Kit Reveal: The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor)

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Doesn't seem worth a panic farm or is it just me?

Good thing it doesn't require one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    KKatarn wrote: »
    Okay but why not use his actual name for the kit?

Literally unnameable.
  • Beskar Mando
    IG-11
    Kuill
    Canderous
    X (Zaalbar or maybe an ability block char to stop an enemy cleanser)
    Sounds like an interesting team.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • How do I get this?
  • I’m currently level 75 and most of the journey guide prerequisites need level 85, and I am wondering if this event will be like emperors demise and grandmasters training where it is available earlier?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Gotta agree though with what people previously said:
    - knife attack on basic is lame, I want him to SHOOT stuff
    - no jetpack (jetpack attack where he jumps into the air like Rex's aerial advantage or Boba's AoE would've been cool)

Also I feel like he should've either been an attacker with a unique buffing up his defensive stats or straight up getting the tank tag (and maybe the unique on top) and then have a taunt ability to take advantage of his new indestructible beskar armor.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Budgernaut
    118 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I understand why he didn't get the Bounty Hunter tag, but I am still extremely disappointed. Had I known, I don't think I would have tried so hard to have Cara, Kuiil, and IG-11 geared up.

I can't agree with the sentiment that since Bounty Hunters are scoundrels they still work with his kit because getting contracts fulfilled is huge and every character not contributing slows that down too much.

Aside: It's kind of funny, though - bounty hunters should be the characters you just add one at a time to existing squads for specific counters (since they can be hired), but instead they are more of a closed faction with the contract/payout mechanic.
  • 1: Beskar Mando isn’t a bounty hunter, why would get the tag? (Said from a player heavily invested in the BH faction)

2: Dev insights pretty clearly hint at another version down the line.
  • I like this kit. At first, I didn't like the knife attack. Just because of the graphic. The more I look at this with IG-11 and Kuiil the more I like it. Then you look at scoundrels that counter under the leadership and it could be very good.

They stopped adding turn meter gain to a lot of leadership kits because of the turn meter train. “Whenever an enemy takes damage, Scoundrel allies gain 2% Turn Meter.” So if you have Nest or L3-37 counter attack and IG-11 assists, you gain 4% turn meter. Nest AoE gains 2% to 10% turn meter. IG-11’s AoE can even gain more turn meter “Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Tenacity Down for 2 turns. Enemies with Shock or Damage Over Time are dealt Physical damage a second time. IG-11 Taunts for 2 turns.” The more Shock and Damage Over Time the more attacks, so the basic attack by Beskar Mando starts to make more sense. All these counters help the stacks of Whistling Birds as the disciplined set up states ”he gains 1 stack of Whistling Birds whenever an enemy takes damage”.

The one other thing that jumps out at me on swift take down “This attack can't be countered or evaded, and enemies defeated by this ability can't be revived.” This is huge against some teams that revive but also if Mando keeps gaining max stats through counters.

Mando has both turn meter gain and removal. Wonder of the force has 20% Turn Meter removal from all enemies, which can't be evaded and he has high potency from his unique. On top of that it is a mass dispel of all debuffs. Yes the cooldown start at the start of battle but it can cooldown faster because of his unique.

The leadership can be great even outside of the turn meter gain. It works with light side and dark side. With some of the character I mentioned the health bonus on the leadership can be huge. IG-11 has the highest health of a non-GL. IG-11 gains Max Protection equal to 20% of his Max Health unless Kuiil is present then it is 40%. Nest gets 40% Bonus Protection when attacked based on max health. If L3-37 is Prepared, she gains +10% Max Health on the basic, this includes counter attacks. If Kuill is in the team at the start of battle, other Scoundrel and Droid allies gain 40% of Kuiil's Max Health, Offense and Potency. This team will be THICK. I have spoken special can heal them up and give them another turn meter boost. “All allies recover Health and Protection equal to 20% of Kuiil's Max Health and Max Protection, doubled for Scoundrel and Droid allies. Scoundrel allies gain 25% Turn Meter. Scoundrel and Light Side Droid allies gain Mechanic's Savvy for 2 turns which can't be copied.”

People are looking and Beskar Mando by himself, think about the teams that work off this kit.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Yoda_66 wrote: »
    I’m currently level 75 and most of the journey guide prerequisites need level 85, and I am wondering if this event will be like emperors demise and grandmasters training where it is available earlier?

The good thing is he's being added to Journey Guide immediately, so assuming you have the characters, you can get this when you hit level 85. I'd honestly be a little surprised if you can get all the requirements to 7* g10 before hitting level 85.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    For the whistling birds, is it capped at killing 2 enemies or is it potential to kill a whole squad?
    Assuming you timed it right and everyone was in red, you use it and it kills the target, than the next, does it stop there even if there is still stacks remaining or does it keep moving to the next weakest?

The special does AoE damage first before doing the whistling birds thing. So if they were all in the red anyway, there's a chance to take them all out anyway. As for the bonus damage, I read it as max of two enemies.
  • mesa176750
    663 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    lol, people thinking his kit is underwhelming are about to get a jaw drop when the mando TM train kicks in gear.
    • Mando lead: scoundrels gain 2% tm when an enemy takes damage (from any source, be it attacks, dots, thermal detonators... whatever source of damage)
    • AOE attacks: Easy way to give ~10% tm to the entire team.
    • BAM (Beskar Armor Mando): Whistling birds dealing damage up to 20 times, with a minimum of 5 times.
    • Canderous: Gains 8% tm when an attack damages an enemy with a dot+triple tap basic+AOE
    • Missbar: Mission assists when Zaalbar attacks, plus Zaalbar has a reliable taunt+retribution and an AOE.
    • Chewbacca: Deals damage twice, once physical and once based on max health for every ability he uses, plus he has an AOE and assists on guarded allies.
    • Cara Dune: AOE that removes 50% TM that can be used every other turn.
    • etc. etc. (Scoundrels is a huge faction after all, plenty more interactions I'm not mentioning here)

Then on top of all that, mando has the ability to "protect" a scoundrel when they fall below 75% health and equalize all their protection and remove TM ALL from a bonus turn.

Sure sounds "underwhelming" to me guys.

• Sebek wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    lol, people thinking his kit is underwhelming are about to get a jaw drop when the mando TM train kicks in gear.
    • Mando lead: scoundrels gain 2% tm when an enemy takes damage (from any source, be it attacks, dots, thermal detonators... whatever source of damage)
    • BAM (Beskar Armor Mando): Whistling birds dealing damage up to 20 times, with a minimum of 5 times.
    • Canderous: Gains 8% tm when an attack damages an enemy with a dot+triple tap basic+AOE
    • Missbar: Mission assists when Zaalbar attacks, plus Zaalbar has a reliable taunt+retribution and an AOE.
    • Chewbacca: Deals damage twice, once physical and once based on max health for every ability he uses, plus he has an AOE and assists on guarded allies.
    • etc. etc. (Scoundrels is a huge faction after all, plenty more interactions I'm not mentioning here)

Then on top of all that, mando has the ability to "protect" a scoundrel when they fall below 75% health and equalize all their protection and remove TM ALL from a bonus turn.

Plus his Whistling Birds can do 25 attacks(AOE + Max Stacks of them) which is 50% Turn Meter. Completely agree

I read mando's kit as: first remove 1 stack of whistling birds for every enemy on the field to deal an aoe attack, then use the leftover stacks on the target enemy, overflowing to the weakest enemy if the target enemy dies. So I think max of 20 instances of damage.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Sebek wrote: »

Plus his Whistling Birds can do 25 attacks(AOE + Max Stacks of them) which is 50% Turn Meter. Completely agree

I read mando's kit as: first remove 1 stack of whistling birds for every enemy on the field to deal an aoe attack, then use the leftover stacks on the target enemy, overflowing to the weakest enemy if the target enemy dies. So I think max of 20 instances of damage.

This. He could never do 25, since if he damaged 5 with the AoE, he has only 15 stacks left.

I'm wondering how well Canderous will work out. Can deal damage 3 times on basic and lay down dots each time. That's 6% to everybody plus he gives himself 24% from his unique, then there's more dots to feed tm when they take a turn. Though there are maybe better characters overall. Though I guess it depends on whether Mandalorian tag really is coming and if Canderous gets it.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Is there a way to actually loop it or is 2% per damage too low? It sounds like it could be possible with expert modding for turn order, Chewie's guard and so on, but I'm no theorycrafter...
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Will "The Child" ;) only be visible for that 1 ability? or will he stick around for the whole battle?

just like in the animation, only seen during the use of that ability.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Is there a way to actually loop it or is 2% per damage too low? It sounds like it could be possible with expert modding for turn order, Chewie's guard and so on, but I'm no theorycrafter...

hopefully not...I wouldn't want to see him changed.

2%seems low, so we should be ok, or at least the setup will be difficult or preventable which would mean they will not change things if someone figures this out.
  • Mando: "I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in co-"
    CG: "No BH tag"

Mando:"Ah, uhm, well, VODE A-"
    CG: "No mandalorian tag"

Mando:"eeh, at least I have my blaste--"
    CG: "Here's a knife"

Mando:"Stop touching things."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KorAgaz wrote: »
    Mando: "I can bring you in warm, or I can bring you in co-"
    CG: "No BH tag"

Mando:"Ah, uhm, well, VODE A-"
    CG: "No mandalorian tag"

Mando:"eeh, at least I have my blaste--"
    CG: "Here's a knife"

Mando:"Stop touching things."

First, Mando in beskar is no longer bounty hunting. so until that changes, correct hes not a bounty hunter.

if they give him the blaster we will just hear about how its a reskin of "The Mandalorian", the other version who uses the blaster.....so its ok that he uses different weapons, since in the show he does that too.

the Mandalorian tag, at this point seems inevitable, but who wants to wait, i get that.
  • I can see a lot of different scoundrels working with this guy. Any of the Hans seem like they would work (though I’d personally like to see someone put young Han or Captain Han on the team), L3, either of the two Landos, even Gamorrean Guard.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited December 2020
    HKFactory wrote: »
    I can see a lot of different scoundrels working with this guy. Any of the Hans seem like they would work (though I’d personally like to see someone put young Han or Captain Han on the team), L3, either of the two Landos, even Gamorrean Guard.

I can see that, if you want a power team and don't mind breaking up other viable teams, Han and chewie can do it.

But his lead and his skills are good enough to make a new team with lesser used toons, so that is likely to be where he lands for most players.
  • Awesome kit, maybe I’m just being pedantic but do the whistling birds not shoot out of his right arm?
  • If whistling birds kills off the last enemy, who gets targeted by the remaining birds?
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Smidday wrote: »
    Awesome kit, maybe I’m just being pedantic but do the whistling birds not shoot out of his right arm?

Pretty sure its left on the show.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    If whistling birds kills off the last enemy, who gets targeted by the remaining birds?

Your own side.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Smidday wrote: »
    Awesome kit, maybe I’m just being pedantic but do the whistling birds not shoot out of his right arm?

toweybmd8h4o.gif

left arm on the show and in the game.
    0dt0rbjcgras.gif

• ZaxaFett
    17 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    X
  • 08ogyc8j5h8q.png

This is the way.