How do you get more dmg?

Zvezda
56 posts Member
edited December 2020
So my kylo is R7 full set offense and 1 health set. All mods have plenty off on secondaries with over 800 offense. And yeah I have 6dot mods, with offense on cros and squar. So my total dmg is 11691 ...
While some guy in arena has almost no offense on secondaries and he has almost 12400 How come??
Any help.please?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• What about the arrow?
  • You need high percent offence since his base is so high. Also, over 800 offence secondaries?? But it’s about percentage
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Look at their other mods. What primaries do they have on triangle and arrow?

Also, if you're critting a lot, offense isn't necessarily the be-all-end all of damage. Unless you have multiple in-game crit damage bonuses, you can get more damage with a crit damage set and triangle even though the offense stat is lower. Kylo already gives +50% crit damage, so if he's siphoning crit damage as well the offense set might work for him. I'm almost sure the crit damage triangle is better though.

But again, I would consider offense arrow if you're wanting to maximize damage.
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    An R7 Kylo has 8282 base offense according to swgoh.gg. You have your 15% set and 17% from primaries, so 8282*1.32 = 10932.24. So to get to 11,691 that's almost 800, which mostly tracks with your statement of "over 800" from secondaries.

With an offense triangle and arrow, 8282*1.49 = 12,340.18 with no secondaries. That is assuredly where the extra offense is coming from. You can reach that amount with only swapping out the arrow with the secondaries you have.

Since Kylo has crit damage as part of mastery in addition to the 50% lead, I'd have to run the math on whether you'd rather have crit damage or offense (either for triangle or set). Usually the more offense from mods you have, the more it diminishes the value of the offense set. So I'd have to do the numbers with what you have specifically. But in any case, you almost always want at least the triangle to be crit damage.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You're using a speed primary arrow and a crit dmg primary triangle. Is that it?
  • Waqui wrote: »
    You're using a speed primary arrow and a crit dmg primary triangle. Is that it?

Xactly!
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    An R7 Kylo has 8282 base offense according to swgoh.gg. You have your 15% set and 17% from primaries, so 8282*1.32 = 10932.24. So to get to 11,691 that's almost 800, which mostly tracks with your statement of "over 800" from secondaries.

With an offense triangle and arrow, 8282*1.49 = 12,340.18 with no secondaries. That is assuredly where the extra offense is coming from. You can reach that amount with only swapping out the arrow with the secondaries you have.

Since Kylo has crit damage as part of mastery in addition to the 50% lead, I'd have to run the math on whether you'd rather have crit damage or offense (either for triangle or set). Usually the more offense from mods you have, the more it diminishes the value of the offense set. So I'd have to do the numbers with what you have specifically. But in any case, you almost always want at least the triangle to be crit damage.

The triangle ia crit dmg ... and how come ... the more offense from mods dim. the value of offense set?! I don't get it ?
  • Antario wrote: »
    What about the arrow?

Speed. But I changed it to 8.5 %offense and is getting worse not better. Because my speed arrow has 170 offense on secondaries
  • Doni12 wrote: »
    You need high percent offence since his base is so high. Also, over 800 offence secondaries?? But it’s about percentage

Cross and square have 8.5%offense primary, arrow speed, triangle 42%crit dmg, circle 16%health and diamond defense of course.
    On the secondaries I sum up from all the mods over 800 offense besides speed and some health and other sruff .
    But that is what I am asking ... so much offense on mods and so dissapointing overall dmg( 11691) and that was comparibt to others who have low offense stats on their secondaries and get over 12k dmg ... ?!?!
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Zvezda wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »
    What about the arrow?

Speed. But I changed it to 8.5 %offense and is getting worse not better. Because my speed arrow has 170 offense on secondaries

Are you sure you don't also have a high offense% secondary on that arrow as well? 8.5% of an R7 Kylo should be about 700.

As for your other question, the offense set bonus only multiples against base offense without bonuses from mods, whereas your crit damage will multiply against your total offense. So you get diminishing returns on an offense set the more offense you add. However, there's a similar thing that happens when you add crit damage in game: If your characters can add enough bonuses to crit damage, +0.30 would be a relatively smaller amount and you would then benefit more from the offense set.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited December 2020
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Is this you? https://swgoh.gg/p/754187187/characters/supreme-leader-kylo-ren

It looks like it from the numbers you've been giving.

Is the reason your offense dropped changing the arrow because you maybe broke your offense set? If you don't have an offense set arrow with offense primary, you can change the square or cross. You could slice the cross that's on Finn and use that.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Is the reason your offense dropped changing the arrow because you maybe broke your offense set? If you don't have an offense set arrow with offense primary, you can change the square or cross. You could slice the cross that's on Finn and use that.

Yep is me. And the arrow is offense with speed primary ... should I change it to offense primary?
  • crzydroid
    7283 posts Moderator
    Zvezda wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Yep is me. And the arrow is offense with speed primary ... should I change it to offense primary?

Yes, if you want to boost offense. The offense primary will get you more, but you'll need to swap out one of your health mods to keep the offense set, unless you have an unequipped offense arrow with offense primary I can't see. The cross you have on Finn should get you +1 offense if you slice it. You could slice the arrow that's on Sabine if you want to keep your health set and don't have another unequipped one.