Is the P4 event much easier with relic Asajj than people let on?

Lapys
2 posts Member
edited December 2020
One thing I've noticed about the guides is that they often have a high relic Asajj but then proclaim "Ah but you don't need her really." But then she does massive AoE damage and seems critical to dropping Anakin in single target unless you want to wait out on luck from Magnaguard counter-attacking and getting a bunch of Droideka assists. I've poured about 60 attempts into this event, and I feel no closer to completing it despite trying advice from various guides.

I have:
G12 Asajj, Magna
R3 zDroideka
R4 zB2, zB1

Modded B1 for Offense, Droideka for Offense and enough Speed to always go first, and Crit Avoidance arrows on B2 and Magna. Asajj is the only loose end in my lineup so far.

The best I've done is taken out two clones and got the other two low before losing.

Replies

• Options
    B-1 and Droideka should be giving you enough offense there. How is Magnaguard doing? I would guess he is your weak link from that lineup. I ended up pushing him to g13r0 for added durability.

g13 and a relic or 3 on Asaj isn't necessarily wasted but I wouldn't put too much money on it magically turning things around. It might be the tipping point for you or it might not.
  • Options
    tq2qe1t1yg7r.jpg

Just did it with this...other then in most guides i made assajj fast, that she goes 2nd after droideka. Then used her heal special first. It triggers droideka assist eventually but no counter from GAS. No Gamechanger but feel like it helped a lot with first topple.
  • Lapys
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    It's honestly a bit of a downer because I have more relics than others I've seen do it, but have now only ever gotten down to just GAS like twice with only Droideka left. I don't know what's not clicking for my roster. I can't tell if it's speed, damage, rng or what.

EDIT: Five attempts after this comment I got him. So really it was genuinely about a collective two hours worth of attempts getting the right RNG. Man this event is weird.
  • Options
    That's really the downer with this phase. I feel like its all about rolling a dice. Throwing tons of gear on it should make it easier but judging from other peoples posts it doesn't really. RNG has to shine perfectly and if it does maybe the all G12-Myth can become true.
    At least Sepdroids are not that bad Team to gear up, right?
  • Options
    Mods are very important, at least as much as relics.
    Mod B1 for offense & speed (I can exspress enough how this 2 important with him).
    Mod DD same as B1 just with more survivability.
    Mod B2 for mainly survivability & potency, but don't neglect speed & offense much.
    Mod Magna for survivability, speed & potency.
    Mod Asajj for whatever but if you have to than same as Magna.

I had almost the same relics as you (my DD was r4).
    At first I put r5 on B1, DD & B2
    The additional relic on B2 is not necessary, but the r5 on B1 & DD did help.
    Nevertheless, when I put the r4 on Magna (who was g12) that was the real tipping point.
  • Options
    Lapys wrote: »
    It's honestly a bit of a downer because I have more relics than others I've seen do it, but have now only ever gotten down to just GAS like twice with only Droideka left. I don't know what's not clicking for my roster. I can't tell if it's speed, damage, rng or what.

EDIT: Five attempts after this comment I got him. So really it was genuinely about a collective two hours worth of attempts getting the right RNG. Man this event is weird.

I was about to start typing to keep going cause you're so close. It's really A LOT of RNG for that event. I just unlocked him a few days ago and I was just as perplexed and frustrated as you seemed to be. I'm glad you finally unlocked him. Congrats!

• cboath7
    461 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    It's just pure RNG. I had i think R4 across the board and you get nuked repeatedly, then get really close to give you hope, then repeat until the RNG finally goes your way.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Options
    As with EVERY event in this game since ALWAYS, if you go in undergeared then you MIGHT win if RNGesus smiles on you. Players have been using this tactic since the first GMY event; see a million threads on "minimum gear required for xxxx."

Reduce reliance on holy blessings by adding gear; THIS IS THE WAY. Or pray and discount the whole thing as simply roulette.

I did not even attempt this event until all my pieces were reliced and guess what? It was difficult but really did not give me any grief because I was prepared.

If RNG is not your thing, find another game. But as the maker is my witness, quit complaining about it because the whole game is built on RNG.