Where do I go from here - advice needed!

Hi all,

I’ve been playing for just under a year now, and I’m at a bit of a crossroads on my strategy moving forward.

Currently I’m relatively happy with my roster, sat at 1.28m GP with most of my top characters are level 85/gear 8-10 with a nice balance of squads (I think!).

I’m fairly competitive in GAC (nearly Kyber in div 8 last time out), and comfortably top 1000 in squad and top 200 in fleet arena. My rough farming plan is as follows:

1.) Get Bossk and Jango to 7* to get 7* Padme and Chewie (only just unlocked both Padme and Chewie 5* this week)

2.) Get Canderous to 7* for DR event and gear him, Carth and Juhani up to gear 7/8

3.) Level and gear up CLS, Han and Chewie once Chewie is unlocked 7*

4.) Level and gear up Padme and General Kenobi once Padme is unlocked 7*

5.) Start working on Ewoks for C3PO event

Recently though I’ve been wondering if I’m spreading myself too thin and I should scrap this farming plan and just work on one particular squad to get them to gear 13/relic so I have a really amazing squad for grand/fleet arena.

Is this a good move making myself top heavy, or am I better off sticking to having a fairly balanced top end to my roster instead? If gear 13/relic on one squad is the way to go, which squad do I go for? My thinking was either Jedi, Padme or Bounty Hunters personally, or is there a team I’m not even thinking of?

Link to my swgoh.gg here: https://swgoh.gg/p/677859925/

Apologies for the long post, thank you for reading, and looking forward to your feedback!

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You have a good list of farming goals. Whether you spread yourself too thin and should focus on building a strong team for squad arena is a matter of preferences. Whether you want to play competitively and reach top ranks in arena(s) or whether you want to collect more characters and leave them below g12 is all up to you. What's more fun for you?

If you reach higher ranks in squad arena, you will have a higher daily crystal income which will buy you more energy/node refreshes for faster farming. In fleet arena you will need to reach top-50 to win crystals. However, if you can, it's worth it.

I would recommend that you choose either your Padme team or DR team (once unlocked) and take it to g12 or even relic level to try to reach top-100 in squad arena (or even top-50 depending on your shard) to win those additional crystals. Until you unlock Padmé/DR you should be able to gain an instant improvement simply by rearranging your mods on your current arena team. F.ex. some of your speed mods on JKR have no speed secondaries. If you put a speed set on him you should make him fast. Mod GMY for max offense. Speed is less important for GMY since he gains a lot of bonus turnmeter from his abilities. You should use your best mods on your arena team. Also develop a strategy for farming/slicing mods. Don't underestimate their importance. The good thing about mods is, that you can move them between teams f.ex. when you switch to your next arena team.

How do you rank in your Sith raids? Reaching higher prize tiers will help you gear you characters - especially beyond g12 - even if you don't reach top-10. It's worth the effort.
  • Padme and Chewie are both good options. If you're going for Padme, Nute is the MVP in that event at lower gear. I'd be a little more focused on a few squads than trying to get a bunch of characters geared up.

To be honest, you have a ton to work on, so just get a little focused on one goal at a time. If Chewie is that goal, focus on your BH (Bossk for sure) to beat that event. If DR is the goal, focus on finishing shards and gearing up Carth, Canderous and just a little on Juhani (mine is still G7 for example). Since you're close, I'd probably go for him at this point - he's a great character to have.
  • It definitely looks like you could improve in arena if that is a goal of yours. Vader in your jedi team adds little. Also Bastilla is not the ideal leader for them. Jkr is a much better leader.

For long term focus, I would gear the following characters to relics. Darth Revan (when you get him), dark Bastilla, hk, malak (when you can but a 5 star g11 malak does pretty well), vader, and thrawn.

Here's my reasoning. A Darth revan team will plow through the teams you see in arena now and with proper modding, most of what you'll see below the top 50. Vader and thrawn will make good 4th and 5th characters until you get malak and will also be great later on so might as well relic them.

Also this sets you up for ftp GL counters later on. Vader, wat tambor, thrawn, darth revan, and dark Bastilla destroy Rey teams easily. High stars and high gear aren't required for wat. You literally just need the zeta and g8 or g8.

You can also destroy some kylo teams with thrawn, vader, wat, darth revan, and a pre taunt (shore trooper, sith trooper, brood alpha, ect). You may have to throw in raid han to stun a fast hux but still a pretty good counter with little investment.

A Darth revan with wat team easily counter jml teams.

So basically with relicing a handful of characters you can go from finishing in the 1000s to top 10. And probably in the top 100 with a month or so. Top 10 may take a while longer depending on your shard and how soon you may get wat. Personally for me, the extra crystals are definitely worth it.
  • Thanks for the advice everyone, I really appreciate it - it seems like I’m on the right track with things, but I need to start focusing in a bit more on a couple of squads and modding.

I’ve got a better understanding of mods (as I was terrible with them) following the guides on gaming-fans and what the people with higher GP in my guild are using. I’ve managed to get some basic guides on mods too from the forums and Reddit, so hopefully that’ll be helpful too.

I’m not that interested in being at top of my shard chasing the meta, but as long as I’m fairly competitive in arena and GAC and have fun that’s my main focus. At this point the fun in game for me is chasing the journey guide characters that I still want (Padme, DR, Chewie and C3PO).

I like the sound the DR, BSF, HK, Vader and Thrawn team, the logic behind it makes sense and they’re all very viable characters at any level of this game.

I think just focusing in on one or two things at this point and getting a squad or two to G12 and beyond is the way to go by the sounds of it?