First character to R8??

Prev13
Deany123
88 posts Member
edited May 2021
So what characters will everyone be taking to R8 first? I spent a little this morning to get a little ahead in the game but am unsure on which of my characters is going to benefit the most from it.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• One of the sith trio
  • If I had a GL — u can guess. But I have no g13s so
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Whomever you use in arena.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • barris
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Whomever you use in arena.

And/or in the raid, have to focus on keeping those things coming in, or you will start to lose out.
  • None.

It's going to be one to two months before my guild completes the raid, probably. Then it will take a bit to acquire the mats.

So I don't have to even think about this for 6 weeks at the absolute minimum.

But even if I did have to think about it, the resources invested for a single stat bump equal to the stat bump between r6 & r7 are prohibitive. I'd rather get 3 characters from r1 to r5 than 1 character from r7 to r8.

So I won't re giving r8 to a single toon, not even a GL, until it's required for something I want to do in game.

Personally, I thought RCT was going to be ridiculously difficult (after I found out that there was only going to be one tier, the early rumors were unclear & I thought there might be more than one CT) in order to gate the r8 mats. And they did that.

But I also thought that this would be different from all the other relic tiers, since they were setting r8 mats up as different from all other relic materials. I actually thought that you would require r8 mats ... and nothing else.

R8 mats + anything else? Well, it just discourages the use of r8 mats because those other materials are better used elsewhere.
  • If I had a GL — u can guess. But I have no g13s so

I have a GL but there's no way in hell I'll take him to r8. SEE's damage is so mediocre that the tiny boost he gets won't be enough to alter gameplay enough to warrant using the mats. Rey, Kylo, and especially JML will benefit a lot though.

Seems like an attacker will be the way to go. I'd say GAS and JKL are pretty solid bets
  • I brought SEE to R8 because he was my only GL, regret it, it didn't make him noticeably any stronger.

If I could do it again, for my lineup, id probably do GAS or GG
  • Was leaning towards gas myself.. he is a meta killer at the end of the day but the mats are so expensive it's hard to pull the trigger
  • Just me or does R8 seem really light in the upgrade area for the cost???

• DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Tbh, as far as I can tell the bump from r7 to r8 isn't that much. So I'm likely going to hoard the materials when I get them until I see a place in the game where I can get the most improvement. For example, if there is a GL team that has r8 in my arena and it keeps me out of the top 10, then it may be worth it. But more than likely, r7 with even a few below that will continue to be just fine.

Definitely not worth $100 to do it today for bragging rights.
  • GK

Extra 2 speed for negotiator
  • Kylo no doubt. Then I would probably go for Vader and JKL. Dont think I will bother putting it on SEE after that.
  • for me it will be Grievous
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Characters that make sense to me:
    Grievous & GK - because of capital ships and them being part of good teams
    Vader, GAS or JKL - Attackers seem to get a nice boost and they are part of great teams
    Brood Alpha or Mon Mothma - The Brute & Rebel Trooper Scale with them

Or horde until we know more and if/when/what abilities may be unlocked with R8
  • So we get the same type of stats increase like R1-R7?
    Then I will pass, weak char still weak after all the stats increases..
  • Kyno wrote: »

And/or in the raid, have to focus on keeping those things coming in, or you will start to lose out.

It depends. You can have a great roster but be in a guild that wont be able to beat the raid
  • Bossk.

I want it to be Zuckuss. ;'(
  • Kylo no doubt. Then I would probably go for Vader and JKL. Dont think I will bother putting it on SEE after that.

idk dude, ultimate SEE damage could go up from like 22k damage to 22.2k. Seems worth it maybe!
  • Kyno wrote: »

lol - the company line. SWGOFOMO. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • GK

Extra 2 speed for negotiator

Winner winner chicken dinner! I see so many making simple mistakes here. GK is king for various reasons.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    I’m thinking Gas, as one of the best attacking tank characters he will always be good. It will be a choice of who I use the most, Gas, JKL, Vader, Malak, Chewp0, etc..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

It depends. You can have a great roster but be in a guild that wont be able to beat the raid

Then you are not earning the materials to go to r8 in the first place.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

lol - the company line. SWGOFOMO. :D

Or a logical way to develop your roster for the most effective outcome.
  • Ultowe
    38 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    any toon that have use in pit raid and ls geo ^^ and nego fleet will get pushed too at least ...
    i think gk would be the first if padme find a place in pit raid
  • Deany123 wrote: »
    So what characters will everyone be taking to R8 first? I spent a little this morning to get a little ahead in the game but am unsure on which of my characters is going to benefit the most from it.

A lot of people sleep on General Grievous. If you don’t have a GL GG will be hitting like a monster truck. Extra health = Extra Damage.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Thinking about it. Why CG didnt add a filter by relic level in the inventory ?
    Would make life easier to check which toon has relic 8. Otherwise we need to review all the gear 13 toons to find which one has R8
  • AyyJake wrote: »
    Deany123 wrote: »

A lot of people sleep on General Grievous. If you don’t have a GL GG will be hitting like a monster truck. Extra health = Extra Damage.
    If you don't have a GL, GAS, JKL and Vader are all far superior to GG in terms of damage.

Nobody is sleeping on GG, he is falling out of the meta tier.
  • NS Spirit will be my first.