The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    bUt If ThEy FiX iT rOsE wIlL bE uSlEsS aGaIn

I realize you are just joking, but there is an "all Resistance" team that can take down SLKR that includes Rose. So she's never been truly useless. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    Are you going to fix the bug where Devour does not start on cooldown?

I believe this is intentional.

nnjm3fm35e7q.png

I believe the text description of the ability is the inaccurate portion of the raid. I could be wrong.

Then why is it inconsistent. Sometimes the ability starts on cooldown and other times it doesn't:
    pxml8hivu4fw.png

Start at 3:22:05 and you will see it is his first attempt during that phase.
    https://youtu.be/cVUy0nhoyPk?t=12125

The day 1 raid had a few issues including the stacking mechanics not WAI either. I haven’t had any inconsistency on devour since.

Like I said I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that devour not being on cooldown was intentional.
  • Konju wrote: »

nnjm3fm35e7q.png

I believe the text description of the ability is the inaccurate portion of the raid. I could be wrong.

Then why is it inconsistent. Sometimes the ability starts on cooldown and other times it doesn't:
    pxml8hivu4fw.png

The day 1 raid had a few issues including the stacking mechanics not WAI either. I haven’t had any inconsistency on devour since.

Like I said I could be wrong, but it was my understanding that devour not being on cooldown was intentional.

I can verify that the inconsistency is still there. Happened last raid I did with Rose...exited and retried and she got eaten first move.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So is this change going to change difficulty as well? Or just mechanics? Will guilds currently beating it without the SLKR cheese still be able to do so?
    Ultra wrote: »
    So is this change going to change difficulty as well? Or just mechanics? Will guilds currently beating it without the SLKR cheese still be able to do so?

Since he said the news is related to the overall raid, and he wasn't given any info on what changes they'll be making with SLKR, I'm guessing its fixing the Airplane mode / Health Thresholds mechanic (which in turn will change SLKR performance)
    That’s my guess, hoping it doesn’t become a lot harder to beat though

A lot harder, no but that is relative, so with a change to such a root mechanic to the game mode, any guild who needs to rely on any single mechanic as the "only way" they can beat it may see themselves needing to develop more or have more people contribute than they did previously.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

nnjm3fm35e7q.png

pxml8hivu4fw.png

I can verify that the inconsistency is still there. Happened last raid I did with Rose...exited and retried and she got eaten first move.

If there is still inconsistency (just haven’t experienced it myself), then this should be addressed as well. I agree.
  • At least not all at the same exact time and in Airplane mode. Hopefully they make the main award in the raid actually flatter too. They need to make this right for the community. It would go a long way in good will since they lost most of that in most people’s minds.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    bUt If ThEy FiX iT rOsE wIlL bE uSlEsS aGaIn

I realize you are just joking, but there is an "all Resistance" team that can take down SLKR that includes Rose. So she's never been truly useless. :)

Does it include Rey lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Whether intended or not guilds coordinate drops. It’s the only way a lot of guilds can complete the raid.

QoL suggestion. Add a “do you want to drop dmg?” prompt at the end of a run. Players shouldn’t have to mess with airplane mode just to circumvent poor game design. And it’s awful when an attempt is ruined by a guild mate accidentally dropping dmg.

Even better, assuming no mechanic changes, would be tools to actually help guilds coordinate drops. International guilds especially are disadvantaged by the need to coordinate. What if there was actually an in-game feature to bank dmg? Each player can only have one run banked at a time or whatever. That would be awesome although I’m too pessimistic to actually belief we’d get that.
  • I love this idea, but would make it waay to easy on the F2P community, which we know there is no money in it, therefore CG will never do it.

I still don't understand why they don't have an arcade style raid, where your entire guild can hit the raid at any time and accumulate points in total which would correlate to a prize box. Relic Gate to force people to progress, and set the bar high so only whale guilds have a shot at the top prize. at least the guild members can play at our own pace and still progress together as a guild.

Truthfully anything is better than trying to coordinate an international guild to hit he rancor at the same time. The was their dumbest idea for game content yet.
  • UPDATE: Changes to the CT Rancor raid are being made! More details will follow when I get them and your patience has been (and continues to be) appreciated. Although I can't go into more detail at this time, I know several posts have requested that I let y'all when something is happening and I said I'd report back what I can when I can. Not sure how long until the next update, but I promise to let you know as soon as I can.

So is cg planning on rolling back all relic 8s impacted by the planned raid changes? SLKR has deffintly had a massive number of people who invested r8 for the raid specifically. If you are altering the raid as a whole I would say all r8s should be refunded.

Changing the raid makes the r8 investment not the same investment people spent the matts on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    UPDATE: Changes to the CT Rancor raid are being made! More details will follow when I get them and your patience has been (and continues to be) appreciated. Although I can't go into more detail at this time, I know several posts have requested that I let y'all when something is happening and I said I'd report back what I can when I can. Not sure how long until the next update, but I promise to let you know as soon as I can.

So is cg planning on rolling back all relic 8s impacted by the planned raid changes? SLKR has deffintly had a massive number of people who invested r8 for the raid specifically. If you are altering the raid as a whole I would say all r8s should be refunded.

Changing the raid makes the r8 investment not the same investment people spent the matts on

There are no current plans for a roll back. Many of the general ideas talked about invole preservation of team ranking order, so as one of the best teams SLKR should still be one of the best teams.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    UPDATE: Changes to the CT Rancor raid are being made! More details will follow when I get them and your patience has been (and continues to be) appreciated. Although I can't go into more detail at this time, I know several posts have requested that I let y'all when something is happening and I said I'd report back what I can when I can. Not sure how long until the next update, but I promise to let you know as soon as I can.

There are no current plans for a roll back. Many of the general ideas talked about invole preservation of team ranking order, so as one of the best teams SLKR should still be one of the best teams.

Right but if I invested in taking my 15-35% at r7 to 50-100% with r8 its still not what I invested in. So even if SLKR does slightly better and everyone gets nerfed it kinda alters the investment. 1/3 of what you invested in is still a change in what you spent your resources in

I see what you are saying, but 1, that is why they made the announcement about the phase solo, so players were aware that investing in SLKR for that reason is not a "good idea" as it may change.

That aside, your team could potentially be doing proportionally "the same" compared to other teams, so your investment is preserved compared to any other investments made.

But this is just general thinking on my end, and all I know is they have no plans at this moment.
  • KnightsTemplar
    44 posts Member
    edited February 2021

Even if SLKR is still the best team that doesn't mean it justifies that people's investment shouldn't be refunded.

I have 0 issues with changes; however, most people invested in r8 slkr for raid performance. Changing how they preform even slightly calls to question the investment worthiness.

How many people wouldn't have invested r8 to slkr?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Even if SLKR is still the best team that doesn't mean it justifies that people's investment shouldn't be refunded.

I have 0 issues with changes; however, most people invested in r8 slkr for raid performance. Changing how they preform even slightly calls to question the investment worthiness.

I'd they were making changes to him directly, yes, but that's not what is happening.

If you invested in going to r8 so he would do better than he did at a lower relic level, and that is still true, then your investment was preserved, right?

But we can see what happens, all I know is the current plan.
  • KnightsTemplar
    44 posts Member
    edited February 2021

Right but if I invested in taking my 15-35% at r7 to 50-100% with r8 its still not what I invested in. So even if SLKR does slightly better and everyone gets nerfed it kinda alters the investment. 1/3 of what you invested in is still a change in what you spent your resources in

I see what you are saying, but 1, that is why they made the announcement about the phase solo, so players were aware that investing in SLKR for that reason is not a "good idea" as it may change.

That aside, your team could potentially be doing proportionally "the same" compared to other teams, so your investment is preserved compared to any other investments made.

But this is just general thinking on my end, and all I know is they have no plans at this moment.

I understand that point of view for anyone who made the investments after the possible raid changes were announced; however, the raid was out and people invested into toons long before that announcement as well. SLKR was the first toon I invested in for raid performance when the R8 packs were being sold. When I invested in SLKR I did it for the raid return long before SLKR was an issue. "Proportionally" the same performance compared to other teams doesn't justify that the investment is equal.

Somewhat of a crude example: IF you buy a king size candy bar from a store and start to leave..... Before you leave I stop you and apologize and say the "price of candy went up" so I need to take 2/3 of the candy bar back and all candy is now cut by the same amount......... Proportionally speaking its the same amount of candy compared to the regular candy bar; however, you no longer got exactly what you paid for.

I have 0 issue with the changes that will come with the raid, but what ever the change is its not really worth the full investment it was previously in terms of raid preformance. Some people would still probably invest in SLKR even knowing this change and some will invest in him for non raid reasons; however its a bit of a stretch to assume that everyone investment was preserved if he is altered in the raid. In the candy bar example you walked away with 2/3 less candy....

• Kyno wrote: »

I'd they were making changes to him directly, yes, but that's not what is happening.

If you invested in going to r8 so he would do better than he did at a lower relic level, and that is still true, then your investment was preserved, right?

Did Doja say anymore than earlier? Or is that some more insider info?

Also no, there’s no need to refund SLKR. I agree. If his R8 usage doesn’t change outside of the raid then there’s zero reason. Now if they change him everywhere...then yeah I agree with the other guy that a refund is necessary on that
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Did Doja say anymore than earlier? Or is that some more insider info?

Also no, there’s no need to refund SLKR. I agree. If his R8 usage doesn’t change outside of the raid then there’s zero reason. Now if they change him everywhere...then yeah I agree with the other guy that a refund is necessary on that

Only changes mentioned were to the raid, so no changes to SLKR directly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I understand that point of view for anyone who made the investments after the possible raid changes were announced; however, the raid was out and people invested into toons long before that announcement as well. SLKR was the first toon I invested in for raid performance when the R8 packs were being sold. When I invested in SLKR I did it for the raid return long before SLKR was an issue. "Proportionally" the same performance compared to other teams doesn't justify that the investment is equal.

Somewhat of a crude example: IF you buy a king size candy bar from a store and start to leave..... Before you leave I stop you and apologize and say the "price of candy went up" so I need to take 2/3 of the candy bar back and all candy is now cut by the same amount......... Proportionally speaking its the same amount of candy compared to the regular candy bar; however, you no longer got exactly what you paid for.

I have 0 issue with the changes that will come with the raid, but what ever the change is its not really worth the full investment it was previously in terms of raid preformance. Some people would still probably invest in SLKR even knowing this change and some will invest in him for non raid reasons; however its a bit of a stretch to assume that everyone investment was preserved if he is altered in the raid. In the candy bar example you walked away with 2/3 less candy....

Careful people around here are...um, sensetive... towards analogies.

In this game, you did not buy raid damage directly. So in theory you upgraded a toon that does better than others and you want to make him to better. All of that is still true and the upgrade you made does make him perform better than he did before.

I am not arguing one way or the other, they will make the choice they make, but without a change very specifically to or directly to SLKR, it doesnt seem likely at this moment.
  • I wonder if CG realizes that the challenge pit is tearing guilds apart. It takes everyone going at the same time and no one posting any damage till everyone is sure they have 100%. This is causing tons of strife for guilds.

People mess up and don't get on airplane mode, and post accidentally. Or people get annoyed that their run is getting dropped, so the get significantly worse rewards (yeah, CG they're not flattened out like you said).

What are the odds they fix this in some way?
  • frackme_21 wrote: »
    I wonder if CG realizes that the challenge pit is tearing guilds apart. It takes everyone going at the same time and no one posting any damage till everyone is sure they have 100%. This is causing tons of strife for guilds.

People mess up and don't get on airplane mode, and post accidentally. Or people get annoyed that their run is getting dropped, so the get significantly worse rewards (yeah, CG they're not flattened out like you said).

Given that they’ve literally just said they’re going to be making changes to the raid id say pretty high
    I wonder if CG realizes that the challenge pit is tearing guilds apart. It takes everyone going at the same time and no one posting any damage till everyone is sure they have 100%. This is causing tons of strife for guilds.

Doja just announced today changes are coming. I’ll bet it’s making the stacking mechanic by an individual basis as well as Probbaly adding some kind of max siphon for SLKR or the thresholds to make him less full phase clearing. I’m always skeptical of them but if they have any kind of sense thats the direction they’ll take
  • How dare people solo phase 1 during a mass coordinated attack
  • FistyCuffs wrote: »
    How dare people solo phase 1 during a mass coordinated attack

I hear yah. I don’t see it as a big deal, considering after P1, I’ve yet to see a single team solo P2-P4. It’s not a big issue. If they really care so much, oh well. Especially if they make the stacking mechanic per individual run, not universal. If that’s the case then fine, let em make it a guild effort rather than one guy soloing with SLKR. So long as it’s per run, then it takes away one of the biggest issues with the stacking mechanic
  • Expect the worst. This is cg after all.
  • UPDATE: Changes to the CT Rancor raid are being made! More details will follow when I get them and your patience has been (and continues to be) appreciated. Although I can't go into more detail at this time, I know several posts have requested that I let y'all when something is happening and I said I'd report back what I can when I can. Not sure how long until the next update, but I promise to let you know as soon as I can.

As a guild leader, I wish they will remove the every 20% thresholds. Because of these thresholds, we have to ask every members to gather at the same time, and this is a very difficult task. We have doctors, soldiers, policemen and etc. Does CG want me to ask them to leave their patients, responsibilities and duties during the raid? And turn on their airplane mode for few hours waiting other to participate the raid?
  • MDX wrote: »

As a guild leader, I wish they will remove the every 20% thresholds. Because of these thresholds, we have to ask every members to gather at the same time, and this is a very difficult task. We have doctors, soldiers, policemen and etc. Does CG want me to ask them to leave their patients, responsibilities and duties during the raid? And turn on their airplane mode for few hours waiting other to participate the raid?

Can't believe I'm going to defend this shower of a company, but this is quite a ridiculous statement. Life / career is more important than the game, who is going to put the game first over their life? No one. If they can't do the game because they're a doctor, then so what? They'll play the game when they can.

Ultimately this is a mobile game that they're trying to turn into an MMO which is ridiculous of course - and the raid is a pile of something... but using people's careers as an argument is not really sensible.

We’ve lost good people due to this and then chasing a Cpit guild, we’ve also gained people to fill there spots but ultimately the same problem .

Over 240mill guild and less than 10 people putting the effort in to turn up and try the raid.

Me And another guild mate get consistently just under 50% so effectively we can 3 man phase 1, however it takes an hour or more to actually get a 3rd to drop in a run with gas or Padme to make up the difference.

Nobody shows up to this raid😡😡they just can’t be **** with the effort and the coordination.

I’ve said it before but you’ve wrecked my guild and my enthusiasm for the game, I literally haven’t spent since the Cpit came out whilst waiting to see what unfolds. Close to quoting , I feel like I should leave and “chase” a likeminded guild that can do the Cpit but my desire to play this game is wavering to be honest now.

For the love of god......why couldn’t you just do a stacking damage penalty PER player to make it so you can’t take 2 teams into a phase without one being nerfed considerably.
    There would still need to be coordination but not the whole guild getting together for hours at the same time.

And 7 people doing the raid, probably over a 100k spent in the game between them, they are addicts and they do not represent probably 99% of the player base .

This company is ridiculous , old raid rehashed lazily with upped pain🥱.

WHERE IS THE DEATH STAR RAID!!! Where is the many raid possibilities from mandalorian episodes??
    What a shower of ....
  • Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    MDX wrote: »

Can't believe I'm going to defend this shower of a company, but this is quite a ridiculous statement. Life / career is more important than the game, who is going to put the game first over their life? No one. If they can't do the game because they're a doctor, then so what? They'll play the game when they can.

Ultimately this is a mobile game that they're trying to turn into an MMO which is ridiculous of course - and the raid is a pile of something... but using people's careers as an argument is not really sensible.

I think you're missing the point of that comment. Let me put it another way: I have people from all over the world in my guild. Should I expect some people to wake up at 5am to hit the raid or stay awake until 3am in airplane mode in case they need to post?

What we mean is that, as you mentioned, this is a mobile game and people shouldn't be forced to adjust their life to fit the game.

Oh, and did anyone mention that this raid is a guildbreaker, too? ;)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    All raids were guild breakers.

The damage threshold is poorly thought out, but that doesn't change the fact that new challenging content has always shuffled guilds up.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH