Debuffs getting removed at the beginning of turns.

Powda
525 posts Member
Since I've started actually looking for it, I am noticing this more.
  • Characters that are stunned imediately remove their stun at the beginning of their turn and have a normal turn.
  • Characters that have Ability Lock are having the ability lock clear at the beginning of their turn and using special abilities.

FTR, I am paying attention to the characters prior to their turns and watching their turn meters. The debuffs are lifting DURING (or immediately before) their turn, not after.

Replies

• Kaib
    74 posts Member
    Options
    Same - probably at least once every few days a character that has ability block has it go away when their turn hits. Daka, GS, 86, and Lumi have all done it to me.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Must be an occasional bug I run a stun team and have not noticed it. Even went back to watch some videos
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Sounds like you're observing Dooku. Applying stun and/or ability block via his counter attacks upon Jedi.

1-round duration debuffs immediately expire if applied via counter attack since the attacking character's turn doesn't end until after the counter attacks have occurred.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku? This has happened on several chars with several different debuffs. Definitely more than just Dooku and it happened again today. Chewie started his turn with ability block, then taunted on that same turn.

When you're trying to do something other than the meta speed ball / crit team, it's really frustrating when the mechanics of the game won't let you.
  • SinnerWill
    370 posts Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ok, FOST has a 1-round slow and a counter-attack. Falls off.

Aayla has a 1-round stun (on crit) and counter-attack.

Fives has a 2-round slow debuff on his basic which he can apply from a counter-attack. The debuff won't immediately fall-off, but it only lasts for 1 round when applied as a counter since the first round expires at the end of the attacking character's turn (which happens to be after the counter-attack and/or debuff are applied).

Other characters that have single-round duration debuffs attached to their basic can be applied via Yoda replicating an enemy's Retribution if they don't have an innate counter-attacking capability.

Anyways, ANY 1-round duration debuff will immediately fall off if applied via a counter-attack.

As for your situation with Chewie, I'd have to ask for pics and/or vid. But it's possible that someone may have "cleansed" the ability block debuff prior to his turn. Ackbar, Lobot, Rex, Ewok Elder, and Barriss (if teammates are Jedi) are all capable of removing debuffs, and happen to likely take their turn ahead of Chewie.

If you can't submit a pic or vid, you could give a lot of details (your line-up, their line-up, and a play-by-play of character turns/actions leading up to what you believe to be the bug -specifically, whom on your team was the source of applying the ability block, when he did it, and every character turn + action leading up to Chewie's round) and I could try to help make sense of it for you or possibly reinforce your assessment that it truly is the result of a bug.

Either way, I've never seen debuffs disappear for no reason after fully understanding the mechanics.