New GL speculation

Replies

• It need to be NEW FACTION like bounty hunter or scoundrel! I want Boba Fett or Jabba
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Unless a GL Jabba hits, I’m done with GLs after my next one. Just not fun, I’ll work on something enjoyable instead.

Jabba won’t be player obtainable toon at all

Is this certain? The only character I know of that recieved a hard no is Jek Porkins.
    Not that I would believe that we are getting Jabba, it's just that such a definitive claim should be backed up with some source.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Unless a GL Jabba hits, I’m done with GLs after my next one. Just not fun, I’ll work on something enjoyable instead.

Is this certain? The only character I know of that recieved a hard no is Jek Porkins.
    Not that I would believe that we are getting Jabba, it's just that such a definitive claim should be backed up with some source.

Yeah, according to ragingspaniard on reddit
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

Unless someone has a CG in front of their name, it’s always speculation when talking about a toon that’s not in the game.

RIP Porkens.
    458ygjn36p92.png

Take those comments however you like
  • Make sense!

Kenobi and Fallen Anakin?
    Kenobi and Maul?
    Kenobi and GG?
  • Sithlords_Inc
    384 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Reason why Kenobi and Anakin seems unlikely is that it would be strange to get another Jedi and Sith GL. Would be strange if Anakin got the separatist tag as well, seeing as he never worked with or for them. Same goes for Maul. Even as a huge GG fan I dont think he deserves the title GL, since his impact on the star wars galaxy is limited to one era where he only does Palpatines bidding, and theres not really any version of him that we dont have in the game (unless the cape is enough to qualify as a different version).
  • GL Kenobi and GL GG, nothing like two really strong characters getting GL status lol
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Not to be a party pooper, but if you search google for "galaxy note 10" (I recognized it from the leak because I have a note 10) you get this stock photo quite a ways down in the results

0sco8kxz8ptf.jpg

Rotate it 90 degrees and it matches up to the fake GK screenshot.

Seems like someone made a photoshop
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    Not to be a party pooper, but if you search google for "galaxy note 10" (I recognized it from the leak because I have a note 10) you get this stock photo quite a ways down in the results

0sco8kxz8ptf.jpg

I'm impressed with your detective work.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    Not to be a party pooper, but if you search google for "galaxy note 10" (I recognized it from the leak because I have a note 10) you get this stock photo quite a ways down in the results

0sco8kxz8ptf.jpg

Same here but I’m sad the speculation ended
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

0sco8kxz8ptf.jpg

It honestly wasn't that hard lol
    UdalCuain wrote: »

0sco8kxz8ptf.jpg

It honestly wasn't that hard lol

Regardless, I enjoy it when the bullpoop sometimes peddled by YT is stomped on efficiently.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    I think it's legit.

us9svue.png
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I hope we get at some point GL Revan with two lightsabers, red and purple.
  • Njdevi66 wrote: »
    I hope we get at some point GL Revan with two lightsabers, red and purple.

Revan has been done, and clearly KOTOR isn't too important to Disney.

Honestly if there's a GL Jar Jar, I will be the first to whale out on him/it
    Njdevi66 wrote: »

Even if he’s as bad as ur pfp
    Njdevi66 wrote: »

Even if he’s as bad as ur pfp

Lol, yeah SEE has issues, but, if they were to finally bring Jar Jar into the game (as a GL no-less), there's no way that GL Jar Jar is anything short of amazing and powerful. The community would hate it so much if they added such a controversial character, and then made him underperform, too.

What about GL Watto?

• I want GL Jar Jar and GL Watto.

1. Same movie/era.
    2. Light side/dark side.
    3. Both are controversial characters.
    4. Both were long overdue to come to the game anyway.

This could actually be a good opportunity for CG to add a new pod-racing game mode to the game. It could be similar to fleet arena, but pod-racing arena or something.

Like how ships have pilots in game, pod racers could have "mechanics". Watto and Jar Jar could both be mechanics. Jar Jar could actually apply a debuff called "Stuck Finger" where his finger gets stuck in the opponents pod and disables it temporarily. Watto could have buffs similar to Nute's "profit" debuff/buff but in reverse.

I wasn't personally a fan of the pod-racing stufd, but it IS a huge part of one of the main star wars movies, taking up nearly 1/2 of the whole movie. It's a big opportunity here to add more diversity to the game.
  • Ultimately it's up to what Disney wants to push - the mouse loves the money so that's where things will go. Have to follow that trail which means probably based around one of the upcoming shows. The most common sense answer to me would be some sort of Obi/Vader combo with the Ewan McGregor/Hayden Christensen setup. Either that or Ahsoka/Thrawn with her spinoff show. Maybe RONR or Bad Batch but I dunno about that.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Shaggalot wrote: »
    Ultimately it's up to what Disney wants to push - the mouse loves the money so that's where things will go. Have to follow that trail which means probably based around one of the upcoming shows. The most common sense answer to me would be some sort of Obi/Vader combo with the Ewan McGregor/Hayden Christensen setup. Either that or Ahsoka/Thrawn with her spinoff show. Maybe RONR or Bad Batch but I dunno about that.

Not talking about GLs in this case but...we don't have anything new Star Wars coming out this year until December. Which means the releases will almost certainly all be Mando S2 characters.

Does that mean a Mando GL? Unlikely - we already have JKL and BAM, and I don't see anyone likely to come out as a GL aside form those two.

My guess (following your line of thinking) is there will be minimal releases until the end of the year when they can build off the hype of the upcoming media content to generate more $$$
  • RTS wrote: »
    Shaggalot wrote: »
    Ultimately it's up to what Disney wants to push - the mouse loves the money so that's where things will go. Have to follow that trail which means probably based around one of the upcoming shows. The most common sense answer to me would be some sort of Obi/Vader combo with the Ewan McGregor/Hayden Christensen setup. Either that or Ahsoka/Thrawn with her spinoff show. Maybe RONR or Bad Batch but I dunno about that.

Not talking about GLs in this case but...we don't have anything new Star Wars coming out this year until December. Which means the releases will almost certainly all be Mando S2 characters.

Does that mean a Mando GL? Unlikely - we already have JKL and BAM, and I don't see anyone likely to come out as a GL aside form those two.

My guess (following your line of thinking) is there will be minimal releases until the end of the year when they can build off the hype of the upcoming media content to generate more $$$

I don't think they'll add a new GL for awhile, but I think Bad Batch is coming this spring? So we are definitely are getting new toons from that, hopefully a young fennec shand, then older version from book of boba fett. We might get a Mando GL from Season 3 with the spear. So I don't think we will be getting a GL soon, but new toons definitely. Maybe a legendary or something from the high republic books. Just cant see a GL coming anytime soon.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • I think the whole time Vader shouldve been a hero's journey if not GL. But we cant really get a new Vader when the one we already have is insanely good and very easy to get, and the fact that they haven't really left room for a new vader. But I think when Kenobi comes out we might get a new Vader/Kenobi duo if you will. Maybe even them as GLs. Who knows what the future holds? c4cb655cb55dee843962ee2cb928e79a.jpg
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • GL Mouse Droid.
  • Rebuc wrote: »
    GL Mouse Droid.

Which one?
  • I hope for a Nightsister GL with 86% evasion and 80% turn meter gain whenever she evades. Ahsoka lead ftw!
  • I hope for a Nightsister GL with 86% evasion and 80% turn meter gain whenever she evades. Ahsoka lead ftw!

Lol