GAS P4. What a joke.

MasterJackson
19 posts Member
edited December 2020
Watched the videos, followed their guidelines, tried nearly 200 times so far and not even close to how easy they made it look. All G12 like they said... working on relics anyway. The RNG in this game is outrageously stupid. I dont even think EA has any idea how the RNG works. Freaking stupid.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    Watched the videos, followed their guidelines, tried nearly 200 times so far and not even close to how easy they made it look. All G12 like they said... working on relics anyway. But wow ****. The RNG in this game is outrageously stupid. I dont even think EA has any idea how the RNG works. Freaking stupid.

Don't trust the videos for Gen Sky. Alot of them boast how 'easy' it is with really weak droids but much like those ppl unlocking 3PO with g9 ewoks, they're only showing you one battle out of thousands they attempted.
  • Options
    I'm sure they tried tons of times too. But it seems like I should be doing much better. Also, the amount of counters and assists the clones do is insane in actual battle compared to what I've seen in videos. I want to say they made changes since most of those videos were made. Very misleading and **** of EA to make the game that much harder, also fighting against the **** RNG that is outrageously inconsistent.
  • Options
    Relic B1 and Droideka are pretty much necessary. Even then it’s extremely difficult. And it’s very important to get droideka’s speed perfect as well as the rng of him assisting. He needs to be able to get his shield up before Gas crits him and reduces his cool downs.
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Relic B1 and Droideka are pretty much necessary. Even then it’s extremely difficult. And it’s very important to get droideka’s speed perfect as well as the rng of him assisting. He needs to be able to get his shield up before Gas crits him and reduces his cool downs.
    Plz don't use the term "difficulty" for this game. There's barely any difficulty in swgoh, 99,9% is either gear grind, rng or a combination of both. Difficulty implies that we players could have control on what's going on in the fight, while -especially in this very case- in fact we do not.

• Options
    I've followed the modding/speed/crit avoid that the videos say to do. Droideka always goes first, but it hardly ever happens in the same sequence they say its supposed to after that.
  • Options
    The videos are best for the modding to reduce RNG. That’s really it. The bright side of using relics for this event is that it builds up a very strong sep droid team for TW, TB and GAC. All the zetas are crucial aside from Magnaguard and Asajj. B1 and B2 are absolutely a must and droideka’s is great for assists.
    I wish I could give you a rock solid strategy but the only thing I can offer is pour some rum to ease the RNG pain and have a kill order of 5’s, Echo, Rex, Arc.
  • Options
    Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Plz don't use the term "difficulty" for this game. There's barely any difficulty in swgoh, 99,9% is either gear grind, rng or a combination of both. Difficulty implies that we players could have control on what's going on in the fight, while -especially in this very case- in fact we do not.

Bitter??? Lol Why do you play then? If you have no control besides opening your wallet or grinding, then what’s the point? Your comment is very snide and dismissive of the fact that skill and strategy are just as important as luck and a wallet.
  • Options
    I can see the no skill point. Relying on RNG to work in your favor is not skill. Strategy yes, but again, depends on RNG. Gearing up guys helps eliminate RNG, but again.... still dependent.
  • Options
    Also, what is the point of the crit avoid arrow if Gen Sky is still gonna do 30k damage every time. 4 hits and my B2 is done.... **** useless.
  • Options
    I can see the no skill point. Relying on RNG to work in your favor is not skill. Strategy yes, but again, depends on RNG. Gearing up guys helps eliminate RNG, but again.... still dependent.
    If RNG is too much of a factor then you need need more gear/relics, better modding &/or better tactics.
    Also, what is the point of the crit avoid arrow if Gen Sky is still gonna do 30k damage every time. 4 hits and my B2 is done.... **** useless.
    Crit avoidance simply reduces the attacker's crit chance. How useful it is depends on how high the attacker's crit chance was to begin with.

Just FYI, promoting a crit avoidance arrow to 6-dot boosts its primary stat from 24% to 35%, a significant improvement.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    I usually like Skellturix's videos, but the issue I have with the GAS one is the claim of "all g12" is unsupported. In the video, there is a g13 b1, but Skellutrix says it doesn't matter. Yet when I look at GAC opponent's rosters, the ones who have GAS and lower overall gear Separatists seem to have a g13 b1 in common.

The other thing to keep in mind is that Skellutrix seems to have a pretty great collection of mods. But even the Skellutrix video admits to a ton of RNG conditions--not only landing all Droideka assists, but also Echo not removing the damage immunity. The latter almost never happens for me. Especially if you're trying to take out Fives first during the topple.

I think while the video is to suggest it *could* be done with g12, you're going to save yourself a lot of headache by bringing one or more of those droids to relic 1-3.
  • Options
    It's just frustrating that it should/could be a certain way but the game is so dependent on RNG that no skill is even involved. Just time and or money. The potential for it to be done with g12 seems elusive considering the game changed after those videos were made. They def need to update those vids for people. Relic up is the only option. I also hate how wildly inconsistent the game is. One try I can get 5s down and almost another, next try I get smoked
  • Options
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Why are people so relucdant to gear ggs droids?
    The same reason they attempt to use under-geared squads and then complain about RNG: they don't understand the game they're playing.
  • Options
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    The same reason they attempt to use under-geared squads and then complain about RNG: they don't understand the game they're playing.

I mean, ggs droids are great, tb, gac, under most sep leads they are beast, yet people want to undergear them, then complain
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

I wouldn't say people like to complain or they don't understand the game. I think it's the frustation talking. Farming all those toons to meet the requirements, and when you get there and feel like GAS is within reach, you realize you are going to need a lot more farming.

I'm exactly in this situation and have adjusted my farming accordingly. I was prepping for JKLS and GAS simultaneously. When I had access to the GAS event and realized that with G12 toons I wasn't going to make it, I switched the focus to getting ready for JKLS (checking if the requirements are enough to beat the event, which they are btw).

Now I will unlock JKLS soon, gear him, then gear B1 and Droideka to R3-R4 and hope that's enough to get GAS
  • MasterJackson
    19 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I have all g12, Zetad, droideka g12 relic 3. Still getting smoked. Kitten this game, kitten the RNG. Its kitten annoying dealing with a game that changes constantly. Theres no skill and hardly any strategy. Stragety requires some consistency to execute attacks. Not hit the guy once and get bombarded with a furry of counters and assists up the wazoo. Each time is roughly the same as far as getting smoked. Sometimes I kill 5s, sometimes echo throws his EMP 3 times. Theres no telling and its kittens doing all the work to get here only.to have to kitten wait for the game to say ok, heres the RNG you perfectly need to make every correct move to beat this board. Kitten sick of the developers. Get your kittens together and make something use skill in this game. Kitten.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    From personal experience, G12 isn't enough. I reliced 4 of the 5 characters to eventually pass the phase. Honestly it's gear well spent anyway, as Sep Droids are worth the investment in other game modes.
  • Options
    I'm with you on GAS: VERY painful. Check out my post: Phase 4 Mods: it really IS all about RNG & the mods. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/238221/phase-4-mods-it-really-is-all-about-rng-the-mods#latest

Check out the post as I now has GAS, thanks to the help of this forum, YouTubers - but mainly to my Guildmates - Game of Clones: First Legion. BIG lessons:

P4 is all about the opening salvo, just like the Chewie event. If they Daze, Stun, or go after B2 or B1 and Magna doesn't taunt or counter, RESTART: you'll never win since Magnaguards counter is critical. If they go after Magnaguard and he counters, then you have your shot. Otherwise, back out and start over.

Stunning Rex is a MUST; in my experience, you will know RNG is with you when you take down GAS w/out using Droidekas middle ability (Reconstructive Revolution), saving it to one-shot Fives. THIS is one most videos don't pass along but I found it critical to conquering Phase 4.

Good luck!
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Watched the videos, followed their guidelines, tried nearly 200 times so far and not even close to how easy they made it look. All G12 like they said... working on relics anyway. But wow ****. The RNG in this game is outrageously stupid. I dont even think EA has any idea how the RNG works. Freaking stupid.

Don't trust the videos for Gen Sky. Alot of them boast how 'easy' it is with really weak droids but much like those ppl unlocking 3PO with g9 ewoks, they're only showing you one battle out of thousands they attempted.

Editing makes it really easy to look like you did in in a try or 2 when it really took 100. It's just pure RNG which is a pathetic design. I'm sure Someone has taken a lower end team in and the RNG simply went their way early, but for 99% of the people it's not going to work that way.

The point of the video's is simply to get clicks, someone being honest and having a 12 hr video showing it's pure RNG isn't going to get clicks because people inevitably believe there's an answer and the guy with 100 tries in his video isn't the answer they want.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    R5 B1, R5 Asajj, G12 + all 3 left side on the other 3 droids. Took about 30 minutes after moving mods around to match desired speeds and survivability. Went for a slow B1 with tons of offense.
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Finishing the event with all G12 is possible to do. But it’s extremely improbable even with great mods and strategy. The saving grace is that putting relics on the droids is “good GP inflation” in the sense that it’s a really solid team in many areas of the game. CG recommends having all the droids to R3 for the event; it shouldn’t surprise anyone that it’s really, really hard with a lot less than that.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    G12? Lol goodluck.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    I think it is YOU that does not understand RNG, or even how this game works. If you think it is all about skill and gear plays no part, then why not do the event at g7?

Oh right, that would be silly ...

Gear up, move out. And tilt the odds in your favor.

Edit: oops, duped by a necro. Silly me.
  • Options
    RNG RNG RNG RNG RNG
  • JaVinci
    10 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Definitely RNG dependent to get the win. Mods are also a huge factor and helped me get it done with just G12’s. I tried a few months back with similar mods that I used to beat it this time, took hundreds of attempts but couldn’t managed to get it. Had to move mods back for the upcoming GAC. When I had more time I gave it a shot again. I may have adjusted one or two mods this time around. Mostly RNG though.

kkg4vakvxg4b.jpeg
    xtdzn5rv3ra9.jpeg
    4svvr8jo1qrm.jpeg

Like many videos and others have mentioned, what worked for me was having Droideka at the right speed, CA arrows for B2 and Magna, and as much offense as possible on B1 and Droideka. I gave AV health sets to survive more. Fives-Echo-Arc/Rex kill order. Last two are dependent on TM/CD’s/HP left. Suggest arc trooper so you don’t get the damage immunity dispelled.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Everyone that made this event deserves every horrible thing that happens to them.
  • Options
    Just wait until his kit changes...
  • Options
    Just retried it after nerf. Completed first try on auto