The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• What makes you think I didn't relay community sentiment about the raid before the break?

It's not like I can be like, "hey everybody, listen up! Take a knee. Alright, there's some bad community sentiment surrounding the raid, so let's cancel our holiday break, create a whole new strategy, write the code, test it, put it through quality assurance, schedule a release on the fly, and get a new raid out the door!"

But what I could do is raise awareness regarding player sentiment, which I did.

Thanks for the communication Doja, it's really appreciated.

In response to your question, we can't point to anything concretely says that you didn't relay community sentiments about the raid before the break, but the problem is, we can't point to anything that says that you did either. And compounded with that is the fact that you (by you I mean CG as a whole) fixed a bug to actually make the raid more difficult, and then you came out with a statement before the break that did not address, or even mention, the issue of coordination at all. With the rapidly growing concern over the level of coordination required being meet by complete radio silence both in the week before and the week after the break, I don't think it's too much of a stretch that we started thinking that this was getting shoved to the side and ignored.

I think all I mean to say is that communication has gotten drastically better since you got here (which is great!), but seemed to take a massive step back when it came to the release of this raid and the aftermath. You becoming a community manager has raised everyone's expectations for the amount and quality of communication we should be getting, and I hope it's not a bad thing to try to hold you to that expectation.

• I've had a change of heart. I'm seeing too many R8s now in GAC and Arena. I think it needs to be made harder.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Ooof, R8 requirements would be hugely divisive. Although I'm sure they'd release the R8 packs again in store as soon as those new GLs go live though. Imagine HAVING to put R8 on a garbage toon.

As soon as you mention the packs they show back up in the store, lol
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Now we know what data they are looking to collect. Sold packs versus fixing raid.
  • Got zero problems with them selling the packs in store once a month. It takes the pressure off us spenders who do not want to leave our guilds whilst CG sort out what they're going to do with this raid.
  • Deany123 wrote: »
    Got zero problems with them selling the packs in store once a month. It takes the pressure off us spenders who do not want to leave our guilds whilst CG sort out what they're going to do with this raid.
    That is the point...
  • Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Deany123 wrote: »
    Got zero problems with them selling the packs in store once a month. It takes the pressure off us spenders who do not want to leave our guilds whilst CG sort out what they're going to do with this raid.
    That is the point...

Correct. They don’t fix problems, they create them on purpose to sell solutions.

• What makes you think I didn't relay community sentiment about the raid before the break?

It's not like I can be like, "hey everybody, listen up! Take a knee. Alright, there's some bad community sentiment surrounding the raid, so let's cancel our holiday break, create a whole new strategy, write the code, test it, put it through quality assurance, schedule a release on the fly, and get a new raid out the door!"

But what I could do is raise awareness regarding player sentiment, which I did.

Thanks for the communication Doja, it's really appreciated.

In response to your question, we can't point to anything concretely says that you didn't relay community sentiments about the raid before the break, but the problem is, we can't point to anything that says that you did either. And compounded with that is the fact that you (by you I mean CG as a whole) fixed a bug to actually make the raid more difficult, and then you came out with a statement before the break that did not address, or even mention, the issue of coordination at all. With the rapidly growing concern over the level of coordination required being meet by complete radio silence both in the week before and the week after the break, I don't think it's too much of a stretch that we started thinking that this was getting shoved to the side and ignored.

I think all I mean to say is that communication has gotten drastically better since you got here (which is great!), but seemed to take a massive step back when it came to the release of this raid and the aftermath. You becoming a community manager has raised everyone's expectations for the amount and quality of communication we should be getting, and I hope it's not a bad thing to try to hold you to that expectation.

That's all very valid. I'll do my best and there will be times where it feels like radio silence as the studio works through what (if anything) we're going to do about an issue. But, I will try to minimize the length and impact of those times and keep you as up to date as possible.

Thank you for the fair criticism and delivering it in a honest, sincere way.
  • Sorry I still do not understand why my choices are cringe, oblivious and foolish. Maybe I have a different perception on this subject than you. Maybe dropping some cash on the game to help me keep up rather than move guilds is a choice I feel is worth making. It's only money at the end of the day.
    There are problems with the raid but I do not think the issues were done with any malice to the player base. These issues are being looked at and will most likely be addressed. Saying that there is no way it's going to be a quick fix and could well take months to sort out.
    With this in mind, for me to keep up with my shard mates and GAC opponents I can either move guilds and separate from good friends or... I can make the adult choice as to if I wish to spend some money to keep up. There is nothing foolish, oblivious or cringe about me making this choice in my opinion
    Sorry I still do not understand why my choices are cringe, oblivious and foolish. Maybe I have a different perception on this subject than you. Maybe dropping some cash on the game to help me keep up rather than move guilds is a choice I feel is worth making. It's only money at the end of the day.
    There are problems with the raid but I do not think the issues were done with any malice to the player base. These issues are being looked at and will most likely be addressed. Saying that there is no way it's going to be a quick fix and could well take months to sort out.
    With this in mind, for me to keep up with my shard mates and GAC opponents I can either move guilds and separate from good friends or... I can make the adult choice as to if I wish to spend some money to keep up. There is nothing foolish, oblivious or cringe about me making this choice in my opinion

That’s your opinion and I have mine. The change to the raid is not difficult nor is it hard to figure out. Coding aside, the fix is making the stacking mechanic per run, not universal. Simple. If that’s their intention then they should tell us. If it takes time to fix that, so be it.

If you want to financially support a game that sells “raid exclusive” resources while being tone deaf in what it’s community it’s saying, or drag their feet in fixing what they screwed up, so be it. I will not. I started spending again, they did the Crancor nonsense and I stopped. I will continue to not financially support the game until it’s fixed. If I feel you still blindly spending is crime, then that’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it.

However I find it funny you think CG is so sincere, especially considering when the stacking mechanic wasn’t working as intended they fixed that immediately. Same now for the Armorer bug with her kit in PVE where the battles go through waves and phases. Helps the players but guess what, it’s getting fixed very quickly. Think the Crancor will get adjusted with that same speed? Think they’re totally committed to their players and not the bottom dollar? Ha, ok then. Do as you please
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Sorry I still do not understand why my choices are cringe, oblivious and foolish. Maybe I have a different perception on this subject than you. Maybe dropping some cash on the game to help me keep up rather than move guilds is a choice I feel is worth making. It's only money at the end of the day.

That’s your opinion and I have mine. The change to the raid is not difficult nor is it hard to figure out. Coding aside, the fix is making the stacking mechanic per run, not universal. Simple. If that’s their intention then they should tell us. If it takes time to fix that, so be it.

If you want to financially support a game that sells “raid exclusive” resources while being tone deaf in what it’s community it’s saying, or drag their feet in fixing what they screwed up, so be it. I will not. I started spending again, they did the Crancor nonsense and I stopped. I will continue to not financially support the game until it’s fixed. If I feel you still blindly spending is crime, then that’s my opinion and I’m entitled to it.

However I find it funny you think CG is so sincere, especially considering when the stacking mechanic wasn’t working as intended they fixed that immediately. Same now for the Armorer bug with her kit in PVE where the battles go through waves and phases. Helps the players but guess what, it’s getting fixed very quickly. Think the Crancor will get adjusted with that same speed? Think they’re totally committed to their players and not the bottom dollar? Ha, ok then. Do as you please

Tbh mate I think your just having a conversation with yourself.. you seem to be making up alot of assumptions and supposed questions on my behalf.
    Anyway you carry on doing your whole angry thing and I'll get on with enjoying my game. Good evening to you sir
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Kind of like how fast they fixed the Darth Malek issue they said people were exploiting.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Tbh mate I think your just having a conversation with yourself.. you seem to be making up alot of assumptions and supposed questions on my behalf.
    Anyway you carry on doing your whole angry thing and I'll get on with enjoying my game. Good evening to you sir

Lol good talk. Enjoy
  • jbi2ist4dzys.png
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    jbi2ist4dzys.png

Yes!!!!
  • I had a guildmate post a zero (app crashed during only phase he was available), and he said he got no rewards. Can anyone confirm whether zero points does or does not give rewards?
  • Zero points get rewards.

People who didn’t join during signup phase or record any attempt during the attack phase get mom rewards.
  • I had a guildmate post a zero (app crashed during only phase he was available), and he said he got no rewards. Can anyone confirm whether zero points does or does not give rewards?
    Zero points grant you the rewards as DarjeloSalas pointed out, however in order to register a 0 you either need to join during the sign up phase or finish a run (even if not doing any damage). An app crash (and as an extension to that, an unfinished run) will not be registered as participation.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    I had a guildmate post a zero (app crashed during only phase he was available), and he said he got no rewards. Can anyone confirm whether zero points does or does not give rewards?
    Zero points grant you the rewards as DarjeloSalas pointed out, however in order to register a 0 you either need to join during the sign up phase or finish a run (even if not doing any damage). An app crash (and as an extension to that, an unfinished run) will not be registered as participation.

Not completely true. There is no way you can start a run without joining, so app crashes wouldnt matter.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I had a guildmate post a zero (app crashed during only phase he was available), and he said he got no rewards. Can anyone confirm whether zero points does or does not give rewards?

Not completely true. There is no way you can start a run without joining, so app crashes wouldnt matter.

Once the raid starts you can't "join"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Once the raid starts you can't "join"

smfqwljcdi71.jpg

jbi2ist4dzys.png

This is amazing.
    jbi2ist4dzys.png

This is amazing.

No it's sad.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I shared that meme with the team in order to boost the argument that we need a confirm run button.
  • Aeo
    4 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    A "confirm run" button isn't going to fix the glaring issue of needing half of the entire guild online at the same time just to complete it. It would still require everyone posting at the same time, and does not address the fact that the stacking does nothing to prevent Kylo from outshining all the other GL's still.

That better not be the only change.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Aeo wrote: »
    A "confirm run" button isn't going to fix the glaring issue of needing half of the entire guild online at the same time just to complete it. That better not be the only change.

ln3nsar6je1h.png
  • Doja, the mechanics of this raid are breaking up guilds and bumming out the majority of players. Does the team require a "this sucks" button to grasp that? This kinda communication from CG is worse than no communication.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Doja, the mechanics of this raid are breaking up guilds and bumming out the majority of players. Does the team require a "this sucks" button to grasp that? This kinda communication from CG is worse than no communication.

It breaks guilds apart for the better

The slackers need to pick up, or lose the top end players to newer guilds

Competitive players are together, and the casual ones are together, as it should be
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Doja, the mechanics of this raid are breaking up guilds and bumming out the majority of players. Does the team require a "this sucks" button to grasp that? This kinda communication from CG is worse than no communication.

It breaks guilds apart for the better

The slackers need to pick up, or lose the top end players to newer guilds

Competitive players are together, and the casual ones are together, as it should be

This isn’t about competitive or not. Do you really think it’s ok to require guilds to re org based on time zones or have to wake up at 3am to drop damage because of the mechs of this raid? This isn’t about difficulty. It’s mechanics and set up of the raid that CG could easily change with minimal shift in difficulty and without opening the door for solos.