Drop Rates for IG11 and Kuiil

Replies

• Budgernaut wrote: »
    Shouldn't drop rates be posted? They are posted for packs. Why not nodes? I mean, it's still money you're spending whether it's crystals or not, so these should really be disclosed.

Naw, cg doesn't have to publish any droprate except packs which they are forced by the law. Any probabilistic deal you do with crystals are not money in terms of the law. Stupid but it's what it is.
  • Dmitry_M81
    459 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    10+5 for 480 energy on 16 node (last relic mat)
  • Good luck spending 50K energy to get them to 7* in 21 days
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

I wish I had your luck
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

I wish I had your luck

Everyone's droprates gonna equalize in the long run
  • 2 ig11 3 kuiil from 9x16 cantina energy 144 total. I guess I got the horseshoes
  • 416 Energy on a 16 Energy shard, got 3 for both IG and Kuiil.
    Terrible drop rate
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

I wish I had your luck

Everyone's droprates gonna equalize in the long run

No, no it won’t.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    6&6 on 31 16e battles. When I first saw the drops were going for 3 weeks I had an inkling that drop rates would be lower than previous chases. Glad I didn't horde energy above the cap. At a three refreshes per day, that looks like around 125 shards per char by the end (roughly halfway to 6*, 40/85).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Shaddess wrote: »
    No, they just dressed up a terd with what they said about these being the same as Galactic chase drop rates, it’s way way worse. Over 1300 energy for just 7 kuiil and 9 ig11

They Didn't say it was the Same as GC Drop Rates, lol

ck4a88pkto5s.png

Doja sure assumed so.
    Sebek wrote: »
    No, they just dressed up a terd with what they said about these being the same as Galactic chase drop rates, it’s way way worse. Over 1300 energy for just 7 kuiil and 9 ig11

They Didn't say it was the Same as GC Drop Rates, lol

ck4a88pkto5s.png

Doja sure assumed so.

Assume ≠ Confirmed

He's an employee. If he says something, it's not like normal speculation.
  • there's no way to 7* with just 2 refreshes a day. just did 2 refreshes plus the 144 energy i had and got a whopping 4 ig11 and 2 kuili
  • Yeah, why are so many people attributing those words to Doja?
  • 7x IG:11, 5x Kuill

496 energy, spent on 31 attempts on 16nrg node.

So just for my data, no aggregation, my results are:
    12/31 = 38.7% to drop **something**
    19.4% to drop each of them.

that's about 1.2% per energy for each toon. About 2.4% combined.
    So even if the intent was the GalChase rate of 4% for **combined** drop rate, I'm still very short. And most of the rest of people seem to be doing no better, with many doing worse, such that I think my estimate is on the high side.

That's my impression, not data, but I'd be very surprised if the average combined drop rate exceeds 2.4%

On the plus side, technically it's still worth it -- waiting for the to show up on a hard node you'll get 1.6 shards per 5 attempts at 50 crystals per 5 attempts, but 75 per 5 if you're doing refreshes. So if pushing on a hard node = 46 crystals per shard, or 45 crystals/shard if your drop rate is 1.667.

100 crystals here gets you 7.5 attempts at 38.7% drop rate, or 2.9 shards per 100 crystals spent.

100 crystals / 2.9 expected shards = 34.5 crystals per expected shard, or 10 crystals less per shard than when you refresh a hard node + buy energy for 50 crystals.

Of course, that's only if my results end up being typical, while at first glance they seem medium-high. Still, I know that I haven't thrown away crystals on an effort with such a bad drop rate it would be cheaper to wait.
  • It’s not worth getting excited about

Where us JKL :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    mlb1399 wrote: »
    Another day and another CG rip off.

Gotta love those free thing rip offs.....
  • mlb1399 wrote: »
    I know CG likes to stick it to their player base but 1100 energy for 11 shards seems steep. Am I missing something?

You are missing that there's already a topic for this.
  • Yeah, why are so many people attributing those words to Doja?

When an announcement leads me to a write up without any hint on the writer, I assume it's cg's word on the subject. Or was I supposed to listen to a 90 min podcast?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    So even @CG_Doja_Fett made the same assumption as us which is becoming obviously wrong. That's quite weird him being in the team and all.

dctsszopoyc8.png

That article was written by sigsig, not Doja Fett

And he was making an assumption, not stating facts
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    The drop rate isn't that great but its free farming imo so I don't mind it

Only thing that I dislike is forcing us to use Beskar Armor Mando as a feat in the next Galactic Challenge to get good rewards
  • Ultra wrote: »
    The drop rate isn't that great but its free farming imo so I don't mind it

Only thing that I dislike is forcing us to use Beskar Armor Mando as a feat in the next Galactic Challenge to get good rewards

Wait, what?
  • 1,400 energy spent, give or take

Got:
    13 IG-11 shards
    16 Kuiil shards
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Yeah, why are so many people attributing those words to Doja?

When an announcement leads me to a write up without any hint on the writer, I assume it's cg's word on the subject. Or was I supposed to listen to a 90 min podcast?

I didn’t listen either, but I knew it wasn’t Doja writing the article.
  • 6zrd9ixx2l0h.jpg
    i2koibruk753.jpg
    Only two **** of the 1.1k energy spent. Pretty low droprates imho. Ig sitting at 21 shards atm and kuill at 20. I am not gonna refresh like crazy for this, Im sure the crystal packs were cheaper in the end.
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Yeah, why are so many people attributing those words to Doja?

It Was 20 Mins, not 90 if i'm correct

I don't know, haven't checked and don't think I should need to.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Moorebid wrote: »
    They said it would follow the Galactic Chase rules, which I don't buy AT ALL.
    Just spent 900 cantina energy on a 16 node and all I got were 7 kuiil and 9 IG11 shards!
    That's abysmal!

I spent 500 and got like 15 of each
  • 19 and 17 on about 730 energy (spent on 16 cost nodes) obviously too small a set to say anything about the true drop rate. But certainly seems like 4% combined drop rate is still a distinct possibility
  • 3 refreshes + 24 left over energy yielded 4 shards of each. 8 total shards is about 2.2% drop rate combined. Small sample size - but judging by some of the posts here, it looks like less than the 4% "expected" (and historical) GChase rates.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*