The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• I do wish they would stop hard gating single player content around guild activities, I would like to be competitive in both arenas and GAC without being forced to rely on other players. TW fine that's a guild event, but GET2 capital ships and now potentially r8 locked behind guild activities is just not fun.
  • PLEASE stop gating things behind relic level requirements. It only comes across as a cash grab. Gate it behind G13 at the very MOST but requiring specific tiers of relics is completely ridiculous, ESPECIALLY when you already gate G12 behind 7 stars.
  • EgoSlayer
    140 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Aside from the Relic gate, and joke of 'flatter prizing':

FYI: Dark blue highlight text for changes on a blue background default color is *extremely* hard to read. How about picking a contrasting color, like Orange?
  • So CG by full guild effort you mean 10 players? If this raid should take full guild effort than full guild should be rewarded. If you want just guilds of 10 and 40 ticket bots then keep up the great work!!!
  • Does "only Relic 5 characters" mean just Relic 5 or minimum Relic 5?
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Everyone Complaining on R5 Gate, yeah it's not the Best, but Probably Chars Below it would be Defeated before they could do anything so...

I have a feeling some R5 characters may still suffer a similar fate. It's only a min requirement, characters may have to go R6 or R7 to complete the event.
  • True, but at least then more people could participate!
  • I think you are missing the point of the game. The game was created with our favorite franchise Star Wars. This game is all about grinding. Without nothing to achieve (or very little with mega guilds) people stop spending. When people stop spending, devs make less and less content. When less and less content comes to the game, the whales and krakens leave. When those folks leave, the game stops entirely as there is no support left or whales/krakens to keep content going.

This isn’t relicgate. This is keeping the game fresh and fun.
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Doja_Fett if you REALLY want to listen to the community, take 5 minutes of your day and read through this forum, please.
  • Love CG ideas, lets flaten the rewards so we have more people gamming together. Also lets incentive to create more guilds. It might be a good idea to create a system where people want to create guilds with 10 players and 40 ticket mules then join 5 guilds into 1 for tw. looks like a plan!
  • As of now, the rewards average for a guild of 50 is 4.4 on the new piece.

If the devs insist on that total number of Aeromagnifiers, rank 1 could get 6, 2-20 get 5 and 21-50 get 4. That way there would still be an incentive to post more damage, but at least differences in rewards wouldn't be ridiculously disproportionate.

Listen to reason @CG_Doja_Fett
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    My concerns have already been voiced, but my big question is what gear is required to be scrapped for this new scavenger piece? Is it the missing G12 stuff or is just G12+ gear like Zinbiddle.
  • So an 11:1 relic reward ratio is a flatter reward structure? ****
  • id bet kyros and finishers for the looks of it
  • It’s definitely relic gating and while your entitled to your own opinion based on the other posts on the forums you’re in the minority. It’s not that I want to beat the raid right away but gating the players always leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I want the raid to be hard but not in the way where I can only use 3 of my characters.
  • Will there only be 1 difficulty level of the Challenge Tier Raid? Or will there be easier tiers like in the Sith Raid before "Heroic" that just won't give you relic 8 materials? For example Heroic raids require 7* characters but will there be easier tiers that only require for example g12 characters instead of r5 that give not as good of gear?
  • Plus its not like it is impossible or unheard of to have raid rewards be equal amongst guild members...(is it against the forum rules to mention other games?) In any event, Star Wars' Daddy has a game which does just that, and I find it quite refreshing. No one waits for specific "easy" tiers to attack (so that they can do more damage) and its actually a group effort. The Mouse knows best
  • It was taking too long, when doing something that makes it easier for newbies to access fragments they come and stick the knife in the back of older players, it's always like that, you can't praise it.
    You deserve bad words and more.
  • So if top 5 get top 5 20 raids in a row they will be able to have 10 r8, where as bottom 10 will get 1. Seems very flat.

Both the r5 requirement and rewards structuring seems very tone deaf to the vast majority of the player base
  • Hate it
  • CG, you were doing extremely well recently. I was very close to quitting until JKL came out, with great gameplay and cinematics. Then the new GLs were well balanced, GC are looking great. I was fully back. Now I'm on the edge of leaving again for two reasons.

1) Guilds are saving this game. My guess is 30-60% of the player base would have quit by now if their guild didn't keep them in it. Could be twice that. This "flat" reward structure will not encourage competition in guilds, it will encourage either alt-merc'ing or guild destruction. You cannot expect a guild of 50 top tier players to accept that 50+% of their members will get garbage rewards. The high tickets mean months to get one (1) g8.

2) Relic gate. R5 is actually the hardest tier (except maybe R6) to achieve. This eliminates strategy and destroys half our teams. If we are supposed to save for GL's it doesn't make sense to force r5's across the raid teams. You were smart enough to eliminate it for GC, why would you add it now?

I was really hopeful that with Doja Fett and the new communication and changes CG was turning it around and making SWGOH a game to love again. As it is, I'll give it 2-3 months and likely leave.
    Everyone Complaining on R5 Gate, yeah it's not the Best, but Probably Chars Below it would be Defeated before they could do anything so...

Then let R5 be the recommended level not the requirement. If I send in Relic 3 or 4 and they get demolished, let me make the choice to upgrade or not. Setting the hard requirement of Relic 5 means the character is almost at the peak of current max, that's a huge investment ONLY to find out it was a poor choice for the raid.
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Aside from the Relic gate, and joke of 'flatter prizing':

FYI: Dark blue highlight text for changes on a blue background default color is *extremely* hard to read. How about picking a contrasting color, like or Orange?

They Probably did it for Mobile
    on my phone it says its highlighted in Red.
  • I think you are missing the point of the game. The game was created with our favorite franchise Star Wars. This game is all about grinding. Without nothing to achieve (or very little with mega guilds) people stop spending. When people stop spending, devs make less and less content. When less and less content comes to the game, the whales and krakens leave. When those folks leave, the game stops entirely as there is no support left or whales/krakens to keep content going.

This isn’t relicgate. This is keeping the game fresh and fun.

I also like games that are "fresh and fun" for the top 1% of players.
    I have almost 5 mil GP and only 13 characters that qualify and they don't even form a **** team.

• Totally agree with you. I`d rather have my characters crushed in 1-2 turns, than not even having the chance to use them
  • Glauron wrote: »
    CG, you were doing extremely well recently. I was very close to quitting until JKL came out, with great gameplay and cinematics. Then the new GLs were well balanced, GC are looking great. I was fully back. Now I'm on the edge of leaving again for two reasons.

1) Guilds are saving this game. My guess is 30-60% of the player base would have quit by now if their guild didn't keep them in it. Could be twice that. This "flat" reward structure will not encourage competition in guilds, it will encourage either alt-merc'ing or guild destruction. You cannot expect a guild of 50 top tier players to accept that 50+% of their members will get garbage rewards. The high tickets mean months to get one (1) g8.

2) Relic gate. R5 is actually the hardest tier (except maybe R6) to achieve. This eliminates strategy and destroys half our teams. If we are supposed to save for GL's it doesn't make sense to force r5's across the raid teams. You were smart enough to eliminate it for GC, why would you add it now?

I was really hopeful that with Doja Fett and the new communication and changes CG was turning it around and making SWGOH a game to love again. As it is, I'll give it 2-3 months and likely leave.

Totally agrees. Please, CG don't do this crap to your clients! R5 is not fun, but reward structure is a way to push mercs and make drama everywhere. You think some players somewhere want this? Maybe, but not all, not at all. Let us decide with an option when launching the raid if we want this kind of repartition or something totally flattent (the total rewards should be the same). Then we can play "our way".