GA Fleet Defense

I have a question about the Grand Arena 5v5 banner scheme. So, my opponent decided not to put in a fleet team on defense. Now I understand that this shorts them 100 banners right out of the gate. So instead of 370 banners (in my division) to start, they have 270. My question is, does this mean I cannot conquer the zone and cannot gain the other possible 72 banners for an offense win? So a player could theoretically forgo the 100 banners up front and prevent me from gaining 152 to 224 banners? Is this right or has anyone experienced this?

Replies

• Mordorman wrote: »
    I have a question about the Grand Arena 5v5 banner scheme. So, my opponent decided not to put in a fleet team on defense. Now I understand that this shorts them 100 banners right out of the gate. So instead of 370 banners (in my division) to start, they have 270. My question is, does this mean I cannot conquer the zone and cannot gain the other possible 72 banners for an offense win? So a player could theoretically forgo the 100 banners up front and prevent me from gaining 152 to 224 banners? Is this right or has anyone experienced this?

You get the max banners for the battle and the points for clearing the territory.
  • Okay so I'll get the full offense win and the conquer points as well?
    Okay so I'll get the full offense win and the conquer points as well?

Yes
  • You're awesome UdalCuain! Thanks for the feedback. Another question since you're here. Why would a player not set this up then? Theoretically, this move would give me an extra 100 banners plug maxed out banners for the offense win and the zone conquer.
  • *plus
    Okay so I'll get the full offense win and the conquer points as well?
    Provided you reach the zone. I don’t think you get these points if you don’t clear the zone in front of ships.
  • Okay. I'm positive I can clear the zone in front of it. I didn't want to give up a team though if I wasn't getting full points for the back zone.
    You're awesome UdalCuain! Thanks for the feedback. Another question since you're here. Why would a player not set this up then? Theoretically, this move would give me an extra 100 banners plug maxed out banners for the offense win and the zone conquer.

You wouldn't. They probably just forgot to finish. There's never an advantage to leaving your defense unfinished.
    You're awesome UdalCuain! Thanks for the feedback. Another question since you're here. Why would a player not set this up then? Theoretically, this move would give me an extra 100 banners plug maxed out banners for the offense win and the zone conquer.

You wouldn't. They probably just forgot to finish. There's never an advantage to leaving your defense unfinished.

Okay good to know. I've never seen this before so I was super confused. Thank you all for your feedback!