Poggle and Lando combo

Prev1
I'm intrigued to run a team like this:

Phasma (L)
ST Han
Daka
Poggle
Lando

Im intrigued how Lando's Double Down would do after having offense up. It hits a consistent 3k crit (he crits very often ) and I only have him at 5*. Does anyone have this tandem? If he lands 2 crits with the attack it resets and does 75% more damage the second time you use it. (He also gains crit chance X2 if he lands just one crit with the attack).

I don't have poggle but the others aside from lando are 7* maxed. Suggestions welcome!

Replies

• This team looks too slow at the moment with the current meta to actually be able to use Lando to his potential. I feel like even before Han would get his taunt up, Lando would be dead. Would Poe be better as a faster toon still having a taunt?
  • I guess the team would be too dependent on if daka lands a stun.
  • Do you think people would realistically target lando first though, if I see this team I'm targeting either daka or st han first.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    I ran a poogle Poe Lando team back when Poe was good. It doesn't really work now on defense.
  • Maybe Leah for lando? Cuz of her utilities and speed+stealth. I know she's hard as hell to get but just a thought. Does she do the 3 attacks on an assist?? Cuz that would be absolutely ridiculous
  • VVS
    52 posts Member
    Yoda might work also.
  • Do you think people would realistically target lando first though, if I see this team I'm targeting either daka or st han first.

Take for example my arena team, which is pretty much what a lot of people have as a team:

QGJ (L), Sid, GS, Luminara, Dooku.

I would Attack Daka with QGJ, calling for an assist, which would almost but not totally kill Daka. Then, Dooku would try to stun Lando with his force lightning. Then Sid would finish Daka. Then GS would attack Lando if he is not stunned, calling for assist which would probably kill him, or would attack Poggle if Lando is stunned. Then Lumi would finish Poggle or try to ability block Han.

All of this would happen before you have your first action...
  • Nute as lead, even nastier with good RNG
  • Han goes before luminari, at least he does on my current team
  • Oh but QGJ lead, I see what your saying.
  • Im not really worried about the current meta, more so in it for the long haul. I guess it will be a wait and see game, for now I'll continue farming lando to 7* just because I like his character in general and I'll go with 10 shards for magma and 5 for poggle.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    If you want to go for the long haul, is there any way you can get RG? He can give Lando his turn.

Phasma isn't doing anything for this team, unless his "new" advantage buff gives AOE crits. But I'm hoping they don't because that would be over powered.
  • Just for curiosity sake, what if my team were:

QGJ (lead)
    Ahsoka
    Luminari
    Lando
    Poggle

OR is there any combination that may include both lando and poggle in a team together that would make them viable.

Maybe even assaj (L)
    Daka
    Initiate
    Lando
    Poggle.

• Maxed out Poggle does go before Lumi though. 142-141. Still... There might be almost nobody left to give offense up to.
  • Blankenshipbro
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Royal guard is intriguing. Maybe have two speed characters, RG and poggle and lando?

QGJ and ahsoka?
  • I'm trying my best to go away from cookie cutters if anyone can tell lol
  • If the meta change as we think it will, with the change to advantage given to AOE, here's what I am trying to get as a team:

Boba Fett (L), Royal Guard, Lando, Phasma, Yoda/Poggle/Dooku

Boba will give bonus damages on crits.
    Phasma will guarantee crits on all AOE.
    RG protects Lando at least for one turn.
    Yoda would give tenacity up on first turn to prevent ability blocks or stuns/ or Poggle will give offense up.

So basically:
    Yoda tenacity up. Then Phasma gives advantage. Lando AOE. Boba AOE. Yoda AOE. Phasma AOE.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Well if your set on lando and poogle, go Nute lead (he gives turn meter on crits, Lando gets massive TM from him with AOE crits) poogle RG Lando and one other. Maybe ig-88, maybe ST Han, maybe daka.
    The team I run is Nute L, QGJ RG daka Lando. It does fairly well.

My poogle got left at lvl 60 once I got QGJ. I wish I had a max ST Han and ig-88 to play with.
  • RG could possibly protect some slower chars as long as they could survive QGJ and assist. I have figured out a way to take one Toon down before RG taunts.

If you run QGJ and GS and you aren't sure if you can take someone completely out with QGJ and assist, then don't use it first turn. Use his basic. Then finish that toon off with GS. You can sneak in a quick kill before RG gets his taunt up. Plus you still have QGJ's assist to help burn down RG on his next turn.

I digress... Who would you remove in favor of RG?
  • I thought Nute only works on stealthed allies? If it's bugged I don't want to be screwed when they fix it. I do have Nute at 4 stars though and currently farming him to 5* on the hope of scoundrel event
  • With RG I guess I would either go:

Assaj (L)
    Daka
    RG
    Lando
    Poggle

OR

QGJ (L)
    Ahsoka
    RG
    Lando
    Poggle
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    With RG I guess I would either go:

QGJ (L)
    Ahsoka
    RG
    Lando
    Poggle

I would bet this would be a relatively potent combo. I am probably going to farm Lando after I am done with Dooku.

☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    I thought Nute only works on stealthed allies? If it's bugged I don't want to be screwed when they fix it. I do have Nute at 4 stars though and currently farming him to 5* on the hope of scoundrel event

For a while there I wouldn't bring up Nutes lead, and would shush people who did. Thing is, he's crap without it. I could see them fixing it once thermals get a buff. It really only works with Lando. I have 7stat Leia and don't use her with Nute. Too often she attacks once and doesn't crit.

The lvl 80-something leader of Greedo is said to give 20 TM on a crit and 50% crit damage for scoundrels. This would be just as good if you have him.
  • I'm working on a Lando team:

Dooku
    RG
    Lando
    Poggle
    Lumi

Not sure how well it will end up after the changes but I'm going to finish it up anyway.

Already have dooku ,Lumi , poggle maxed (for today) and am always working up RG , so unless something better stops me from working Lando.
  • Brimley_Ploom_19
    366 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I am building a dot team (I know, sounds funny right?) with lando. Ig88 as leader (haha I am joking right?) because at level 8 his leader ability grants dot on any given critical hit, vader with his 3 dot ability, sidious gets another dot on level 8 so his 3 dot ability, Lando, and phasma who can grant guarentee crit to all players. So in theory, after phasma grants advantages, add then up...11 dots per enemy. Not to mention lando will have 100% extra damage on his next aoe. Vaders next shot will be an instakill. And ig88 will have a field day with his unique ability. Also vader gets 50% speed down w his area attack, couple that with phasmas fusilade. Not to mention 88s area ability blocking.
  • Timitock
    2844 posts Member
    If you use Dooku or QGJ lead, you dont need Poggle for offense up, but it is less reliable.
  • Does anyone have damage figures of lando's double down paired with poggles offense up. First attack and second (assuming he will get 2 crits).

Would just like to see a figure because my god it would be a devastating blow to the entire team and the rest of the team I would think could almost one shot after these attacks.
  • I would think in the new meta this would help to knockout a lot of the other teams fortitude as well.
  • Kosar
    84 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I like Lando a lot on paper but in action he's not worked out yet outside of challenges. Update might help, especially if he gets damage increased for his slowness like that one dev post suggested about all slow characters. Even so, now mine crits with his bonus damage at like 4-6k (not completely maxed btw). +25% up from Poggle would top out at like 8.5k. Once maxed, maybe that pushes 9-10k. If he gets buffed in big update, he's still going to need speed or turn meter enhancements from party members to even attack twice. Like I said, on paper, very intriguing... In action, it's totally unreliable... Which is fitting it's Lando now that I'm thinking about it.
  • Blankenshipbro
    132 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Is that regular attack or double down, I know his basic isn't all that great but it's the group damage I like. His double down right now for me only does about 400 damage less than his basic and about 1000 more damage than his basic in the second attack (much more if he has a good crit). I have all of his abilities maxed but I still have not gotten to gear 8 or 7 stars yet.