Why The Holiday Bundle Expirations?

AyyJake
26 posts Member
edited December 2020
As a Marketing Major, the Bundle Expiration dates does not make much sense. @CG_Doja_Fett it makes the most sense to offer all these bundles up until the day after Christmas. Most people will be gifted gift cards, money from family, etc. So why are these great bundles expiring before Christmas? Does not make much sense to me, seems like CG is missing out on ALOT of money setting 24 hour expiration times.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Because it’s a marketing tactic... by introducing packs into the game and giving them an expiration they’re trying to incentivize people to spend on something that will disappear in 24 hours.
  • Maybe they will cover that next semester.
  • Honestly, I probably would have considered it two weeks ago. I've spent over $100 on games in 2020 - but none on swgoh. This dumpster fire of a ReRancor raid and the miscommunication around BAM event and GC requirements helped remind me why. The packs are fine - it's the game that's a poor value.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Because it’s a marketing tactic... by introducing packs into the game and giving them an expiration they’re trying to incentivize people to spend on something that will disappear in 24 hours.

That’s a marketing tactic, but it’s not a good one. For the people on the fence, they could of waited until the day after Christmas for it to expire. Would of made a lot more money.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s a real eff you that they offer holiday packs at all after saying they don’t celebrate xmas so we can’t get any gifts. Really, really stingey, even Raid: shadow legends one of the most predatory games gives out Xmas stuff and they are Jewish ffs.

Also, the packs are terrible for endgame players. The festive packs are exactly the same as the regular “mega relic bundles”. $160 and to get 1 character to r7? Kidding me?

At least make the festive packs better value

lol offering people things to buy on sale is an eff you. Amazing stuff.

Don't forget Jewish people giving away Xmas stuff.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    It’s a real eff you that they offer holiday packs at all after saying they don’t celebrate xmas so we can’t get any gifts. Really, really stingey, even Raid: shadow legends one of the most predatory games gives out Xmas stuff and they are Jewish ffs.

Also, the packs are terrible for endgame players. The festive packs are exactly the same as the regular “mega relic bundles”. $160 and to get 1 character to r7? Kidding me?

At least make the festive packs better value

lol offering people things to buy on sale is an eff you. Amazing stuff.

Don't forget Jewish people giving away Xmas stuff.

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you