Kit Reveal: The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor)

Replies

• Options
    An I the only one who thinks his basic is stupid??? Jeez if there is a way to screw up CG will find it
  • Options
    The "ignores taunt and stealth" aspect of his kit is intriguing. Assuming that, as @Ultra said, his base stats are good enough, he could potentially one-shot any toon regardless of their current status other than Mon Mothma (because she can't be targeted) and probably GLs. I can see him plugging in nicely with Rey so he survives while building stacks of whistling birds.
  • Options
    2% TM whenever an enemy takes damage? Ok, so if an enemy attacks your allied greef karga, he counters (and deals damage twice) which calls an assist from IG-11 (who also deals damage twice) so you gain 8% TM right there. That’s fairly significant. Not quite the TM that a Rex lead would give when you’re attacked, but considering each AoE that you use will give up to 10% TM (in most cases), and all of the DoTs that IG-11 throws around will also supply TM, this should get a pretty good TM train rolling. Now, it was recently changed so that true damage doesn’t trigger deathmark... does it count as doing damage for purposes of Beskar Mando’s lead, though? Because whether his singing birds will be making your whole party gain 30% TM will definitely make a difference in his effectiveness.
  • Options
    This has more synergies with zNute, Wat, Jango, and Chewbacca than most other characters. Once it gets going, there would be a massive Tm train there.
  • Options
    How are people excited about this.... IMO(which doesn’t matter), this is a dumpster fire of a toon, and now there is about zero chance in the next year they finish LS BH’s and it pulls toons from other very good teams....

Knife attack,,, what???
    No thermal detonators???
    Whistling birds targets one person???

Zero use in the new raid???

I’m not sure what they were going for here but most of you seem excited by this.
  • Options
    Just about the time I get Mando up to 7 stars they come out with this.............. please, tell me where in need to send my weekly paychecks to?
  • mariogsh
    786 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Foxer2373 wrote: »
    How are people excited about this.... IMO(which doesn’t matter), this is a dumpster fire of a toon, and now there is about zero chance in the next year they finish LS BH’s and it pulls toons from other very good teams....

Knife attack,,, what???
    No thermal detonators???
    Whistling birds targets one person???

Zero use in the new raid???

I’m not sure what they were going for here but most of you seem excited by this.

Knife attack... agree with you
    Hmmm, why thermal detonators are important here?
    In which part of the kit does it says Whistling birds only targets one person? The true damage part is the only one which only target one person, so I still see no problem here
    How can you know he has zero use in the new raid if you haven't tested it yet?

Complains, complains, at least have a good reason for them lol
  • BANDITRUNNER
    3 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Wheres his jetpack?
    No bounty hunter tag? WTH?
    Knife attack basic? again, WTH?
    No mandalorian tag? smh

Mando uses his blaster so not sure why a knife? also thermal detonators.
    missing jetpack and BH tag has me bummed. was about to drop real coin on the reqs to get but no BH tag is a solid no for me.

looks good but you fell short on this one.

• Options
    For the whistling birds, is it capped at killing 2 enemies or is it potential to kill a whole squad?
    Assuming you timed it right and everyone was in red, you use it and it kills the target, than the next, does it stop there even if there is still stacks remaining or does it keep moving to the next weakest?
  • Options
    Unless I am missing something on the bird attack, this is underwhelming for a Thrawn-level character.
  • Options
    Doesn't seem worth a panic farm or is it just me?
  • Options
    Just came back to the game, dumb question. How you get this kit? I have mandalorian
  • Options
    Okay but why not use his actual name for the kit?
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Leader: (ZETA) SEASONED TACTICS

FINAL TEXT: For each Scoundrel ally at the start of battle, Scoundrel allies gain 5% Max Health, Max Protection, and Offense.

Whenever an enemy takes damage, Scoundrel allies gain 2% Turn Meter.

Seems like a level 1 ability rather than a zeta

Agreed. The rest of the kit seems solid enough (although, rather unspectacular) but the leadership ability....it might be one of the weaker Zeta leads I've seen. And I have a a zeta on QGJ's leadership.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Whistling Birds last until Swift Takedown is used or until The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) is defeated.
    Huh? Why would a buff persist on a character after the character is defeated?

Hmm... no revive ability, no BH tag. Huh.
  • Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    An I the only one who thinks his basic is stupid??? Jeez if there is a way to screw up CG will find it

tbh his leader seems meh
  • Options
    Leaves the door open for a Din Djarin GL one day — complete with a jet pack (& non-knife basic). Looks like a fun Legendary to use in the meantime. Tanky squad with Mission, Zaalbar, IG-11, & Kuiil.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »

Leader: (ZETA) SEASONED TACTICS

FINAL TEXT: For each Scoundrel ally at the start of battle, Scoundrel allies gain 5% Max Health, Max Protection, and Offense.

Whenever an enemy takes damage, Scoundrel allies gain 2% Turn Meter.

Seems like a level 1 ability rather than a zeta

Agreed. The rest of the kit seems solid enough (although, rather unspectacular) but the leadership ability....it might be one of the weaker Zeta leads I've seen. And I have a a zeta on QGJ's leadership.

I think it's deceptively strong. If you can bring a lot of damage sources, the tm train will be no joke. Multiattacks, multiple damage, assists, dots, TDs, AoE, that all will feed it, and there's no shortage of those among scoundrels. It would probably be nuts at more than 2%.
  • Options
    This Mando with Kuill, IG-11 already will be stupidly tanky. Then you can either toss in Mission and Zaalbar, or be a lil extra scummy and use Nest and Canderous.

Or be hilarious and use Qi'ra and Vandor Chewie.

Either way, Scoundrels just became one of the most defense-heavy teams out there.
  • Options
    1wwdz99rrsja.jpg

potcvjpd11mn.jpg

Both of these are in the developer insight. All bounty hunters are scoundrels so he could be put in a BH team, he just wouldn't be getting a contract or helping towards one. The kit isn't whale over imo but its decent and can make alot of different team comps cause of the scoundrel synergy

• Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    on first glance it seems to be a fair kit, interesting but not op. People keep forgetting that just because we have some broken characters (I.e gl kylo, malak) you don't have to compare everything to them. the requirements are steep tho (hard to 7 Star from nothing)
    not having Bounty Hunter tag surprises me as the previous version of mando had it? probably because balancing (imagine the combo with certain bh characters)

As every BH is a Scoundrel too you don't have any problems to make them work in a Scoundrel party. And Devs focussed not only on balancing but lore too as many people ask for so there's that.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Options
    reading this kit makes me feel so satifised and happy. I really think they should make a Mandalorian tag.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Fredeuz wrote: »
    reading this kit makes me feel so satifised and happy. I really think they should make a Mandalorian tag.

We are getting the Armorer, there's no way she isn't getting the tag. Besides, she's the one to tie the faction together - it doesn't matter whether you are Rebel or Imperial, recent or ancient, having a skilled beskar-smith on your team is something you want.
  • Options
    After so much hyped kits turning dud, I won't be surprised if this one is reverse...given how rich a faction scoundrels are. They made a @Clash2Far toy.
  • Options
    Aquarii wrote: »
    Just came back to the game, dumb question. How you get this kit? I have mandalorian
    @Aquarii
    This is not a "kit" you can equip Mando with, it's a new character.
    To unlock him you will need 5 other characters at 7 stars :
    - The Mandalorian
    - Kuiil
    - IG-11
    - Greef Karga
    - Cara Dune

• TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    can you guys please add this version of obi wan kenobi please

What thread do you think you are in.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH