The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• All gear drops from cPit can be scrapped for relic salvage.

Like we can get some g12+ and g12 pieces but its only those that you can use on the higher relic salvage for scrap (apart from the new r8 piece)

The g12+ pieces in there can be used as scrap for the zinbiddle
    The g12 pieces for the electrium conductor
    The more valuable purple pieces (carb, kyro) for the aurodium heatsink (a lot of these is bottleneck gear for getting to g12 as well though so I think these are more valuable to most)
    The lesser valuable purple and blue pieces can be used for the chromium transistor.

So mostly that is how I started viewing the gear drops. Extra scrap stuff to help towards relics.
    My guess would be that this is why those purple and blue pieces are actually even in there. Not to help with gear bottlenecks but to help with getting more gear to scrap for relic salvage.

It also means that for those relic salvage I dont really need to farm the gear pieces with energy so I can use the energy to get other gear I need. (mostly bottleneck gear)

Now it would be nice if they'd also add the gear 12 pieces to scrap for the new impulse detector.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    I'd certainly like to see the rewards changed by - replacing the useless junk gear and either adding g12 for scavanging impulse detectors or straight up adding those impulse detectors, also some zinbiddles would be nice as they are just painful to come by.

However, IF you want to go hard on R8 there's still the LS 9-F node on which you can farm the mk12 bayonets for your r8's, mk8 implant salvage for your golden eyeballs and mk3 holo lenses on top. I've been farming that node when I was doing JML and am sitting at 750 bayonets, enough for 4 relic 8 chars if I'd have enough r8 raid mats which I do not.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    All gear drops from cPit can be scrapped for relic salvage.

Like we can get some g12+ and g12 pieces but its only those that you can use on the higher relic salvage for scrap (apart from the new r8 piece)

The more valuable purple pieces (carb, kyro) for the aurodium heatsink (a lot of these is bottleneck gear for getting to g12 as well though so I think these are more valuable to most)
    The lesser valuable purple and blue pieces can be used for the chromium transistor.

So mostly that is how I started viewing the gear drops. Extra scrap stuff to help towards relics.
    My guess would be that this is why those purple and blue pieces are actually even in there. Not to help with gear bottlenecks but to help with getting more gear to scrap for relic salvage.

It also means that for those relic salvage I dont really need to farm the gear pieces with energy so I can use the energy to get other gear I need. (mostly bottleneck gear)

Now it would be nice if they'd also add the gear 12 pieces to scrap for the new impulse detector.

While I do see your point for gear scrapping, certainly that scrap could be altered to the actual relic pieces needed and not the scrap for said relic pieces. We’ve been conditioned to accept such poor gear rewards for far too long. You’ve accomplished the ability to sim raids as a guild? Cool, now accept fewer rewards on an individual basis.

The gear economy needs an overhaul and reward pools would be a great way to do that. Yet here we are, blue gear still included for end game rewards. Pretty stingy, CG.
  • Konju wrote: »
    All gear drops from cPit can be scrapped for relic salvage.

While I do see your point for gear scrapping, certainly that scrap could be altered to the actual relic pieces needed and not the scrap for said relic pieces. We’ve been conditioned to accept such poor gear rewards for far too long. You’ve accomplished the ability to sim raids as a guild? Cool, now accept fewer rewards on an individual basis.

The gear economy needs an overhaul and reward pools would be a great way to do that. Yet here we are, blue gear still included for end game rewards. Pretty stingy, CG.

Oh I agree it would be much nicer if they had actually added some signal data and relic salvage in the rewards box. I kinda expected this when the raid dropped.
    I hope the new conquest mode will help a bit towards easing some of the gear crunch bottlenecks.
  • 👀
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    👀

There's 99 pages, but answer to the Pit aint 1.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This might seem like a dumb question, but I am still new to SWGOH. Does the challenge have to be complete to earn the rewards? There's other tasks that might not be fully completed but the rewards are still distributed, like the Galactic Challenges. Above in the first paragraph, it mentions something like a requirement being to cooperate, but doesn't mention if the The Pit Challenge has to be completed. Just asking because I am trying to reach Relic 8 with Jedi Knight Revan.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    This might seem like a dumb question, but I am still new to SWGOH. Does the challenge have to be complete to earn the rewards? There's other tasks that might not be fully completed but the rewards are still distributed, like the Galactic Challenges. Above in the first paragraph, it mentions something like a requirement being to cooperate, but doesn't mention if the The Pit Challenge has to be completed. Just asking because I am trying to reach Relic 8 with Jedi Knight Revan.

The Challenge Rancor, like all raids, does require full completion to get any rewards.