Returning player

Hello everyone! I originally started playing this game not long after launch and have took breaks at various points. I'm returning to the game after probably close to a 2yr layoff. When I left mods and ships were still in their infancy in the game. So much has changed since I last played. I've tried to do some reading and youtube watching but its basically information overload at this point lol. I need some help figuring out a couple of short-term goals in relation to where my account sits now. You know just a good general direction to be headed in while I'm learning the new meta, characters, game modes, etc. Any and all feedback with be greatly appreciated! Here is a link to my account
https://swgoh.gg/p/259296961/

Replies

• Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I would farm up a geonosian team. They are very good, and have great ships. Geos can also unlock Padme, who you should definitely make a priority, since you already have JKA, Ahsoka, Yoda, Fives, who make a good Padme squad.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Mods and ships in their infancy was 4 years ago, not 2.

At any rate, you seem to have a good Anakin and Ahsoka, so if you are sticking with this account, get seps to unlock Padmé and then get into a good guild so you can get GK.
  • Thakyou all for the replies. Since this post I have joined a guild and been asking questions trying to get as much information as possible. They too recommended farming geonotions working towards the padme unlock. Things are starting to come together now that I have clear path in front of me. There was just so many new characters and added content that it was a bit overwhelming starting back.
  • Personally I would start over. I know it sounds rough but your gonna be stuck in a hard fleet and arena shard if you dont.
  • mpdmonster wrote: »
    Personally I would start over. I know it sounds rough but your gonna be stuck in a hard fleet and arena shard if you dont.

I disagree. He has a Padme team. He just needs Padme.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    mpdmonster wrote: »
    Personally I would start over. I know it sounds rough but your gonna be stuck in a hard fleet and arena shard if you dont.

A Padme team is pretty worthless in a near-launch shard.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    The question of whether to start over really depends on how much OP cares about squad arena. If you want top ranks, start over.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    The question of whether to start over really depends on how much OP cares about squad arena. If you want top ranks, start over.

Agreed, but the post I quoted was in reference to arena shard, and it was very bad advice for that.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Agreed, but the post I quoted was in reference to arena shard, and it was very bad advice for that.

Right, exactly. I was kind of responding to both of you...you can say I agreed with you technically about Padmé as I also said to start over if OP cares about being top arena. Padmé will at least get past the inactives and people who don't know what they're doing, but will still get bumped by any straggling DRevan's unless you have great mods (which OP will take a long time to catch up on mods with launch players). But arena below GLs is going to be JKLs and GAS before getting to DRevan even.

So yeah, my vote is if arena's important to you, start over. Otherwise, GAC is salvageable and fleet arena is so stale it won't take as long to catch up. Though it will depend on how busy the fleet shard chat is.
  • I really hadn't thought about starting over. The geo farm is coming along good since I made it my main focus. Out of curiosity what rank range are we talking about being able to get to with a padme team? I don't necessarily have to be in the very top and will be happy if I can be competitive.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Zand wrote: »
    I really hadn't thought about starting over. The geo farm is coming along good since I made it my main focus. Out of curiosity what rank range are we talking about being able to get to with a padme team? I don't necessarily have to be in the very top and will be happy if I can be competitive.

That depends on your shard and how active it is. I would be hopeful you can get into the top 250. But you will need to make sure you can get on top of mod farming.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Zand wrote: »
    I really hadn't thought about starting over. The geo farm is coming along good since I made it my main focus. Out of curiosity what rank range are we talking about being able to get to with a padme team? I don't necessarily have to be in the very top and will be happy if I can be competitive.

That depends on your shard and how active it is. I would be hopeful you can get into the top 250. But you will need to make sure you can get on top of mod farming.

My alt is in a way newer shard and I get pushed out of the top 500 regularly (granted it's not a maxed padme squad)

https://swgoh.gg/p/926761324/

I can climb into the 300s but I only do a few battles daily so not sure if i could actually reach top 250 or not. I suspect not, unless i found good targets to climb with.

All this is to say I really doubt top 250 is in anyway possible with Padme on a near-launch shard, unless you have fantastic mods (also unlikely with being inactive so long) or a very dead shard.
  • Sorry I wasn't fully understanding everything that was being said. Shards are the different individual arena pools. So basically starting over with a newer group would have more long term benefits as I'd have an older account within that specific player group. Instead of being stuck in an older player group with an account I've been on and off with. That does definitely make sense from alot of viewpoints.
  • TVF wrote: »

As a player who is in a launch shard I couldn't disagree more! My top 70 are nearly all GL's but the other 130 are GAS and DR (all something Padme can counter).

New shards have everything an old shard has within 6 months now (even more so because of the HDB and accelerated shard farming).

Concentrate on mods and speak for support before levelling mods or crafting mods as credit resource is slow at the start of the game.

Get a steady arena team-geos/padme/gas is a good way to go. Farm no more than 2 characters a time from energy on each node to ensure you are getting a good rate of shards and gear. And most importantly at your gear level don't over invest. geos (g12 max) jkr (r4 max) ewoks (G10 max). I am a twitch streamer so if you wanted a chat pop in buddy or give me a shout on here and you can come to my discord and i will happily assist.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    LOTD wrote: »

As a player who is in a launch shard I couldn't disagree more! My top 70 are nearly all GL's but the other 130 are GAS and DR (all something Padme can counter).

New shards have everything an old shard has within 6 months now (even more so because of the HDB and accelerated shard farming).

Concentrate on mods and speak for support before levelling mods or crafting mods as credit resource is slow at the start of the game.

Get a steady arena team-geos/padme/gas is a good way to go. Farm no more than 2 characters a time from energy on each node to ensure you are getting a good rate of shards and gear. And most importantly at your gear level don't over invest. geos (g12 max) jkr (r4 max) ewoks (G10 max). I am a twitch streamer so if you wanted a chat pop in buddy or give me a shout on here and you can come to my discord and i will happily assist.

My shard is April 2017 and I'm told (humble brag, haven't seen outside top 50 in a while) that our shard has tons of GL beyond that.

Like I said, could be that a launch/near-launch shard is fairly inactive at this point, in which case a Padme team could probably climb pretty well. I'd still be tempted to start over if it were me though.
  • TVF wrote: »

I misread. I don’t care about squad arena so...
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

I misread. I don’t care about squad arena so...

75sITNoaRb6DZkw4EP9k_992005871a8b03fe192753fca50bad44bcb0f357.jpe
  • Thanks for the replies since I last posted. LOTD I may definitely take you up on the help at some point. I've been asking ton of question in my guilds discord.

I've definitely thought about hyperdriving and starting over, but i've had this account so long. About decided to just keep grinding away and take my chances in my current shard.