GC reward crates [MERGE]

Replies

• Rebmes wrote: »
    It's weird. I can complete everything except some of the "full Empire squad" feats - I did tier 4, and unlocked the second last crate - no point working on tier 5 or 6 because I know I can't beat 7, and you have to beat 7 to get to the last crate :|

Sorta grateful there's no point in even trying lol makes it that much quicker. What exactly do we need 3 days for?

You're right that we only need one day now, but three days is more convenient because:
    1) It allows you to pick which day you want (I did mine today--busy Friday, had to drive a lot Saturday, spending today in bed!).
    2) It gives time to improve your team if you're juuust on the cusp.

Three days is fine. They're doing two a week, so as long as the length isn't impacting the number per week it's fine. Figure it this way, if it was only one day long do you think we'd get three GCs? Probably not, so let convenience reign!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    We should get three GC a week, each three days long.

TheJosh gets it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »
    I find the event WAY over powered right now.

Seriously Tier 5 is wrecking Relic-5 characters & lets not even talk about T6.

I completed the event

6iff89yb66s3.png

With this team

py3yx8v1m7av.png

Similar here:
    bogloe7ry7kz.jpg

Got a bit of RNG, and made it work on the second try. Went back in and went 0/3 last night on trying to recreate my luck.
  • fbggji1kvcit.jpg
    Completed with this team, but it took more attempts than I would advocate for. I kept going for the last crate.
    cbcarst4bzdn.jpg
    The caveats are an R4 Vader and the unique zeta on Piett (no idea if this zeta helped). I can't argue it's worth it, but it is able to be completed with 2 characters below gear 12.
  • I know you can do it with teams like that and still lack in relics, but I have a fairly shallow roster at only 1.8 mil gp and I don't have a relic vader. My relics are all galactic republic, so i guess my roster just isnt optimized for this type of event.
  • I hear you, and you're likely correct about your roster not being optimized for this GC. I used my R4 Padme team for the full clear and undersized feats, but without your Empire team completing its feat, you will not be able to earn the highest crate from the golden tickets, and you will miss out on rewards in this new system. I also think this new system is a detriment for earning the mod slicing mats for people who were able to previously earn them.
  • I find the event WAY over powered right now.

Seriously Tier 5 is wrecking Relic-5 characters & lets not even talk about T6.

Doing something wrong, I waS able to complete it with this basically terrible squad. l5f289cwpqfe.png
  • If the events can run in parallel we could have an infinite amount of GCs running each week.
  • That would be awesome...then we receive one super duper ginormous prize box we open once a year!!
  • I just realized one annoying detail with the reward crate, if you’re maxed out on mod inventory you can’t collect the rest of the rewards either :(
  • I just realized one annoying detail with the reward crate, if you’re maxed out on mod inventory you can’t collect the rest of the rewards either :(

I hope that changes, is it a bug? or deliberate? as no other event prevents you claiming the other rewards because your mod inventory is full. I admit those blue health mods that are the most common rewards elsewhere are often just left in the inbox until they expire
  • It’s probably not a bug. The rewards are sent out as a message which can’t be claimed if your mod inventory is full. When you get a reward as part of an event otherwise you get the rewards directly upon completion and “surplus” mods are sent to your message box, but this works like raid rewards but since you don’t get mods in raids it hasn’t been an issue before.
  • The mods you get from the loot box don't actually show you what you've recieved before claiming. Apparently i have to go into my inventory and try to stumble on the new mods?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Problem 1: sell some mods
    Problem 2: don't leave level 1 mods lying around in your inventory
  • Of course there’s the work around to not have mods in your inventory, but if you want to keep all those purple mods that can roll the final speed to be a great mod while waiting to get the slicing material the inventory limit sneaks up on you. Not the end of the world, but the change they implemented made it a bit less user friendly from QoL perspective.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    lolz at anyone complaining about getting the same rewards on a monday instead of a friday, and especially now that the compensation is 2x rewards.

Double? Waat? Double the mk4 stun guns? Woooo

I know you ignore mods but I'm loving the new rewards because my roster is even faster now.

I forgot all about the mod crunch happening....o could’ve sworn that the big elephant in the room was a several layered gear crunch but maybe that’s just me

Yep I was right you ignore mods, and I think I know why.

Lol

Still, even with the notes after your post, this issue is worth bringing attention to.

The workaround and wish list:
    -Player sells current mods for space to claim prize box
    -CG implements QoL update that allows players to manage materials in inbox (such as selling mods or claiming items independently)

Thanks for the heads up! I just spent two hours on mod management this weekend, or it would would have been me too. This game is like a volunteer gig for me at times...
  • In reference too all the screen shots........I don't have an eternal-taunting, ever-rezzing Shore Trooper to anchor my team around.

All my Empire:
    y3ij2irjzfbl.png

Some Relics:
    3n9inhx14qhr.png

Its disturbing to not even be able to complete the "Recommended" level, let alone the higher levels by switching over the another team like SE or GR with 4/5 R5 chars.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    In reference too all the screen shots........I don't have an eternal-taunting, ever-rezzing Shore Trooper to anchor my team around.

All my Empire:
    y3ij2irjzfbl.png

Some Relics:
    3n9inhx14qhr.png

Its disturbing to not even be able to complete the "Recommended" level, let alone the higher levels by switching over the another team like SE or GR with 4/5 R5 chars.

My empire is fairly under developed (save a r13 Vader) and I managed to complete rank4? With Vader, Palp, Thrawn, DT and Tarkin
  • This entire game mode is sort of trash anyway. Not sure it can be improved much. Personally, the rewards are pretty unremarkable so I don't mind waiting.
  • Yeah, I got 4 too, Recommended was 5 & it all started falling apart there, and 6+ was undoable with even my best teams which normally can crush through to the end.
  • Why did the devs think that changing the way we recieve the rewards from galactic challenges was a good idea? Now we have to wait for the rewards until the event is over rather than when we complete each tier like other normal events.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    They just moved the PO for prizes from Friday to Sunday - it’s no big deal
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Coolnessda wrote: »
    Why did the devs think that changing the way we recieve the rewards from galactic challenges was a good idea? Now we have to wait for the rewards until the event is over rather than when we complete each tier like other normal events.

And?
  • Ultra wrote: »

But why change them at all? What is the purpose behind it? Is it that big of a deal? Probably not. But that means ignoring the real question.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

But why change them at all? What is the purpose behind it? Is it that big of a deal? Probably not. But that means ignoring the real question.

Because of the keycard / SIM system. They can't do an instant payout without addressing other issues that would come with that
  • So it’s official. Every other GC event will be a thumbs up alternating with the middle finger.
  • So it’s official. Every other GC event will be a thumbs up alternating with the middle finger.

Okay, if that's the way you want to see it.

But you still get 1 thumbs up every week so you aren't getting fewer rewards than you were before they started this new regime. You're just getting fewer rewards than the whales.

And when has that not been true?