Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    ShawDou wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    So according to recent data-mine it looks like after next GC, there will be no more Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) feat.

You would expect it is good thing?

Nah looks like every other GC will now instead be pure Mandalorian focused. So instead of one small feat giving 2-3 points per tier needing Mandalorian, there will be one main feat giving 4-6 point per tier needing to clear stage with full Mandalorian team.

I have no words.

The player modifier faction is Mandalorian, so....

But it is 2x Mandalorian in the span of 3 rounds. Which never happened before. And from current development, there is no reason to expect something else, than GC being Mandalorian faction ever other round.

So?

People complained that they didn't want Beskar Mando feat when the GC is not about scoundrel faction, so they rectified that

CG is free to decide which faction GC to run, and how often. We've had other factions repeat a lot of times in the past, this is no different

We never had same faction 2x in the 3 rounds. So yes this is different.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    @Kyno btw any why reason my post was merged? Since it is not about Mandalorian (Beskar) feat. But new Mandalorian faction feat which is way worse.

How is it way worse? We don't need to panic farm two toons in time anymore

Not to mention that right now, our whole 8 Mandalorians (with mixed tags of 4 scoundrels (3 without bescar), 2 Empire, 1 Phoenix, 1 OR, 2 Bounty hunters) dont really have much synergy with each other with exception of The Armorer who can kind of lead them together, and we cant even farm her yet.

You can still use her lead, just like how you could use Bastila's lead at 3* g11, she has a similar lead, plus we still don't know if the mando GC's are easy enough or not

Like you said, they don't have any strong synergy, so the challenges aren't going to be that difficult, as of this moment
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    So according to recent data-mine it looks like after next GC, there will be no more Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) feat.

You would expect it is good thing?

Nah looks like every other GC will now instead be pure Mandalorian focused. So instead of one small feat giving 2-3 points per tier needing Mandalorian, there will be one main feat giving 4-6 point per tier needing to clear stage with full Mandalorian team.

I have no words.

The player modifier faction is Mandalorian, so....

But it is 2x Mandalorian in the span of 3 rounds. Which never happened before. And from current development, there is no reason to expect something else, than GC being Mandalorian faction ever other round.

So?

People complained that they didn't want Beskar Mando feat when the GC is not about scoundrel faction, so they rectified that

CG is free to decide which faction GC to run, and how often. We've had other factions repeat a lot of times in the past, this is no different

We never had same faction 2x in the 3 rounds. So yes this is different.

didn't we have a scoundrel GC for an entire month?
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Kyno btw any why reason my post was merged? Since it is not about Mandalorian (Beskar) feat. But new Mandalorian faction feat which is way worse.

Not to mention that right now, our whole 8 Mandalorians (with mixed tags of 4 scoundrels (3 without bescar), 2 Empire, 1 Phoenix, 1 OR, 2 Bounty hunters) dont really have much synergy with each other with exception of The Armorer who can kind of lead them together, and we cant even farm her yet.

You can still use her lead, just like how you could use Bastila's lead at 3* g11, she has a similar lead, plus we still don't know if the mando GC's are easy enough or not

Like you said, they don't have any strong synergy, so the challenges aren't going to be that difficult, as of this moment

Source?
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Kyno btw any why reason my post was merged? Since it is not about Mandalorian (Beskar) feat. But new Mandalorian faction feat which is way worse.

Source?
    We've had zero GC where the player faction hasn't been able to win... Even without the armorer, we have a Faction Modifier to help us out with
  • Ultra wrote: »

Source?
    We've had zero GC where the player faction hasn't been able to win... Even without the armorer, we have a Faction Modifier to help us out with

if the player faction is adequately relic'd and geared. Also, all the previous factions (except scoundrels bc there's just too many possibilities for it) have had outstanding synergy. The Mandalorians don't have any. Sabine shines with Pheonix, the two Empire toons are Empire toons, Beskar isn't even a Bounty Hunter so on the off chance you do have him, well it's not gonna do you alot of good.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

Source?

if the player faction is adequately relic'd and geared. Also, all the previous factions (except scoundrels bc there's just too many possibilities for it) have had outstanding synergy. The Mandalorians don't have any. Sabine shines with Pheonix, the two Empire toons are Empire toons, Beskar isn't even a Bounty Hunter so on the off chance you do have him, well it's not gonna do you alot of good.
    MODIFIER_MANDALORIAN_DESC
    Whenever a Mandalorian ally takes damage, all Mandalorian allies gain a stack of Clan Loyalty, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. If there is exactly one non-Mandalorian ally at the start of battle, that ally also gains Clan Loyalty if they are not in the Leader slot. Allies with Clan Loyalty have a 50% chance to assist when another ally attacks during an enemy's turn (limit once per turn), dealing 95% less damage.

Clan Loyalty: +1% Max Protection and counter chance, -1% damage penalty when assisting

There is the mando synergy, aside from The Armorer, argue as much as you want, but I think its premature to complain about it before trying without the armorer to see if its possible or not

Unlike the Beskar Mando feat, this doesn't seem to be paywalled imo since there are a few Mandos outside of Armorer that FTP can gear up or have geared up for it
  • Please remove Besskar Mando from feats, it really just ruins the game mode
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    He's going to be removed starting with Galactic Challenges in Feb
  • And replaced with Armourer
  • Moechenche wrote: »
    Please remove Besskar Mando from feats, it really just ruins the game mode
    And replaced with Armourer

Not Armorer, but looks like to be replaced with clear it with Full mandalorian team feats every other GC.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Moechenche wrote: »
    Please remove Besskar Mando from feats, it really just ruins the game mode
    And replaced with Armourer

Not Armorer, but looks like to be replaced with clear it with Full mandalorian team feats every other GC.

Which pretty much means the Armorer if you want a full synergy, and we know what the top tiers usually look like. The closest thing without her is MBA lead scoundrels with Mando, Jango, Canderous, and someone, which isn't much better for those who didn't focus MBA.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    Which part of this GC is not canon?
    I guess I missed the part where official canon has angthing to do with bonuses on a holotable in a phone game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    actually the new gc is more stupid than ever.
    Bonus are applied which are out of fantasy and complete nonsense.

Wow. But the stupidity is ever recircled, so what.

its not longer a star wars game but an EA fantasy game. Which i do not want to play as it is fully out of any canon. Which should be valued, or they can rename it to CG Fantasy trash pile.

You mean it's so stupid because Palp+Vader is running circles around Padme like they always do?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Itsa_me_Malario
    1308 posts Member
    edited January 2021

its not longer a star wars game but an EA fantasy game. Which i do not want to play as it is fully out of any canon. Which should be valued, or they can rename it to CG Fantasy trash pile.

Yeah like padme killing Palpatine would be canon, or how about bounch of clones killing entire sith teams
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »

Yeah like padme killing Palpatine would be canon, or how about bounch of clones killing entire sith teams

Good thing this isn't canon. It's a video game about a video game inside a fantasy movie series.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

Good thing this isn't canon. It's a video game about a video game inside a fantasy movie series.

Yup
  • NicWester wrote: »

Yup

Eh, sorry, you know how it is--when there's a sufficient amount of outlandish fan complaints it becomes harder and harder to separate out the parody complaints. My bad.
  • Bait and switch provides little incentive for GAC rewards
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    What was the bait and switch part exactly?
  • TVF wrote: »

They said it would be galactic, but since this is in a galaxy far, far away it is actually INTERgalactic challenges.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

They said it would be galactic, but since this is in a galaxy far, far away it is actually INTERgalactic challenges.

It's both Intergalactic and Planetary.

Also it's both Planetary and Intergalactic.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Anyone who is reading this and didnt start singing beastie boys is dead to me.
  • I bought the armorer pack bring her to 4* because its easier to farm when she comes to node.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Anyone who is reading this and didnt start singing beastie boys is dead to me.

I'm the one who has been banging on for Ello Asty to be added since 2015.
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    The other thing is ... small spending is not any more rewarded. Lets say you buy a pack. For the armorer or ig11 or whatever and get him to 4*. What is the benefit? None. Because you will not get anything out of it for GC. You need g12 to r5, depending on what the GC difficulty is. So ... you simply do not buy any toons any more if you cannot get them to 7*.

Wow. So mini spenders, dolphins and sometimes whales can be f2p because cg doesnt care. Interesting change of policy.

These small packs are usually pretty cost effective once you factor in the crystals. It's $19.99 (US) for 30 shards and 1350 crystals, which are a $9.99 value in and of themselves. 30 shards represents about 3 weeks of farming without refreshes, which means you're basically paying $10 to save three weeks and another $10 for a bunch of crystals. With refreshes it'll take less time to recoup those 30 shards, but it'll cost you in crystals.

That's not a bad deal, tbh.

Plus, with a character like Armorer or IG-11, you're getting solid use from them even at low star counts and G11. You won't use them in arena, sure, but elsewhere they have utility. For instance this GC, or frankly this GAC if you had two supporting characters per team.

This discussion has been closed.