Returning from 3 year hiatus

Needing help with narrowing the focus of my efforts after returning from a long lay off. Quick background...I joined and started playing very shortly after the game was released. Played regularly in a very competitive shard for years and at peak could stay in top 50 Squad Arena. Never focussed much on ships or mods. Quit playing when CLS and rebels were the Meta and Level XII was the highest possible upgrade, (maybe 3 years ago?).

Since returning I have gotten CLS to Gear XIII and Relic 4 simply because that was the easiest/closest toon to get to that level. Have since gotten EP and Vader to Gear XII. Not sure really where I want to or should go at this point. I know I need to work on ships, but have never really understood how to be good with them. I would like to work toward some of the upper level toons, but need some guidance on who/what to focus on first. I have almost 5500 crystals saved up and am not sure how best to use those either.

I realize in a very early/competitive shard that I will likely not be competitive in Squad Arena for awhile, but would hope to crack top 200 before too long to help with crystal production. So any help with a current and future team to work toward that would be appreciated as well.

My swgoh.gg link is: https://swgoh.gg/p/739199192/

Thanks for any input!

Replies

• Tip 1) Synergy. Empire + Rebels = idk what ur thinking.

Tip 2) Get Tarkin and BSF/Piett to 7* g12 and you have a good team

Tip 3) Go for a CLS / Padme team

3a) Padme -- Get Geos to 7* and get Padme. You already have the rest of the team (GK, JKA, Ahsoka, GMY) so you can gear + relic them.

3b) CLS -- Get your Boba, Dengar, IG and Greedo/Cad geared and get 7* Bossk and gear him well. Do Chewie's event - get good advice on Chewie's event at the Hunter's Cantina Discord Server -- https://discord.gg/gfmGK445D6. Then get Chewpio 7* and gear them to 7*. Add R2 until you get 3po. 3po needs ewoks. Ideal ewok team = Chirpa L, Wicket, Logray, Paploo, Ewok Elder. For tips, go to SWGOH events and the #C-3PO channel -- https://discord.gg/g2aDCZCun3.

Tip 4) Join the Discord Server SWGOH events -- https://discord.gg/g2aDCZCun3.

Tip 5) Make sure the guild you are in does Heroic Raids.

Tip 6) Make sure you don't relic random characters. Only relic important characters.

Tip 7) This is a game. One where you can be f2p or p2p but not where you let us govern your decisions. You must decide yourself what you want to do.

Tip 8) Have a goal. And make sure Tip 7 agrees with it.

Tip 9) Contact when you have made and done something and we can help.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Tip 10) Ask someone else about Ships. Ik that Geos is good for starters and Hounds Tooth is the best plug & play ship, but not much else. So I recommend @MasterSeedy. He's great with this stuff.
  • I like @TheChild_eats_eggs1 's basic suggestions.

Sometimes though it can feel hard to take someone's advice because you don't know what to do about it. For that reason, things become a LOT easier when you break things down into plans for separate stores, separate energies, etc. This way you don't throw up your hands when there are 4 priorities. Most of them are going to be separate - like one Cantina energy farm, one or two regular energy farms, etc.

So follow TheChild by setting up several squads that are priorities, then figure out which of those squads is the most important, which 2nd, etc., then look at what individuals belong in those squads, and finally then look at where you can farm them & make sure that where there's more than one coming from the same source, you farm the one you need most first.

First, as pointed out in TCEE1's #1, you need to do well in Arenas. Arena mostly works best with high-synergy factions. There are a few toons that you can bring in as supplements for many teams (Wat Tambor is one, Hermit Yoda is another) and though Raid Han isn't common for plug-&-play, if you're trying to stun lock one or 2 crucial enemies (ones that aren't immune to stun, like Darth Revan, putting Raid Han & Thrawn on the same team can do you a lot of good. So Raid Han can stay on your Arena team for a little bit, but you're going to want to finish that Arena squad with more Empire or Sith. There are a lot of good ones these days, fortunately for you. But as tempting as it is to keep using your one relic toon, if you're staying with Palp as your leader, CLS doesn't have a place in your lineup... and even the stun lock concept isn't going to hold up long term. So you need to replace CLS short term and RH medium term. And you need to build up 2 of the best Empire and/or Sith toons you can get. For right now, your choices are obvious: Tarkin and/or Nihilus. Nihilus can take a while to get going. it's pretty easy to kill him before Annihilate happens, and Tarkin is pretty squishy at g11, but you need one of these in your line up right now. Fortunately Nihilus gets extra TM under a Palp lead and Tarkin generates extra TM under a palp lead (by pumping out debuffs). For the Medium term, that squad needs a tank, and you've already got Shore Trooper to g9.

So your priorities for step one include getting Shore Trooper up to 7* and g12, Nihilus & Tarkin up to g12. Now, if you're staying with Palp as your leader, then Vader should be your next relic toon. Get him to g13 and then take him to relic5. With his MM zeta and the number of debuffs you'll be pumping out, you should be able to kill a lot of teams with the rest of your Arena squad just there to assist Vader.

#2 from TCEE1's list is already necessary for step 1, so we're good here.

#3 TCEE1 is trying to tell you two different things here. First that you need to shore up your light side toons. Second that Rebels & Galactic Republic are great teams for doing that. Both are true, but you also have a light side team that is currently undervalued: You're going to have to gear up your JTR/resistance squad.

This creates multiple priorities which we'll have to later decide to put in an order. But for right now, this means:
    • Finish JTR/Resistance (Requires gear only)
    • Finish an Ewok team for Threepio (Requires Logray, Paploo + gear)
    • Finish a Bounty Hunter team for Chewbacca (requires gear)
    • Finish a Separatist team for Padmé (Geonosians are Separatists, and they're easy to get, so this means probably Geos, but it doesn't have to be Geos) (requires Spy, Poggle & Brood Alpha + gear)
    • Finish a Galactic Republic squad to serve under Padmé (requires Padmé, whom you're about to get for free once you have your Separatist Geos, + gear)

That sounds like a lot (and it is) but it's possible to sort that out & figure out which comes first, 2nd, etc.

Now, TCEE1's next steps are all things you do as a player & you don't have to wait on the game. If you need help on something, you can let us know, though. Like the guild. If you need help figuring out a good guild for yourself, people here can help you.

Then, TCEE1's last step is fleet. This is important. It's literally as important if not more important than Squad Arena. Why? Because it's simply easier to take 1st in Fleet Arena, so you can increase your crystal income faster with a serious effort at fleet than you can with a serious effort in Squad.

There are only 2 fleet types that are worthwhile on both defense and offense. Those are Negotiator w/ Galactic Republic and Malevolence w/ Separatists. Of the two, Mal is worse on defense, but also doesn't need to be maxed out with relic pilots to get the job done on offense. So Mal is going to be the easier one to get.

There are also 2 fleet types that are worthwhile on Offense, but not defense. Those are Ackbar's Rebel fleet and Hux's First Order fleet. Unfortunately, as long as it takes to get a Malevolence fleet up and running, with your particular combination of ships & pilots, it will take longer to get those two fleets up and running.

So what you need is a high-synergy fleet for the medium term that goes well with your long-term goal of getting the Malevolence and a Separatist fleet.

Fortunately for you, the Geos have really tight synergy even without the Malevolence acting as Capital Ship. So you can build up your Geos as your medium term fleet under a different commander, then move them over to running under Malevolence as soon as that is available to you. The best temporary commander for Geos until you have Mal is probably Tarkin and his Executrix (though Thrawn + Chimera isn't bad).

So taking a look at your list of things to do, the Geonosians come up repeatedly. They're going to serve a number of roles for you, medium term Fleet, long term Fleet, and get Padmé for you. Not only that, but once we start thinking about Geos, we realize that there is an extremely important special mission in dark side Geo TB to get Wat Tambor shards. Wat is a crucial character and the only way to get him is through that special mission. That special mission requires Geonosians.

So with so many different reasons to get them, it looks like Geos should be your top priority.

Also note that Tarkin has an optional role in your Squad Arena and a just-barely-short-of-necessary role in Fleet Arena as the preferred (though technically not essential) Fleet Commander. So Tarkin has multiple priority roles in your to-do list. That means that of the characters Tarkin, Nihilus & Shore Trooper that you could give gear to for Squad Arena, only one has uses outside of Squad... which means that of those three, you'll want to give gear to Tarkin before the others.

Keeping with this sort of logic, we can build up priorities for different resources. Without taking into account your own priorities and what is going to make the game fun for you (you should do that, of course, but I can't know those things), an example shopping plan for you to modify would look something like this:

Regular Shipments:
    Buy all 4 lots available for credits every single time. I know they're low-gear and plentiful, but you'll need them to scavenge into relic materials.

Cantina Battles Store:
    • Old Daka to 7*
    • Pao to 7*
    • Cassian's U-Wing Blueprints (to turn into Shard Shop Currency, I know this is at 7*)

Guild Tokens for the guild store get spent on:
    • Gear For Tarkin to g12
    • Gear for Geo Spy to g12
    • Gear for Sun Fac to g11
    • Gear for Geo Soldier to g11
    • Gear for other Geos as needed to g11
    • Paploo (to 7*)
    • Logray (to 7*)
    • Gear for Padmé

Squad Arena Store:
    • Nute Gunray to 7*
    • Capital Ship Prestige Tokens (basically forever)

Galactic War Store:
    • Geo Spy's Starfighter (to 7*)
    • Poggle to 7*
    • All ships to 7*, starting with Resistance X-Wing.
    • ===> Note: you can buy multiple ships simultaneously whatever's available, so long as you keep 2k in the bank to buy Resistance X-Wing when it shows up. RXW is a rare ship, so it's easy to get everything else and still be waiting for RXW blueprints to trickle in. For that reason it's best to focus on RXW, but let other ships' blueprints come in as they will.
    • Any characters you don't have to 6*
    • Ships that you already have at 7* for the Shard Shop Currency
    • Go back to get any characters to 7* that you need only when necessary for a specific purpose. The purpose of getting them to 6* earlier is so that this stage goes as quickly as possible -- if you need the toon, it will only take 4 days or less to finish them.
    • Back to buying ship blueprints for Shard Shop Currency

Fleet Store:
    • General Grievous
    • Rex's ARC-170
    • Poe Dameron's X-Wing
    • ===> All 3 of these are rare. You can farm them simultaneously as long as you keep a minimum of 2k in the bank for your top priority when it shows up.
    • Chirrut Imwe
    • Fulcrum (Ahsoka Tano)
    • Scimitar
    • Gauntlet

Guild Events Store -- GET-1:
    • Hermit Yoda => 7*
    • Wampa => 6*
    • Save up for Malak/General Anakin Skywalker

Guild Events Store -- GET-2:
    • Malevolence => 7*
    • Negotiator => 7*
    • g12 gear

Championship Store
    • G12 Gear ==> buy only from the top row. Everything else you can get more easily elsewhere

Shard Shop:
    • Every Single Mk5 Stun Gun Salvage that comes through.
    • Nothing else until you've saved up 2k currency
    • Only when you have 2k currency in the bank, any g12 gear you need for a character that you trying to take to Relics **right now**. Not just gear for any toon who happens to be g12. Only for those you're trying to relic right now.

• I'll come back & do a sample Energy Farming plan later, when I can.

Well done on that first plan, wish I had known all of that 4 years ago!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

Well done on that first plan, wish I had known all of that 4 years ago!

So do I. Why I love MasterSeedy’s advice.
  • Energy plan (rough):

Cantina Energy

Geo Spy => 7*

Geo Brood Alpha => 7*

Paploo (speed up to 7*)

Signal Data??

Regular Energy

Do 2-3 at once

Bossk => 7*

Wicket => 7*

Hounds Tooth/Jango => 7*

Vulture Droid => 7*

Hyena Bomber 7*

... ... OR? or SE?

Fleet Energy

Nothing rlly needed

OR / Mando + Greef
  • MasterSeedy
    4993 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Okay, remember that we're going for Tarkin/Geos first, but we have some other priorities to help round out your farming. I'm going to add one thing I forgot earlier - your CLS squad. It's implied on here because Threepio & Chewi are on here, but I should have spelled it out. Here we go:
    • Gear up Threepio & Chewbacca + one more Rebel to give you 6 (5 for a CLS team, which usually includes Threepio, but one extra for when Threepio or R2 has to go in another lineup, you already have CLS, Raid Han & R2)
    • Finish a Separatist team for Padmé (Geonosians are Separatists, and they're easy to get, so this means probably Geos, but it doesn't have to be Geos) (requires Spy, Poggle & Brood Alpha + gear)
    • Finish a Galactic Republic squad to serve under Padmé (requires Padmé, whom you're about to get for free once you have your Separatist Geos, + gear)

And we also know that Vader is your current Relic priority (so he gets all your g12 gear) and Tarkin + Geos are your g12 priorities (so they get all your g11 & lower gear). But what actual toons do you need that are currently under 7-stars and aren't on a shopping plan? (In other words, what shards will you need to farm?)

Geonosian Spy
    Geonosian Brood Alpha
    Wicket

Wait, that's it? Yep. That's all you need. Technically you don't even need Wicket, but the event is much easier with Wicket, and you get a couple extra zeta mats per month from the Endor event if you have Wicket at 7*, so you might as well use him.

That said, you should be farming other things. You're going to have to choose a good, long-term farming priority to make the most out of your daily activities. Possibilities include:
    • Jedi Revan
    • Darth Revan
    • Jedi Luke
    • General Skywalker
    • Mon Mothma + Threepio & Chewie
    • Imperial Troopers w/ Piett
    • Mandalorian characters.

Now, the Mando characters to go for Beskar Armor Mando seems to me like it might be the best choice for you right now IF (and only if) you can currently beat the level 5 fleet battles. The toons are all recently released. They're good toons. And you only need them at g10 for the Beskar Mando event, so the payoff isn't quite as far in the future as something like General Skywalker. (If you can't beat those late-stage fleet battles, you might want to go for the Revans & take advantage of double drops on the requirements for the two Revans, as they are all old characters now.)

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Jedi Luke. You need Hermit Yoda & Wampa to both be 7-stars for that event, and you can't hurry them. HY is only available through GET-1 and Wampa is only available through GET-1 + the Galactic Bounties events, which comes about every 50 days & drops 20 shards of Wampa (if you choose Wampa, and if you can finish the event... Wampa is the hardest mission available). In fact, getting your bounty hunters in shape can help you finish the Wampa mission & hurry Jedi Luke along, but if you go JKL first you won't see any benefit for a long, long time.

If you do Mon Mothma & 3PAC, I would recommend you do that at the same time as Imperial Troopers. There simply aren't enough farming priorities to keep you busy if you only add 2 toons to the ones you have above.

Now if you pick General Skywalker, MM/3PAC/Piett or Mando toons, none of those requirements are in Fleet Battles, so I would pick a couple other things for you there as side projects. If you pick one of the Revans, though, whether you're going light side or dark will determine your next farms there.

For right now, let's make up a plan assuming you're going Mando characters, but if you want to do something else, let me know & I'll help with that. The Mando characters can help you get Chewbacca much more easily, so you may want to hold off on gearing up two of your current bounty hunters: IG-88 and Greedo. You'll also be getting two other BH's: Bossk who is absolutely necessary for fleet, and Jango, who is on the same node as Bossk's ship, so is basically free. Bossk & Jango are much better candidates for gear than IG-88 & Greedo even before you factor in how necessary Bossk is for ships.

Final preamble: as we go forward, I'll default to shoring up your ships first when goals get very long term, because ships ou have to think ahead 5 months or more, while characters rarely take that long now that shards have been doubled for most of them. You won't always use every ship right away, but it's better to be waiting on a chance to use it than not have it when you need it.

First, let me say that Kuiil & IG-11 will be dropping bonus shards on EVERY node of Cantina Battles starting tomorrow evening and going through January 6th. So you want as much of your energy refreshes to go to Cantina Battles as possible for the next month. This isn't the normal way to do things. Normally you'll do more refreshes of regular energy, both because they're cheaper and also because you'll be farming more things there. But let's do this, eh?

Mod Energy:
    Whatever. I tend to never farm mods & only farm mod slicing mats. Then once in a while I also buy a gold (only buy gold!) 5-dot mod in the mod store if I have extra cash. (I wouldn't buy using ship credits if I were you. Your ships need too much help right now.) The mod slicing mats barely keep up with the free mods you get from events, which is why you don't want to buy anything less than Gold mods in the store - it saves you slicing mats you don't have.
    That said, which slicing mats you farm is up to you. The strategies are too varied to help you with this. It would depend on a lot of things, including which characters you're trying to mod, which mods slots they have already filled, and what tier the remaining candidate mods have. Never stop farming his, but I can't really help you plan.

Cantina Energy (165 free energy / day):
    • Geo Spy => 7*
    • Geo Brood Alpha => 7*
    • Mission Vao
    • T3-M4
    • Canderous Ordo (Put this in front of Mission Vao if you're doing Darth Revan before Jedi Revan)

Obviously you're doing one at a time. As you finish one, move on to the next.

Regular Energy (375 free energy/ day):
    • Cara Dune (DS: 5-C) (80/ 5 Attempts)
    • Hound's Tooth (ship) + Jango Fett (LS: 8-D) (100/ 5 attempts)
    • Bossk (DS: 9-B) (100/ 5 attempts)
    • Hyena Bomber (DS: 8-B) (100/ 5 attempts)
    • Vulture (ship) (LS: 4-D) (60/ 5 attempts)
    • Wicket (DS: 8-A) (100 energy per 5 attempts)
    • IG-2000 (LS: 6-E) (80/ 5 attempts)
    • Bastila Shan (DS: 5-B) (80/ 5 attempts)
    • Bastila Shan (Fallen) (DS: 7-A) (100 energy per 5 attempts)
    • Xanadu Blood (LS: 8-B) (100/ 5 attempts)

To avoid spending crystals, you're going to do multiple regular energy nodes at the same time. As you finish one, just add another from the bottom to your current farms. If you don't have enough energy left at the end of the day to do 5 full attempts of the next character or ship, go ahead and do however many attempts you can.

Now, normally in addition to the 375 free energy per day I would recommend 2 refreshes, but during the special Kuill/IG-11 event I want you to be spending all your spare crystals on refreshing Cantina energy, not regular energy. In January you can go back to spending your crystals on regular energy refills. With 2 of those per day (for only 100 crystals, you should be able to afford this) you have a 615 energy budget. That means that you'll be getting those first 3 priorities for 280, the next 3 for 260, and then IG-2000 will cost 80 when you only have 75/day left. That's fine. Just buy 4 attempts on the days you can only make 4, and 5 on the days you can make 5.

Fleet Energy (285 free energy/ day)
    • Greef Karga & Rebel Y-Wing (4-C; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Mandalorian (5-E; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Zaalbar (3-C; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Anakin's Eta-2 Starfighter (1-B; 80/ 5 attempts)
    • Bastila Shan (2-D; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Carth Onasi (2-E; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Shaak Ti (5-A; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Enfys Nest (5-D; 100/ 5 attempts)

Again, you're doing zero node refreshes. So with 285 energy/ day, you'll start out with 5 attempts on Greef per day, 5 on Mandalorian per day, and then whatever is leftover on Zaalbar.

If you can't finish Greef's node or The Mandalorian's node yet, that's fine. Just skip them while you continue to make your fleet better (that's already in the plan by improving Bugs & Tarkin). As soon as you can complete those nodes, start incorporating them into your farms.

Again, this is just an example. Some people might want want to do the Revans before the Mandalorian characters. The plan can be shifted around for that. The point is that you have mapped out what you're going to do with all that energy every day. What nodes you'll farm, what energy you'll refresh, that sort of thing.

With a good plan you'll go much further much faster.

As a final note, I did not ask if you were F2P or if you ever spend any money. I don't recommend either play style (do what makes you happiest, it's a game), if you are someone who spends money on games like this, the megabonus of Kuiil & IG-11 shards from Cantina nodes makes the next 3 weeks the best possible time to buy crystals. You'll get by far more value for your money that way than spending on crystals at other times.

Of course, you really only need about 200 crystals/day for the optimal refresh strategy (2 refreshes/day should get you close to 7* for each character at the end of the event if you already have the initial shards from the Galactic Challenge events, otherwise you'll need 3 refreshes on at least some of those days). You shouldn't have any trouble earning 100 crystals per day, but if you don't have any saved up, you might need to buy that other 100 crystals/day or 2k crystals total. (3k or so if you didn't get shards for Kuiil & IG-11 earlier).

Again, I'm not telling you to buy, but if you have no crystals saved up, and you're someone that wants to spend on crystals, this is a great time to do it to make sure you can take full advantage of this event.
  • Also, even if you're not prioritizing the Mando toons and going the Revan route or some other way, you should still refresh Cantina energy 2 (or 3) times per day over the next 3 weeks. You need important toons from the cantina, and getting them fast + getting a whole ton of free Kuill/IG-11 shards is a good deal. It means you save months of farming later which you can devote to other characters.

So do the Cantina refreshes, as much as you can, whether or not you're going for Beskar Mando.
  • Okay, remember that we're going for Tarkin/Geos first, but we have some other priorities to help round out your farming. I'm going to add one thing I forgot earlier - your CLS squad. It's implied on here because Threepio & Chewi are on here, but I should have spelled it out. Here we go:
    • Gear up Threepio & Chewbacca + one more Rebel to give you 6 (5 for a CLS team, which usually includes Threepio, but one extra for when Threepio or R2 has to go in another lineup, you already have CLS, Raid Han & R2)

And we also know that Vader is your current Relic priority (so he gets all your g12 gear) and Tarkin + Geos are your g12 priorities (so they get all your g11 & lower gear). But what actual toons do you need that are currently under 7-stars and aren't on a shopping plan? (In other words, what shards will you need to farm?)

Geonosian Spy
    Geonosian Brood Alpha
    Wicket

Wait, that's it? Yep. That's all you need. Technically you don't even need Wicket, but the event is much easier with Wicket, and you get a couple extra zeta mats per month from the Endor event if you have Wicket at 7*, so you might as well use him.

That said, you should be farming other things. You're going to have to choose a good, long-term farming priority to make the most out of your daily activities. Possibilities include:
    • Jedi Revan
    • Darth Revan
    • Jedi Luke
    • General Skywalker
    • Mon Mothma + Threepio & Chewie
    • Imperial Troopers w/ Piett
    • Mandalorian characters.

Now, the Mando characters to go for Beskar Armor Mando seems to me like it might be the best choice for you right now IF (and only if) you can currently beat the level 5 fleet battles. The toons are all recently released. They're good toons. And you only need them at g10 for the Beskar Mando event, so the payoff isn't quite as far in the future as something like General Skywalker. (If you can't beat those late-stage fleet battles, you might want to go for the Revans & take advantage of double drops on the requirements for the two Revans, as they are all old characters now.)

On the opposite end of the spectrum is Jedi Luke. You need Hermit Yoda & Wampa to both be 7-stars for that event, and you can't hurry them. HY is only available through GET-1 and Wampa is only available through GET-1 + the Galactic Bounties events, which comes about every 50 days & drops 20 shards of Wampa (if you choose Wampa, and if you can finish the event... Wampa is the hardest mission available). In fact, getting your bounty hunters in shape can help you finish the Wampa mission & hurry Jedi Luke along, but if you go JKL first you won't see any benefit for a long, long time.

If you do Mon Mothma & 3PAC, I would recommend you do that at the same time as Imperial Troopers. There simply aren't enough farming priorities to keep you busy if you only add 2 toons to the ones you have above.

Now if you pick General Skywalker, MM/3PAC/Piett or Mando toons, none of those requirements are in Fleet Battles, so I would pick a couple other things for you there as side projects. If you pick one of the Revans, though, whether you're going light side or dark will determine your next farms there.

For right now, let's make up a plan assuming you're going Mando characters, but if you want to do something else, let me know & I'll help with that. The Mando characters can help you get Chewbacca much more easily, so you may want to hold off on gearing up two of your current bounty hunters: IG-88 and Greedo. You'll also be getting two other BH's: Bossk who is absolutely necessary for fleet, and Jango, who is on the same node as Bossk's ship, so is basically free. Bossk & Jango are much better candidates for gear than IG-88 & Greedo even before you factor in how necessary Bossk is for ships.

Final preamble: as we go forward, I'll default to shoring up your ships first when goals get very long term, because ships ou have to think ahead 5 months or more, while characters rarely take that long now that shards have been doubled for most of them. You won't always use every ship right away, but it's better to be waiting on a chance to use it than not have it when you need it.

First, let me say that Kuiil & IG-11 will be dropping bonus shards on EVERY node of Cantina Battles starting tomorrow evening and going through January 6th. So you want as much of your energy refreshes to go to Cantina Battles as possible for the next month. This isn't the normal way to do things. Normally you'll do more refreshes of regular energy, both because they're cheaper and also because you'll be farming more things there. But let's do this, eh?

Mod Energy:
    Whatever. I tend to never farm mods & only farm mod slicing mats. Then once in a while I also buy a gold (only buy gold!) 5-dot mod in the mod store if I have extra cash. (I wouldn't buy using ship credits if I were you. Your ships need too much help right now.) The mod slicing mats barely keep up with the free mods you get from events, which is why you don't want to buy anything less than Gold mods in the store - it saves you slicing mats you don't have.
    That said, which slicing mats you farm is up to you. The strategies are too varied to help you with this. It would depend on a lot of things, including which characters you're trying to mod, which mods slots they have already filled, and what tier the remaining candidate mods have. Never stop farming his, but I can't really help you plan.

Cantina Energy (165 free energy / day):
    • Geo Spy => 7*
    • Geo Brood Alpha => 7*
    • Mission Vao
    • T3-M4
    • Canderous Ordo (Put this in front of Mission Vao if you're doing Darth Revan before Jedi Revan)

Obviously you're doing one at a time. As you finish one, move on to the next.

Regular Energy (375 free energy/ day):
    • Cara Dune (DS: 5-C) (80/ 5 Attempts)
    • Hound's Tooth (ship) + Jango Fett (LS: 8-D) (100/ 5 attempts)
    • Bossk (DS: 9-B) (100/ 5 attempts)
    • Threepio & Chewie (LS: 7-A) (100/5 Attempts)
    • Hyena Bomber (DS: 8-B) (100/ 5 attempts)
    • Vulture (ship) (LS: 4-D) (60/ 5 attempts)
    • Wicket (DS: 8-A) (100 energy per 5 attempts)
    • IG-2000 (LS: 6-E) (80/ 5 attempts)
    • Bastila Shan (DS: 5-B) (80/ 5 attempts)
    • Bastila Shan (Fallen) (DS: 7-A) (100 energy per 5 attempts)
    • Xanadu Blood (LS: 8-B) (100/ 5 attempts)

To avoid spending crystals, you're going to do multiple regular energy nodes at the same time. As you finish one, just add another from the bottom to your current farms. If you don't have enough energy left at the end of the day to do 5 full attempts of the next character or ship, go ahead and do however many attempts you can.

Now, normally in addition to the 375 free energy per day I would recommend 2 refreshes, but during the special Kuill/IG-11 event I want you to be spending all your spare crystals on refreshing Cantina energy, not regular energy. In January you can go back to spending your crystals on regular energy refills. With 2 of those per day (for only 100 crystals, you should be able to afford this) you have a 615 energy budget. That means that you'll be getting those first 3 priorities for 280, the next 3 for 260, and then IG-2000 will cost 80 when you only have 75/day left. That's fine. Just buy 4 attempts on the days you can only make 4, and 5 on the days you can make 5.

Fleet Energy (285 free energy/ day)
    • Greef Karga & Rebel Y-Wing (4-C; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Mandalorian (5-E; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Zaalbar (3-C; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Anakin's Eta-2 Starfighter (1-B; 80/ 5 attempts)
    • Bastila Shan (2-D; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Carth Onasi (2-E; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Shaak Ti (5-A; 100/ 5 attempts)
    • Enfys Nest (5-D; 100/ 5 attempts)

Again, you're doing zero node refreshes. So with 285 energy/ day, you'll start out with 5 attempts on Greef per day, 5 on Mandalorian per day, and then whatever is leftover on Zaalbar.

If you can't finish Greef's node or The Mandalorian's node yet, that's fine. Just skip them while you continue to make your fleet better (that's already in the plan by improving Bugs & Tarkin). As soon as you can complete those nodes, start incorporating them into your farms.

Again, this is just an example. Some people might want want to do the Revans before the Mandalorian characters. The plan can be shifted around for that. The point is that you have mapped out what you're going to do with all that energy every day. What nodes you'll farm, what energy you'll refresh, that sort of thing.

With a good plan you'll go much further much faster.

As a final note, I did not ask if you were F2P or if you ever spend any money. I don't recommend either play style (do what makes you happiest, it's a game), if you are someone who spends money on games like this, the megabonus of Kuiil & IG-11 shards from Cantina nodes makes the next 3 weeks the best possible time to buy crystals. You'll get by far more value for your money that way than spending on crystals at other times.

Of course, you really only need about 200 crystals/day for the optimal refresh strategy (2 refreshes/day should get you close to 7* for each character at the end of the event if you already have the initial shards from the Galactic Challenge events, otherwise you'll need 3 refreshes on at least some of those days). You shouldn't have any trouble earning 100 crystals per day, but if you don't have any saved up, you might need to buy that other 100 crystals/day or 2k crystals total. (3k or so if you didn't get shards for Kuiil & IG-11 earlier).

Again, I'm not telling you to buy, but if you have no crystals saved up, and you're someone that wants to spend on crystals, this is a great time to do it to make sure you can take full advantage of this event.

• Wow. Thanks to both MasterSeedy and TheChild_eats_eggs1 for the advice. This definitely gives me a much clearer picture of how to focus my efforts. I really appreciate the advice/guidance.

I will plan to gear up the Geos and Tarkin along with working on another Empire toon to complete my Arena team. I like the advice and idea for the upcoming Kuill/IG-11 event and will plan to farm hard on those as well. I do have some crystals saved up, so may do the extra refreshes you suggested as well. After that, I will work on BH for Chewie and Ewoks for Threepio.

MasterSeedy, you mentioned gearing up the JTR/Resistance team as one of the first goals. What does this get me in particular?
  • Also, what is the best way to farm for the higher level gear like MK5 Stun Gun salvage, MK4 Bacta gel salvage, etc. And even for lower tier gear that I seem to be perpetually out of like the MK5 Blastech weapon mod prototype. Use regular energy for node farming, spend crystals, wait to get raid rewards...?
  • SPDOC17 wrote: »
    MasterSeedy, you mentioned gearing up the JTR/Resistance team as one of the first goals. What does this get me in particular?
    I'm not MasterSeedy, but I think it just gives you another good GAC team. You basically have the requirements for JTR, so you may as well get her. She'll increase the viability of your resistance team in Grand Arena.
    SPDOC17 wrote: »
    Also, what is the best way to farm for the higher level gear like MK5 Stun Gun salvage, MK4 Bacta gel salvage, etc. And even for lower tier gear that I seem to be perpetually out of like the MK5 Blastech weapon mod prototype. Use regular energy for node farming, spend crystals, wait to get raid rewards...?
    I personally use energy when needed, but it is nice to be in a good guild running heroic raids all the time. Does your guild do geo tb? My guild does both geo tb's and that helps me a lot getting toons up to gear 10-13.
    Also, what is the best way to farm for the higher level gear like MK5 Stun Gun salvage, MK4 Bacta gel salvage, etc. And even for lower tier gear that I seem to be perpetually out of like the MK5 Blastech weapon mod prototype. Use regular energy for node farming, spend crystals, wait to get raid rewards...?

https://www.shatteredorder.com/gearguide
    I'm not MasterSeedy, but I think it just gives you another good GAC team. You basically have the requirements for JTR, so you may as well get her. She'll increase the viability of your resistance team in Grand Arena.

SPDOC17 has JTR. She's helpful at the stage you're at atm.

SPDOC17 has JTR. She's helpful at the stage you're at atm.

Got it. I didn't see OP already had her.
  • As for JTR, because you have all the characters I was thinking in particular that it would make both a great GAC team on offense, but also (and more importantly) your first good Sith Raid squad. Getting a couple million in HSTR gets you better rewards of a ton of things you're going to need.

GL Rey is also a very worthwhile toon. Yes, she's a long way away, and I'm not telling you to build resistance towards getting her. My point here is that you can invest gear in that squad without worrying about regretting it later, since it will always be appreciated as a good start on GL Rey later.

With HAAT on sim the JTR squad isn't quite as important for raiding as it once was, but you'll still find it the best HSTR team that you can get with your roster without a large amount of investment that would distract you from Tarkin, the Geos + your one more Empire (or Sith) toon.

I do have some crystals saved up, so may do the extra refreshes you suggested as well.

It's nice to have a crystal stash, but if you don't spend it at some point, then what was the point?

Galactic chase-style events are probably the best benefit-per-crystal you'll find in the game, so this is mainly what I've hoarded crystals for, historically.

The other thing to hoard crystals for is Kyrotech, but you shouldn't be in a place yet where you can't wait for the Kyros to come to you. Buying Kyros with crystals is for when you're rushing many things to relic at once (for instance when you're going for a GL) or when you're trying to get a new, super-powerful toon geared up quickly and it requires a lot of Kyros (could be a GL, but Padmé also requires a bunch, as do a few other toons). Until your crystal income is 500/ day or so, it's best just to spend on energy refreshes + occasional massive spending on extra energy refreshes during Galactic Chases.
    After that, I will work on BH for Chewie and Ewoks for Threepio.

Great plan. Enjoy your Rebels!

If you're following those spending / farming plans above, remember to downgrade Mando toons & upgrade Ewoks where appropriate, since I didn't know what your next goal would be when I created those plans.

Guild shipments in particular you might wish to buy slightly less early gear, other than Tarkin & Geo Spy, and pick up a few shards of Paploo & Logray just a little earlier than you would otherwise to reflect your next priority being your Rebel squad.