Is there a way of changing the background music back to normal?

Prev13
LendersQuiz
1166 posts Member
edited December 2020
Is there a way of changing the background music back to normal?

I know I can lower the volume, turn it off completely and if I go to another screen it will change to one of the other ones, but this particular music, with its high pitched sounds, I find annoying.

Replies

• and why is it on a 20 second loop?
  • +1

It's gross.
  • This music IS GOD AWFUL!!!!
  • They should of put the events tab music as the cantina music
  • The main screen is a bit...weird but I’m loving the mando music in the squad arena
  • There’s music in this game??? I’ve had it muted for 4 years. This is the way.
  • It's in the arena menu too, and ship arena. Dang, make that the cantina music already!
  • I’ve had it muted forever, but glad I switched it on to hear the awesome Mando theme. This is the way.
  • I’ve had it muted forever, but glad I switched it on to hear the awesome Mando theme. This is the way.

If it was the normal mando theme, that would be fine, not this high pitched 20 second loop Harry Potter whanabe sample thing.
  • I agree. This new music is so bad that when I log in if I don’t have my sound turned off first my dogs get up and leave the room
  • I really like the Mando music in the arena parts. Gets me pumped to battle. but yeah I have to agree on main lobby music. Not a fan of that one.

• and why is it on a 20 second loop?

This. Normally I love the sound and art people on the dev team. While neat for the first minute or so, this music gets extremely repetitious and monotonous. We at least need some option to change back to the "normal" music.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Is this trolling or are you serious? :D I love the Mando music and appreciate it. I only mute the game when I play in public and have to, but in general, I enjoy the sound.
  • LendersQuiz
    1166 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    Is this trolling or are you serious?

I am being serious. The rest of the mando music is fine. Go to the events page for example. Awesome!

I'm talking about the ear screeching 20 second loop when you are in the main cantina screen. Even the rest of my family is telling me to turn off the music as they find it annoying.

Where is the option to change the music back to normal????
  • In my opinion the music is as whiny and annoying as I could possibly imagine. The short loop is part of the problem, the grating high pitch another, and while I enjoy the show, this music is never going to communicate the feeling of Star Wars in general.
    If a less grating version was on some special Mandalorian event page or something, awesome... but it currently sounds awful and for me requires the music, which I enjoy playing quietly, to be turned off.
  • Teg
    50 posts Member
    I personally love new music. It’s been the same since release, and with the new Mando, it fits the theme of what is new and good in Star Wars. Having the option to switch back would be good. I know in the old version, there were several themes that I could switch by giving the lower portion of my screen a very slight pull to bring up the “slide screen” image on my phone (iOS).
  • I don't know. It puts me in some strange trance that attracts me to the store. Could just be me though)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    If only there was a way to turn it off.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I guess you missed the part when I said "I know I can lower the volume, turn it off completely" but if you know of a way to turn that ONE song off while leaving the rest of them on....

mizjeeyqh97b.jpg
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    TVF wrote: »

I guess you missed the part when I said "I know I can lower the volume, turn it off completely" but if you know of a way to turn that ONE song off while leaving the rest of them on....

I didn't miss it, I just don't think it's valid.
  • Teg wrote: »
    I personally love new music. It’s been the same since release, and with the new Mando, it fits the theme of what is new and good in Star Wars. Having the option to switch back would be good. I know in the old version, there were several themes that I could switch by giving the lower portion of my screen a very slight pull to bring up the “slide screen” image on my phone (iOS).

• Teg wrote: »

Youve got to be crazy the music sucks
  • The new music is a nightmare in hell
  • Change it to something else please
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    I wanted to see which song it was so i turned on the sound for the first time in 4 years.

Even on the lowest setting it woke my baby up lol
  • Agreed, the song on the main table is rather annoying than enjoyable. I always play with music on but I had to switch off completely.
  • It's only for the duration of the Mando event so chill 😂
    "You're All Rebels, Aren't You?"
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Gotta say this might be my favorite complaint of the last three plus years.
  • TVF wrote: »

I don't know - I was really partial to "Monkey face Rey" and "Vader's off-center chest plate". My all time favorite though was "breathing droids"....ahhh, the good old days.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I don't know - I was really partial to "Monkey face Rey" and "Vader's off-center chest plate". My all time favorite though was "breathing droids"....ahhh, the good old days.

Did anyone complain about Running K2?