Beskar Mandalorian feats [MERGE]

Replies

• I would be very interested in why it is necessary to have Beskar Mando to get the max rewards for the Galactic War Challenge. I cannot see the link between Resistance and Mando.

a, Has the Resistance tag been forgotten? This could very well be and it would follow the Mando mess-up tradition.
    (Note: Having only 2 LS BHs makes both toons completely useless in TB as BHs live on fulfillment of their contract).

b, Is it simply just to bully the player base (and force them to spend money on IG-11 and Kuiil)?
  • Requiring a 2 day old Journey Character to hit top GC rewards, way to flush all the good will you’ve built up with the player base CG! Shiny Armor Mando doesn’t even fit with the theme (Resistance!?), which makes it a naked cash grab. I don’t often post here, but this is such a monumental misstep I had to participate in the conversation. Why CG? Whhyyyyyyy!?! You did such a good job turning a corner with your players, and then you shake them down in an alleyway. And where is our new community manager? I guess Doja only communicates when there’s good news...nothing has changed.
  • Andybrules wrote: »
    It is stupid and the difficulty is stupid. I can't beat tier 5 with 2 r7 and 3 r5 resistance toons. What the hell is up with that.

how could you not beat it? my 1 r2 and 4g12 resistance made it through all the stages. its all about keeping the expose train rolling.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    th3evo wrote: »
    th3evo wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    So only whales can do it this time, so what? He's going to be very easily obtainable on an accelerated schedule with an easy event and then we'll all have him going forward. It will be fine.

His event is not the issue

This. The concern/frustration is over the precedent. Top GC rewards will now be locked behind the newest, hardest to acquire toon/faction.

If true, then I agree. But it hasn't happened yet.

But it just did

And it's very likely going to happen again next week.

It's already in the datamine that it's happening again.

You need to hit a damage threshold with Beskar Mando.

I know. I'm just giving them the benefit of the doubt if they decide to change their plans.
    well i made the thread Wednesday, and that didn't deter them from changing their plans for today's GC

Just accept it
  • Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett you want people to sing your virtues? We know you knew this was coming. You should have had ample time to have a prepared response. So when we get nothing I hope this is a light bulb moment for all these people who think you walk on water.

Doja is in charge of PR and communications; he is not a programmer, and has no control over what decisions the devs/execs make. It is his job to "put spin" on what they do, so while I get that you are upset with the dev's actions, Doja is not the one to attack. IMO Doja has been a great community manager amid a dark time with a lot of unpopular decisions by the devs. Let's not shoot the messenger.

That said, this was a pretty shady move from the devs, and as many have said, it's better to reward spenders from a PR (and encouraging spending) point of view than it is to punish 90+% of the playerbase.
  • Porgalicious
    73 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Asylumwar8 wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett you want people to sing your virtues? We know you knew this was coming. You should have had ample time to have a prepared response. So when we get nothing I hope this is a light bulb moment for all these people who think you walk on water.

There won't be a response. If history has taught us anything is that CG dumps a load on the player base and ignores the uproar which, will inevitably die down when the base is distracted by a pittance of a "gift" from the Devs. Rinse and repeat. The only thing that gets CGs attention is money from the whales and krakens and I have my suspicions that the drop rates and including Bando in feats was to pacify them. It also wouldn't surprise me to see a congratulatory post from Doja in the self masturbatory congrats thread about beating a feat in LS GEO TB, but there will nothing here, or in any other thread. I get that it's an enterprise to earn CG/EA/The House of Mouse money - but they seem to focus primarily on the big spenders, which is their right. It's also my right to stop spending competely. It won't make a difference to them and I'm okay with that.
  • This is the way whale!
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    well i made the thread Wednesday, and that didn't deter them from changing their plans for today's GC

Just accept it

That's a fair point. I didn't realize the thread was this old.
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Just accept it

And this right here is why CG does what CG does, because too many people accept it. The closing of wallets will be the only thing CG is going to hear, all our posts are meaningless.

You kinda missed the point? I said that I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt if they decide to change their minds about the feats and Ultra just said that they won't and that I shouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt.
  • Asylumwar8 wrote: »

I wouldn’t expect him to comment on this thread. This was a shady move and everyone knows it. There is no spin or defense of this move. None at all.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    It's such a shame that CG is doing so many cash grabs in the middle of a financial crisis due to covid-19 lockdowns.

Its a shame that my local grocery store is demanding money for food
  • A new low. Not surprised.
  • R3 JTR, R5 3PO, R3 VetHan, G11 R2, and G11 BB8... 3 of 5 of them dead before getting a turn, last 2 dead after 1 turn

People sayin they do it with less and Geos never get a turn.... How ?
  • @CG_Doja_Fett I have to admit going radio silent when your job is about community involvement and communication is not a good look.
  • dhwo wrote: »
    I would be very interested in why it is necessary to have Beskar Mando to get the max rewards for the Galactic War Challenge. I cannot see the link between Resistance and Mando.

Because kitten you and all you hold dear.
  • That said, this was a pretty shady move from the devs, and as many have said, it's better to reward spenders from a PR (and encouraging spending) point of view than it is to punish 90+% of the playerbase.

There was time when I paid to support this game. And it was precisely the above. And then they flipped to the latter. That's when the wallet closed to the game. Now it's spent on wine that I usually consume while playing and posting. Much better use of the money. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »
    R3 JTR, R5 3PO, R3 VetHan, G11 R2, and G11 BB8... 3 of 5 of them dead before getting a turn, last 2 dead after 1 turn

Its very easy with JTR, seems like you aren't fast enough to go first.

BB8 wiggle, jtr daze brute. R2 burn. That should get TM train going and R2 can keep exposes on them all to lower their TM.

• Ultra wrote: »
    DarthKelin wrote: »
    dhwo wrote: »
    I would be very interested in why it is necessary to have Beskar Mando to get the max rewards for the Galactic War Challenge. I cannot see the link between Resistance and Mando.

a, Has the Resistance tag been forgotten? This could very well be and it would follow the Mando mess-up tradition.
    (Note: Having only 2 LS BHs makes both toons completely useless in TB as BHs live on fulfillment of their contract).

b, Is it simply just to bully the player base (and force them to spend money on IG-11 and Kuiil)?

It’s an extra slap in the face. CG promised us a decent farm. Gave us the worst farm this game has ever had then whale gated the GC. TONE DEAF CROOKS

Its the best farm so far

I am far too lazy (and bad at math) to figure this out, but I'd be curious if how long a normal Galactic Chase at 4% drop rate + delay time would take compared to the 1% per character with no delay. Or at least how close could you get and what you'd have to make up in shipment purchases if you were so inclined. I bet they're fairly similar - and I bet CG knows that too. But I digress.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    R3 JTR, R5 3PO, R3 VetHan, G11 R2, and G11 BB8... 3 of 5 of them dead before getting a turn, last 2 dead after 1 turn

My guess is that you don't have "Wait for Me!" zeta on C3PO, zeta on Rey's "Insight" and/or you have slow mods. In this GC you get 10% TM whenever a resistance ally gets a buff. With those two zetas it's instant 30% TM.
    EDIT: Also BB8 gives droid allies 8% for each droid so you are getting another 24%. So that's up to 54% TM just by starting the battle.
    Nevermind the crossed info that's wrong. The character that gets the buff gets that 10% TM.
  • Galactic challenges have been a cake walk, I can always finish them all and get all those slicing rewards that you can't get anywhere else in the game, which is nice. Until this one, but not because of any "challenge" the event provides.

Why is a brand new legendary character that requires thousands and thousands of crystals to obtain at this point required for the last 16 points to get the best reward? How is this a challenge, other than requiring someone to spend a ton of money? This is a new low for a company full of lows. I knew these prize boxes were going to be fishy, and here's the first catch.
    3hdx2j9i1n4o.jpg
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    DarthKelin wrote: »
    dhwo wrote: »

It’s an extra slap in the face. CG promised us a decent farm. Gave us the worst farm this game has ever had then whale gated the GC. TONE DEAF CROOKS

Its the best farm so far

I'm sorry, what?!
    I've done 94 SIMs on a 16 energy node so far and got a drop rate of 24% for Kuiil and 11% for IG. Let's say I had bad luck with IG and the average for both is 20%. That means we'd get less than 140 shards in those 21 days with three refreshes per day. Of course, this let's us unlock a character faster than with a hard node, but 20% drop rate is bad. The drop rate for the imperial bomber was three times as high

4 times as high but yes, the imperial bomber had better drop rates but shorter duration

With the GC then additive drop structure, we had 60 shards beforehand, and then the farm afterwards for 3 weeks

Its 6 shards per day for 21 days, so at the end, before they go farmable in hard nodes, an average player is getting 60 + 6*21 = 186 shards

That is pretty good, and as good as Galactic Chase, if not better

You can do just as well with Galactic Chase if you hoard energy and go to 200 crystal refreshes
  • arbster wrote: »
    Let's give them the benefit of the doubt here. I'm sure @CG_Doja_Fett will come along soon and tell us this was a mistake and wasn't intended; maybe even patched. Even CG wouldn't be this mean and underhanded, especially this close to the holiday period. They wouldn't want to throw away all the goodwill and positive community sentiment that they've so carefully built up in recent weeks.

Right...?

Wrong
  • Hi EA/CG Folks,

I don't think it's very player friendly that you added the: This is the Way paywall to the Galactic Challenge. Just a few days after Beskar Armor Mando is out in the wild.

I also don't see how that makes sense from a lore kind of view?
    He is not a resistance character so it has nothing to do with bonus for Resistance.

So why did you do that?
  • Hi EA/CG Folks,

I don't think it's very player friendly that you added the: This is the Way paywall to the Galactic Challenge. Just a few days after Beskar Armor Mando is out in the wild.

I also don't see how that makes sense from a lore kind of view?
    He is not a resistance character so it has nothing to do with bonus for Resistance.

So why did you do that?

Money.
    money...
    more money
    Being a Christmas Scrooge.
  • Konju
    1176 posts Member
    Deany123 wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Just accept it

And this right here is why CG does what CG does, because too many people accept it. The closing of wallets will be the only thing CG is going to hear, all our posts are meaningless.

Actually these posts are worth plenty. As a new player starting this game I would look at threads like this and be instantly discouraged from dropping any significant amount of money into the game

Good. Don’t. It will only end in disappointment AND less money.
  • I can’t believe that you would make Beskar a requirement for events! He’s what, 2-3 days old, yet I have to have him a 7 * just to try to get a mod upgrade part? ....by the way, that was also pretty messed up changing out the rewards into crates that force us to jump through hoops to try to get rewards.

By making the game ‘more challenging’ for the wallet warriors, you are also killing the fun for those of us with lesser wallets by adding yet another layer of frustration.
This discussion has been closed.