Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Hope you are kidding CG and you will remove or replace this feat. This is such a bad move and shows that you have no respect towards your player base.
    Personally i think you are not worth anymore of my few cents i have to work hard for.
  • So dropped 300 crystal each day so far refreshing cantina and after getting minimal drops now you tell us that we need to outright buy the new characters completely just to get the other new character to complete GAC? Guess what? No more money for CG until you stop trying to fleece us.
  • madhader wrote: »
    Just when we thought CG was turning things around, they go and ruin the forward progress they were making with crap like this. Way to continue to say screw you to the community. Do you even listen? Or do you purposely think of things to add to the game that will tick people off?

Lol! For sure it is the last option! But the only people that can change CG are the Whales, who don’t care because CG already caters to them. The only time the Whales care is when CG “Stuffs up” and does something that benefits F2P and not them.

Oh trust me, in the mid 300M range with my guild and a lot are furious, the raid didn’t kill it because sure it’s hard and eventually it’s a F2P item. This being a timed event and literally P2P made a lot of us think.
  • I don’t mind spending money on the game after all I understand they need to turn a profit to keep it viable to continue support it but this is just plain greedy no excuse can justify it
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I've got to say adding a new premium character to the feats, where the most premium mod salvage is gated doesn't sit well with me.

The characters are only just farmable to get him, its a complete pay to win move that only a handful of players will be happy with. Everyone else will likely resent this move.

Tis the season of good will, be nice and remove it!
  • Legit wrote: »
    And who the crap thought it was a good idea to put resistance against geos?? I can’t even take a turn with relic 5+ on tier 5. It’s literally impossible unless you have GL Rey.

Tier v geos are all over 333 speed.
  • MajoreMike
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Yup this stuff is starting to make me lose interest. First the rancor coordinating and now the GC crap.
  • Legit wrote: »
    And who the crap thought it was a good idea to put resistance against geos?? I can’t even take a turn with relic 5+ on tier 5. It’s literally impossible unless you have GL Rey.

It’s easy without Rey. JTR, BB8, 3PO, R2, Vet Han. Geos never took a turn on T7.
  • Have to say this is a new low.

They changed up the crates so that to get decent rewards you MUST full clear feats, way worse reward structure for players compared to before.
    Then they require a toon just released to complete said feats. And from the datamine, this will happen for at least this and the next GC as well.
    To top it off, the feats for the first time have almost a negative relation with the theme of the GC. I mean, Mando have nothing to do with Resistance. At least if there was a scoundrel theme it could make sense.

This is such an obvious cashgrab with such an intricate setup that it's almost painful.

Probably the worst is that htis comes off the back of a positive vibe.
    The release structure for Mando with promised accelerated farming of required toons, low gear requirement for unlock and immediate permanent availability sounded so cool. Turns out it was a lure.

The QOL with completing all previous tiers once doing a higher tier in GC sounded really good as well, lots of time saved. And this is still a nice benefit. But the coupling with massive reward nerf if unable to complete all feats is again just another P2P structure.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    CG saw this thread on the day of its creation and chose to ignore it so I don’t expect them to reply to this at all

This GC is missing the “Do X amount of damage from BAM” so I’m expecting that feat to be in the GAC for 25th

So that’s two weeks of not being able to get max GC rewards
  • Just watch the new Mandalorian episode. That's SW content run by people who care about their fan base and know how to both make more money AND please.
  • CG: In today's The Mandalorian Season 2 finale, Mando is revealed to be the one who started the Resistance
  • Edit. I beat every single tier. And did all except the last 2 undersized. And i will recieve 0 of the 6 dot slicing materials.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    Just watch the new Mandalorian episode. That's SW content run by people who care about their fan base and know how to both make more money AND please.

Also it’s run by a company that charges people monthly for access to the content instead of relying on 0.001% of customers.
  • Every emotion I want to express has already been conveyed, so pointless... Do you really want the community to hate you after so much good will has finally been received? #1 question that should have been asked by you're PMs is how will this be recieved, and is the potential financial outcome worth it?

Not a single PERSON is going out and farming for beskar Mando to complete the GC feats... So you literally just screwed over the vast majority of the player base for what gain? Anyone could tell you financially speaking there will be a negligible benefit to adding beskar Mando as a feat.

So thank you CG for showing us once again who you are.
  • Seriously CG what the hell is wrong with you? Just why? This is one of your more underhanded moments and there had been a few over the last few years.
  • Yeah, this was such and greedy and sucky move:(
  • Darion wrote: »
    Every emotion I want to express has already been conveyed, so pointless... Do you really want the community to hate you after so much good will has finally been received? #1 question that should have been asked by you're PMs is how will this be recieved, and is the potential financial outcome worth it?

Not a single PERSON is going out and farming for beskar Mando to complete the GC feats... So you literally just screwed over the vast majority of the player base for what gain? Anyone could tell you financially speaking there will be a negligible benefit to adding beskar Mando as a feat.

So thank you CG for showing us once again who you are.

That’s not how a business case works in my opinion. The question would be whether there is a risk to the expected revenue because the decision is perceived negatively.

And you gave the answer yourself. The GC feat is a boon for people who unlock Beskar Mando and to a much lesser degree an incentive for others to invest.

GC have enough data to determine the risk. Obviously it’s low. Also they don’t care about image and reputation in the way you assume. First and foremost they cater to the heavy spenders.
  • I guess if Ahnald has a R8 Beskar then we all should.... CG Logic

Ahnaldt doesnt farm any characters like we do.
    He just buy every since 7* character day one
  • StratosF34r
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Legit wrote: »

It’s easy without Rey. JTR, BB8, 3PO, R2, Vet Han. Geos never took a turn on T7.

Like he said above.T7 was easy even with RJT. Cleared it with just this.
    6gj235ks1gos.jpg

• Hey CG, this Beskar Mando feat is a pretty low move. But, i personally think it nicely summarizes this year, so kudos for that.
  • Wonder which brainwave thought that gate up.
    I'm not sure a few extra mod pieces in GC would be incentive enough for someone to see the GC feat, go buy IG-11 and Kuill shards and then gear an entire squad + Beskar Mando. I'm sure they would have done it anyway prior to GC starting.

So why gate the 99%
  • Congrats on having a Galactic legend to even beat the last few tiers, what speed are them geos at? 500?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    The GC feat is a boon for people who unlock Beskar Mando and to a much lesser degree an incentive for others to invest.

The problem is they catered for the big spenders at the expense of the other players. I think people would have (significantly) less problem if reward for that feat was extra. But taking away existing reward? They are risking angry people boycotting spending.
  • This decision they have made to include the besker mando feat just seems to show contempt for the majority of their player base. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when they were making the decision to include this feat.
    Anyway I have spent alot of money on this game over the last few years but this move has **** me off so much that I will be closing my wallet to you for good! Well done CG and merry xmas to you
  • Zaph0dd wrote: »
    Congrats on having a Galactic legend to even beat the last few tiers, what speed are them geos at? 500?

You don't need a GL. I undersized it with JTR, R2, C3P0 and BB8. The Geos don't get a turn.

I threw in Rey as fifth for the Full Resistance feat, but any fifth would do.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Thanks, CG, for saving my money. I sometimes start toying with the idea of spending a bit, but before I actually do, there is usually some move like this that convinces me to keep my wallet shut. That means less mobile gaming money and more beer money, which is good. Well, if there was a way to make a good use of the beer money these days...
  • Zhangster
    606 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Obviously, I want to start off with a big disclaimer as SWGOH is technically property of CG and Lucasfilm and Disney, so I really have no say in this and CG absolutely has the power to ignore this and shut down the game tomorrow if they wanted to. I'm also just a player in this game, and the recent issue really triggered the free-to-play spirit of the game inside of me. I also don't want to turn this into a match where CG and the players are at odds with each other, as the point of this forum is to negotiate now that the mistake has been made so both parties don't end up taking extreme actions on the other.

I think initially when Mod Tier 6 materials were released in a controlled manner in Galactic Challenge, both the player base and CG came to an agreement that the distribution was designed to level the playng field between the free-to-play community, and the crystal spenders. This was seen as a positive. However, with the release of this Galactic Challenge, specifically with a feat that requires the unlock of Mando (Beskar Armor), this agreement to this level-playing field is challenged. As you see, unless you have 30k+ crystals lying around, you would need to spend $$$ to get Kuill and IG11 to 7*, assuming you have the others at 7* already, if you want to earn the red T7 chest instead of the gold T6 chest of this GC. Secondly, this GC was supposed to offer bonuses to Resistance characters in the days leading up to the event. However, this feat offer bonuses to Scoundrel characters (specific ones, I might add), which favors only those who read the code to see thing coming up. Thirdly, apparently we are getting news that the next GC will have similar requirements.

If CG still doesn't see that this violates the level-playing field between f2p players and whales, just ask yourself, how does one get Mando (Beskar Armor) unlocked without spending $$$. The answer, unless you happen to have 30k+ crystals stored up, I don't think so. I understand, CG, that you probably look down on all those f2p players as "leeches" sucking on a project powered by "whales", but this is a game for all.

Now, let's move on. Maybe somebody in the CG dev team got too carried away working their blood, sweat, and tears on the Mando (Beskar) event and decided to "reward" those who worked hard to earn him with this exclusive access to red chest, but didn't realize that nobody in the f2p community could and would (with the current Cantina drop rate of the shards for IG11 or Kuill) be able to complete it, effectively locking all f2p players from reaching the red chest that they otherwise would have if another feat (like "Calculated Risk" feat where not losing a player) was in its place. OR, if we get no word on this issue, us players are going to assume this was intentional, and that the agreement of Galactic Challenge being a level-playing field between f2p players and whales is now violated.

Unfortunately, it may be too late for you to remove these feats (and you would have known this in far advance). IOS and Android would probably be too late to respond. But you could offer the extra reward making the difference between red T7 and the gold T6 chest for this and the next GC as well as 3 chewy shards as compensation following the update to all players affected.

Ofc, you could also choose to ignore this forum, for which Darth Vader would be most displeased.
  • Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    I'm suggesting new feats:
    win a match with The Mandalorian crew
    complete mission inflicting 100 thermal detonators //for 5 Jawas
    Defeat beasts with Mandalorian Beska Armor and Boba Fett
    Inflic 25 DOT with Tuskens and Mandalorian Beskar Armor
    Use 4 Galactic Legends to win (can only be grouped for this event)
    Use at least 5* Armorer with Mandalorian Beskar Armor to Defeat all enemies (you can acquire her the day before GC)
    Use relic 8 character to win a match
    Unlock 10 chromium packs
    Use $100 for purcheses
    =D
This discussion has been closed.