Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Just another nail in the coffin of what is likely the final year of SWGOH

SWGOH is booming, and if the datamine is true, the future is even brighter and more promising

Meh. According to Sensor Tower, it's doing just over half of what MSF is doing (MSF $19m in Nov., Swgoh $12m) - and that's with all the Mando hype. It's doing well - don't get me wrong. But in it's market space it's slipping. And MSF has 1.2 million downloads in November. SWGOH had 400k. That doesn't look like a bright future - comparatively speaking.

Every time someone mentions MSF, I check their subreddit, and its just 10x worse each visit (from what i've read about the complaints and whats going on in the game)

Each game has a group of spenders that will buy anything you put a price tag on

But i don't think sales = success

SWGOH peak viewers on twitch...418

MSF peak viewers on twitch.....2,721

Couple this with the higher sales and higher downloads, MSF continues to grab more of the market share.

CG needs to grab some of that market share back by better priced packs, more content and steady communication. I hope the future is bright because I’m gonna be here for it, if I spend money on the game then is entirely up to CG....right now, they do not deserve my money.
  • I just am so confused. Right when you think CG is changing and starting to do stuff for the community rather than their wallets they do something like this. A blatent middle finger to the community, reminding us that whenever they want they can throw a totally random paywall at anything without any logic or reasoning. It's pitiful
  • It's a double edged sword. I understand that the game needs to be monitized but it leaves a very sour taste in my mouth as this is the only way to get 6E-A slicing mats. I planned to use and refresh cantina to get the two toons for The Mandalorian (BA) and to have this while people are still farming it really sucks. 7.6+M GP account
  • TVF wrote: »
    xNITRORENx wrote: »
    Simply outrageous, gfycgyfahmfesafdadyfbapf

Are you ok?

Cat jumped onto the keyboard apparently.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I do hope something about drop rates is also discussed.
    IG & Kuiil shards? If so, agreed. I could understand halving the old 4% per energy drop rate since therr are two toons at once but 1% per toon just seems unnecessarily stingy. It's not as if Cantina energy is cheap or plentiful to begin with.

I really think CG could have done a much better job of making this fun and encouraging modest spenders to shell out a few $ if they had at least given us a shot at a little treat.

The current setup feels more like CG is giving us all the middle finger. :(
  • CaptainCampoXIII
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    This is seriously poor from CG, Beskar Mando is marquee toon that was released couple of days ago. U can’t unlock him unless u buy him. I didn’t realise I had to now have pay to try GC content. I love this game, but the pay walls upon pay walls is absolutely unnecessary. U just disengage your loyal member base with kitten moves like this one. Bugs didn’t even take a turn in T7 either, u seriously got to look at the decision making team here. An apology is due for this GC content, it utterly reeks of greed and laziness.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Don't get your hopes up.
    We all started to see a bright future ahead of us and look where we are now - back to disappointment.
    No pith. No puzzles. No levity on this thread right now. While I like to have as much fun as I can on the job, I want you to know I take player sentiment seriously.

We'll have some more on this later today. But for now, feel free to make your feelings and thoughts known here in this thread (which you have definitely done so far), and I'll relay that as best I can.

We need a puzzle for the next quarter, with crumb being the puzzlemaster

A crumb puzzle but with Doja making stupid jokes and puns throughout?

I'm am here for that. Let the Hype Train begin.
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    CG: locks GL behind a heroes journey which has no established rotation.
    Me: this is ridiculous
    Everyone: whale harder, deal with it, nobody cares, *deletes/moves post*, conspiracy theorist rahhhhhh

CG: locks GC behind a new character which has significantly less impact than gating a GL
    Everyone: WE RIOT

:shrugs:

• This will have me voting with my wallet and cease my spending. This feat was awful this go round and similar feats will be awful on Christmas and the time after. I don’t care if it meets the upcoming scoundrels gc theme, it’s still bad for player sentiment.
  • "Slicing mats rewards in GC are alrdy so low that you can only do 2 slices per GC if you get max rewards? Hey, it's Christmas soon, lets lower that even further for 99.9% of the player base."
    - CG
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

To reiterate, these recent events and Galactic Challenges are part of our attempts to experiment with different ways of presenting units, content and rewards. The next round of events and Galactic Challenges may very well be different as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future.
  • As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

To reiterate, these recent events and Galactic Challenges are part of our attempts to experiment with different ways of presenting units, content and rewards. The next round of events and Galactic Challenges may very well be different as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future.

A lot of words to say exactly nothing.

The issue isn't experimenting, it's using strict paywalls to prevent getting the rewards. New challenges and content is fun, but how is paying for mando a feat or a challenge?

In any case, I do appreciate the communication, thank you for not giving us the silent treatment.
  • Tivel
    4 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

Appreciate the communication but that doesn't change the fact that this is total kitten. Doing something this scummy during the holidays is going to cause a lot of people, myself included, to not purchase anything in protest. If you are going to treat your player base this way and look for ways to reduce the rewards we get, why should we support the company? If it would be some of the trash gear instead of the mod materials I wouldn't care as much. But this is just totally unacceptable.
    Post edited by Kyno on

So you just wrote two paragraphs of nothing.
    Nothing changes and it might happen again.

My expectations were low but ****.

No one liked this “experimentation” when you did it with platoons, and no one likes it now. Not sure why you thought we would.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

A lot of words to say exactly nothing.
    He's trying to say that this will be the norm, and they might do this with newer toons in the future

Thanks for the response Doja, I made this thread to request if that could be changed and it doesn't seem to be possible, after whatever internal discussions they had

At least we tried. @Kyno you can close this thread
  • Oh god...
  • "as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future"

all this says to me is that you are waiting to see how much money you get from this mando stunt and if it works you'll keep gating more and more content behind paywalls.

it doesnt matter how the community feels or how unfun it makes the game as long as you can squeeze more and more money out of the whales and krakens
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    To be fair, as someone else pointed out to me, we are getting 2x the GCs per week now, so getting half the mod salvage in one GC, and a full drop in the other, every once in a while isn't so bad
    To be fair, as someone else pointed out to me, we are getting 2x the GCs per week now, so getting half the mod salvage in one GC, and a full drop in the other, every once in a while isn't so bad

For now.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »

For now.
    And requiring premium toons for GCs is also something they are doing... for now

:shrug:
    th3evo wrote: »

For now.
    And requiring premium toons for GCs is also something they are doing... for now

:shrug:

The future will show but if the past is any indicator - don't get your hopes up.

Is it just me or does this sound like it was clearly written by someone other than Doja?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.

Like everyone else, I appreciate the communication. But this sounds an awful lot like saying that CG is forever immune to any and all criticism, no matter what they do, because they can always hide behind "we're continuing to experiment." No admission that this was a bad idea, no assurance that this won't be the norm, no lessons learned.
  • The next gc seasons rewards may very well NOT be very different as already datamined. However CG seeing the response to their scheme may very well choose to backstep and not release those as is.
This discussion has been closed.