Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Leodemiurg
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Yes, this is their legal department talking
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »
    As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

To reiterate, these recent events and Galactic Challenges are part of our attempts to experiment with different ways of presenting units, content and rewards. The next round of events and Galactic Challenges may very well be different as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future.

Is it just me or does this sound like it was clearly written by someone other than Doja?

I agree. This sounds like some PR lawyer
    wrote this up to appease the mob, while at the same time refusing to state anything concrete. We didn’t even get the usual empty apology and promise to “look into it”. It’s not going to go over well.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    The absolute worst part is the comment about “even if your Mandalorian doesn’t meet the requirements to beat the final tier.” It’s like the person writing it has no idea what the game is like. The 1% who do have him can easily beat the last tier with him. And to imply that the rest of us have him unlocked but undergeared is insulting to the other 99%.
  • I actually feel bad for Doja, he seemed to be a good lad. It’s unfair for him to deal with all this crap, while he can’t even talk. On the other hand - that’s what you get if choose to run with the crooks...
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    The absolute worst part is the comment about “even if your Mandalorian doesn’t meet the requirements to beat the final tier.” It’s like the person writing it has no idea what the game is like. The 1% who do have him can easily beat the last tier with him. And to imply that the rest of us have him unlocked but undergeared is insulting to the other 99%.

It's a CYA for the next GAC where you have to do x damage with Beskar Mando to get the feats, unlike this week where it would just be a matter of having him.
  • How's about you keep the "experiments" to the play testers? See how much fun they have with the same kinds of fun we get.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    2hsraibg5qlm.png

For December 25th's Galactic Challenge, don't lock 2/3 feats for each tier behind requiring a premium toon

I blame Ultra.

Clearly they saw her post and moved one of the feats to today's event. Now the 25th only has 1/3 feats behind a premium character.

Next time be more spefic when wishing on a Monkey's Paw.
    Honestly, offended they didn’t lock all 3 feats behind BMA

Hope they do it next week!

Bruh! Monkey's Paws and Horse Radishes
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

To reiterate, these recent events and Galactic Challenges are part of our attempts to experiment with different ways of presenting units, content and rewards. The next round of events and Galactic Challenges may very well be different as we continue to focus on what Galaxy of Heroes looks like moving into the future.

what kind of rewards do I get for having half a Mandalorian (Beskar Armor)? Your legal department appears to be under the impression that he's usable in this form. Seems like more proof CG doesn't play their own game, actually. gihiie49tm9y.png

P.S. Thank you CG for thoroughly ruining this GC for me and handicapping me further. Truly worthwhile, relicing these factions so you guys can change the feats to suit your wallets and hamper players' growth even more. No reason to improve my scoundrels or my droids in the near future. No reason to play GCs, actually.
  • Squackle
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I remember the good ole days when I would open my inbox and find an apology with some crystals or shards as a mea culpa for lesser things than this.

That was a kitten response from the Devs for a trash move.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

Blablabla...

Direction : How can the player get the requirement fast enough ?
    Devs : Paying.
    Direction : Go ahead !
  • I didn't know @CG_Doja_Fett was fluent in Legalese. 😜
  • [...]You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.[...]
    This is not the point. 99% of the player base do not have this character at all, so all tiers of the feat are unplayable!

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    [...]You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.[...]
    This is not the point. 99% of the player base do not have this character at all, so all tiers of the feat are unplayable!

For now
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.
    We can't even bloody well unlock him! That's why people are cheesed off @CG_Doja_Fett .

Beskar Mando unlock requires a squad of 7-star toons, two of whom only hit the holo-tables a couple of days ago and at drop rates so low we are struggling to measure them with a micrometer.

Therefore the vast majority of players are completely locked out of the Mandalorian feats in the current Galactic Challenge.

/facepalm
  • TVF wrote: »
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    [...]You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.[...]

For now

so you expect this feat to reappear when most players have him? :joy: that won't happen
  • As we continue to experiment with different requirements and feat structures for GC’s, it is possible -- even likely -- that they will take various forms moving forward. So, while the feats and requirements for the current round of GC are set, they are subject to change in the future as we work through various versions of the Galactic Challenges, along with their feats and requirements. You will still be able to compete in this season of Galactic Challenges while earning most of the rewards, even if your Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) doesn’t meet the requirements to complete the final tier of rewards.

@CG_Doja_Fett Alright, I retract some of my animus, old CG wouldn't have responded at all.

However, you see how this looks like? Carefully combining the best rewards into a crate, instead of per feat for no apparent reason, except now we have one...to gate the entire point of Galactic Challenges (6A slicing materials) behind various paywalls.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

The problem is, you guys have running Galactic challenges for 4 months now. That's plenty long enough to setup the expectation that in each GC, there's going to be one (1) specific faction that's absolutely required to get maximum rewards. You indicate that faction both on the event calendar and on the event card in game. Some other things have been tweaked (removing hard relic requirements on faction toons, changing reward structure a bit), and they've largely been positive changes with good reasoning and communication. Today, you broke that expectation with no warning whatsoever. The reward difference isn't huge (though it's not nothing, considering this is the only source of the new slicing mats), but it really breaks player trust.

Experimentation is one thing, but you guys know, and we know, that it's impossible to have Beskar Mando today without having spent any cash. It looks like a pure unadulterated cash grab from every possible angle - like someone wanted to try to give a little boost to the income numbers before the end of the year. Your statement above sounds like the studio telling you to put a positive spin on the fact that it was a cash grab.

I've run experiments of various sorts with changing things, and can generally provide a reasonable explanation about what I'm hoping to see change, or trying to discover. Your explanation doesn't have anything like that though.

Perhaps I'm wrong, and it really isn't a cash grab and just an experiment that makes no apparent sense. If that's the case, and you guys didn't think it would upset people much, then it just means that CG is incredibly disconnected from their community.

Feel free to correct me by providing an explanation that's actually plausible. I don't mind being wrong. Right now, the only "experiment" I can honestly believe this is, is an experiment to see how to motivate player spending.
  • I swear they have a person at CG who’s sole job is to come up with new and surprising ways to tick off the player base. And they surely have to be the highest paid person in the organization, because they are exceedingly good at their job. 😂
  • CaptainRex wrote: »

@CG_Doja_Fett Alright, I retract some of my animus, old CG wouldn't have responded at all.

However, you see how this looks like? Carefully combining the best rewards into a crate, instead of per feat for no apparent reason, except now we have one...to gate the entire point of Galactic Challenges (6A slicing materials) behind various paywalls.

Exactly.

This is the problem
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Just another nail in the coffin of what is likely the final year of SWGOH

SWGOH is booming, and if the datamine is true, the future is even brighter and more promising

Meh. According to Sensor Tower, it's doing just over half of what MSF is doing (MSF $19m in Nov., Swgoh $12m) - and that's with all the Mando hype. It's doing well - don't get me wrong. But in it's market space it's slipping. And MSF has 1.2 million downloads in November. SWGOH had 400k. That doesn't look like a bright future - comparatively speaking.

Every time someone mentions MSF, I check their subreddit, and its just 10x worse each visit (from what i've read about the complaints and whats going on in the game)

Each game has a group of spenders that will buy anything you put a price tag on

But i don't think sales = success

SWGOH peak viewers on twitch...418

MSF peak viewers on twitch.....2,721

Couple this with the higher sales and higher downloads, MSF continues to grab more of the market share.

CG needs to grab some of that market share back by better priced packs, more content and steady communication. I hope the future is bright because I’m gonna be here for it, if I spend money on the game then is entirely up to CG....right now, they do not deserve my money.

Those numbers are extremely skewed and tell us nothing. The largest streamers (by far) for each game use separate platforms. Mobilgamer (msf) uses twitch, and Ahnald (swgoh) uses youtube. And ahnald routinely has thousands of viewers for his livestreams.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q

Yikes, this does not inspire confidence
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • JimMcNutty
    13 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    CG finally had an event everyone was happy about. A new character that is easy to get. The event is fun(so I hear). They released a new raid, so more new content. All great good on you. Then, you had to ruin all that by requiring baskar mando for a resistance event, just for money. Like you were starting to make believers out of me and others that you were hearing us and starting to care more about the player base. Way to ruin it over something so small. Like no one at your company was smart enough to change the event to scoundrels? Mind blowing the stupidity. Not one person said while setting this up “why are we requiring mando for a resistance event?”

Dude. If you guys are ever wondering why everyone ends up hating community managers? It's posts like this. Here's how literally every single player reads this:

"We know this was an obvious attempt to force people to spend to get the new shiny right away. However, we know we can't come right out and say that because it would make us sound greedy. So instead, we're going to pretend like this is all part of some grand, nebulous plan that will vaguely benefit everyone eventually. You don't believe it and neither do we, but nobody likes facing the fact that our goal is to make money, so here's some vague sugarcoated nonsense."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Maybe it’s foreshadowing that snoke is mando :#

"Most of the rewards" is factually correct, but those remaining rewards are the ones we actually want and have always had the opportunity to attempt to earn up until this point. It's one thing to not have good enough characters and try failing, it's a whole different thing when I fail to even be able to try.
    I hope you guys learned something from your experiment.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Here we go again. Tip of the Spear and all that. Though you guys learned from the extensive feedback. Nope. Still not listening.
  • I just don’t understand how you guys didn’t see this coming? Like can a community manager at least answer that. You guys keep up on things and know how everyone was excited( maybe too strong of a word) about the changes. You guys do this all the time. You don’t think. Like you aren’t going to get a ton of people deciding to spend money for the final rewards to this event. Like I’d be surprised if even one person decided to invest in mando because of the event. All you did was ruin the positivity you were starting to build. *Cost benefit analysis* try it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I didn't know CG_Doja_Fett was fluent in Legalese. 😜

With all this talk, I'm surprised no one has asked him about his legal degree.
  • I would just like to point out, I've never felt the need to experiment with hitting myself in the fase with a hammer to know it's a bad idea.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I would just like to point out, I've never felt the need to experiment with hitting myself in the fase with a hammer to know it's a bad idea.

You think it's a bad idea, you dont know. :wink:
This discussion has been closed.