Unlocked GAS - P4 Mods shown

westenger
138 posts Member
edited January 2021
EDIT:

This was a thread asking for tips on making the GAS phase 4 easier.
Now that I completed it (dank farrik!) I thought I would leave my mods for people struggling with the event.

I tried for hours with a R4 B1 w/ 9100 offense and didn't get it (there were 2 times where I got to GAS vs Droideka, but he killed me first)

Then I got B1 to R5, reshuffled mods to get to 9700 offense and it took me 5 or 6 tries, about 10 minutes. Probably got lucky (I think I may have it recorded, will update this post with the video when I get to edit it) but I think getting B1 offense high is key (I followed Its just Ian video, who did it with R4, 9400 offense).

Its Just Ian video:
https://youtu.be/TEGczAzlMOs

My runs (failed attempts and at the end, the one defeating the event):
https://youtu.be/2XxJsK8luhc

B1: R5, zeta
8mjmhe803u92.png

Asajj Ventress: G12, 2 zetas
mtsj0dpoceks.png

B2: G12, zeta
s7x0atof2af1.png

Droideka: G12, zeta
ecimidlz0gv7.png

IG100: G12, no zeta
e5b7zu0atl7b.png

Post edited by westenger on

Replies

• More gear = less RNG influence.
  • I'm about to throw my phone out of the window due to this rng shitfest too. Something that came into my mind though: can it be this event got significantly harder with the recent TM changes? Looking at my toons sitting there with full TM yet not taking a turn until it's too late is just super frustrating. Like B1 being rdy to heal up magna but sits still until every clone made a move thanks to TM gain. Just an example, I observe this behaviour across all heroes (e. g. Assaj should be 2nd or 3rd of my team to move, yet she rarely takes even a turn before the first topple). Have 200+ tries now with a mix of relics and mid G12s with proper to more than enough mods and only got close once to winning (needless to say I lost cause of a droideka "miss!" on the final blow, getting killed by GAS in return...) leads me to the conclusion that all those more or less great guides are somewhat outdated and don't work anymore.
  • Quite possible the guides are outdated and in some cases they may have been overly optimistic to begin with.

For what it's worth, I went in with a g12/g13 mix and ended up with all g13, though not all relic'd.

I ended up with:
    zzAsaj r3 .. not that I think her relics made much difference
    zB-1 r5 .. these squishy little clankers matter a lot
    zDroideka r3 .. my last upgrade to increase my damage output; maybe could have skimped a bit but was at the limits of my RNG tolerance
    zB-2 r0 .. he needs to survive and debuff
    Magnaguard r0 .. just needs to survive and take the heat as long as possible
  • Tenacity for the magna is not enough, leave 1 set of tenacity and 2 of health, with health. the magna needs to stay alive for a while. Change the attack arrow of the droideka for one of speed, preferably with attack on the secondary.

Not ahead he resists the stun and fails to stay alive.
    If you still can't start thinking about placing relics starting with magna, then droideka.
  • I did it with zzr3 Asajj, R3 B1, r2 or 3 droidaka, g12 B2 and magna, they had 2 left hand side pieces. B2 and magna need a crit avoidance arrow.
    Droidaka should be 206 speed to get out first and a good amount of offense, I think mine had 5k or 6k, whatever the highest you can do for that speed.
    B1 should be over 6k offense and as fast as possible,
    I followed the Sir George guide and that helped me, even after the change to GAS. Took me many many tries, almost snapping my phone. It is possible to get that one good roll of RNG.
  • MasterJackson
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I agree. Kittens to RNG. The YouTube videos have to be outdated and not relevant to any updates. I'm in the same boat. Tried 200 times and I can get 5s down sometimes.... that's it. Working on relic which I hate to waste on these droids but whatever. Stupid game is outrageously inconsistent.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Darth_GrumpyCat
    34 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I did it with zzr3 Asajj, R3 B1, r2 or 3 droidaka, g12 B2 and magna, they had 2 left hand side pieces. B2 and magna need a crit avoidance arrow.
    Droidaka should be 206 speed to get out first and a good amount of offense, I think mine had 5k or 6k, whatever the highest you can do for that speed.
    B1 should be over 6k offense and as fast as possible,
    I followed the Sir George guide and that helped me, even after the change to GAS. Took me many many tries, almost snapping my phone. It is possible to get that one good roll of RNG.
    Fun fact: crit avoidance arrows made 0% difference for the last 100 tries, so I stopped bothering and gave them their arena mods back. My Droideka does go first, sitting at 5.8k offense. My B1 is at 8k. Still after ~300 attemps I made it to solo GAS twice, the first time- see above. Second time it was solo droideka from the very start = no chance. Thanks for trying to help, but it seems there's just two options left- either spend an absurd amount of gear and relic levels on mediocre toons or sacrifice my first born to CG.
    As someone actively gaming for 34 years, I can confidently say- I never experienced something as bad, stupid, poorly designed, as this very event tier.

€: daily reset, added another relic lvl to droideka, now at 6.2k offense... 4 tries later the stars aligned, killed 5s and Echo on first topple, some lucky evades before 2nd topple, faced GAS B2, B1, Ventress, Droideka left, finished with B1 and Droideka. Point still stands, this is so effing far away from fun, I'm out of words.

• Bump because I have unlocked him, showing mods and strategy
  • Thanks op, you may have given me hope. I followed a couple of guides with r2 b1 and r4 deka and the others g12. Sometimes I get 5s out and dmg other clone but echo just stuns then gas gets up and wipes my team. Same story for like 100 attempts. Will pass some speed from deka to b1 and push b1 to r4 or 5 and try again in a few days
  • Thanks op, you may have given me hope.

I'm happy I did, that was the goal of editing the post.

If you haven't, check the video of my attempts to see the final run. I have to say I had good RNG because neither Rex nor Echo used their specials when first toppling GAS, although I also got no so great RNG because Asajj went before Droideka at the start of the battle, potentially missing more assists from DDK, and IG100 went before getting GAS toppled, which in turn made impossible to stun Rex with IG100 second special.