See Ya Next Year

Prev1
Hello Holotable Heroes,

As we get ready for the holiday break, things will be quieting down from our side until we get back after the new year.

I wanted to take this time to say I very much appreciate the welcome I’ve received from the community. There’s been some highs and lows, but even during the “lows” I feel fortunate to be able to do what I do, and the biggest reason for that is, of course, you all.

My job is great when it’s easy and can be a little weird when it’s not-so-easy. But, overall I will continue to focus on the areas where I can make a difference and hopefully add something to the already amazing SWGoH community that you have helped to build. To that end, I’m optimistic 2021 will bring some new horizons for our community, including different ways of interacting with you all and highlighting what makes this game and its players so exceptional.

Wherever you’re at, and whomever you’re with, I hope the rest of this year brings good tidings and provides you the opportunity to hug someone you love.

‘Til next year...

Replies

• Im gonna hug my SEE. Happy Holidays!
  • All the best 👍
    Fix the new raid
  • Thank you and may the Force be with you and your family!
  • Doja, you have one of the hardest jobs out there and I appreciate you for what you do.

Can I ask for honesty in the new year? I know CG's main goal is to make money, and that's fine, but saying things like the Bando feat is an "experiment" is just downright insulting our IQ.

Oh and please no more GWR for awhile...pick someone that makes videos.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Happy holidays to you who is reading this post!
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

I'm a me who is reading this post!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Didn't know 2021 TVF was planning to be an italian plumber
  • Ultra wrote: »

He's got the crack for it
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

He's got the crack for it

blaspheme_blues_brothers.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You guys haven’t already started quieting down on your end? I assumed the tone deaf responses from crumb were already singalong that. Oh well.

All the best. Enjoy the extended vacation.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett a real need for the community is a crafting table. Those of us with no low gear toons cannot craft those pieces that give the best value when we are going to convert gear for relic materials.

That’s a huge QoL need.
  • Happy Holidays Doja!!!

I have alot of respect for you and your job; considerably less respect for your corporate overlords. The house of mouse wouldn't know a womp rat from a kowakian. Thanks for being here and putting up with us and trying to get our feelings through to said overlords. I'm sure it's especially difficult at times. May the Force be with you!
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Doja, you have one of the hardest jobs out there and I appreciate you for what you do.
    I think front line workers might be more worthy of your respect. If his job required pleasing us, that would make it one of the hardest jobs out there. As it is, If he doesn't get bent out of shape from our over-reactions, then it's a pretty easy job.
    Anyway, Happy Holidays to all!
  • Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to all!

Thanks to (almost) everyone for making this a community I love to engage with and a game I love to play!
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Happy holidays to everyone out there and cheers to another year of SWGOH!
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!

@CG_Doja_Fett you have been doing a wonderful job where you can. If you were a dev. as well, this game would be another level.

20200605_125025.gif
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Doja, you have one of the hardest jobs out there and I appreciate you for what you do.
    I think front line workers might be more worthy of your respect. If his job required pleasing us, that would make it one of the hardest jobs out there. As it is, If he doesn't get bent out of shape from our over-reactions, then it's a pretty easy job.
    Anyway, Happy Holidays to all!

OFC there is harder jobs, but you are right, I should have worded it differently. I meant within the CG sphere, being the face that has to interact with the community trying to tell us that CG cares is indeed a hard job, one could say even a deceitful one as we all know CG doesn't care about the community at all..I had a bunch more written about that but took it out due to the type of post.

Besides....Im past 23 years in the Navy, so I know first hand about being a front line worker.
  • Happy Holidays
  • Thanks Doja! Happy Holidays to you too!
  • no puns so only 9/10
  • Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!
  • Merry Christmas and Happy Holidaze!!!
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidaze!!!

Absolutely Stunning!

Must have used Zeb
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just a little suggestion for the future. Please don’t schedule a TW for Christmas Day. My guild has a hard enough time getting guys to participate as it is because the rewards are garbage and not worth the headache of having to look at the same map for 5 years. Also I know CG doesn’t believe in acknowledging worldwide major holidays but your competition does (that game that starts with M). Believe me a little charity and goodwill once in a while goes a long way.

@Johnnyreb1977 they have discussed this in a QA, there is "no Christmas" in the SW universe. Mavel takes place on earth where we do have Christmas.

If their not worth the headache then just don't participate, it's an optional event.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Just a little suggestion for the future. Please don’t schedule a TW for Christmas Day. My guild has a hard enough time getting guys to participate as it is because the rewards are garbage and not worth the headache of having to look at the same map for 5 years. Also I know CG doesn’t believe in acknowledging worldwide major holidays but your competition does (that game that starts with M). Believe me a little charity and goodwill once in a while goes a long way.

@Johnnyreb1977 they have discussed this in a QA, there is "no Christmas" in the SW universe. Mavel takes place on earth where we do have Christmas.

If their not worth the headache then just don't participate, it's an optional event.

An explanation that makes no sense when they're sell packs during this time of year labelled "festive" and "holiday". Since Christmas doesn't exist in Star Wars, what are these packs referring to then?

And no, I don't want an argument, I just wanted to say that they shouldn't say one thing when it comes to gifts and do the complete opposite when it comes to packs.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays everyone!
  • Christmas exists in as much as it makes cg money, duh
  • Kyno wrote: »

Regardless of christmas existing in the swgoh universe, this guy still has a point. Scheduling a TW on a holiday is just bad planning. My guild had the same issue, lots of ppl signed up but couldn't find the time to fully participate
  • YA next year.

Young Anakin confirmed.
    "The dark side, the light... both have merit. Why not half of each...?" - Harvey "Two-Face" Dent