R8 Crafting Discrepancy

Prev1
ql2jwselymja.jpg
ogckrg9jh8jc.jpg

Since both relic materials can be obtained by braking g12 gear, why the impulse detector can be crafter out of fully crafted pieces? Also we are missing a single piece of the g12 that can't be used anywere the armatech tactical data
nnwjexgpu2fl.jpg
I see this beeing intentional because most of us sit on a huge piles of them.
I know this is the last shiny new thing but the conversion rate is the worst and just that alone can make the difference between the old and new gear,and on top of the cost you need a lot more relic materials (around 250 pieces of g12 for 20 pieces of the new gear).
So why do we not have by now all the g12 pieces in full and in salvage as an option to craft the relic materials?

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    They said in the Q&A they couldn't add Mk 12 ArmaTek Tactical Data because of technical limitations with the scavenger

But those limitations were somehow solved when they wanted to add Impulse Detector and, they again, chose to not add Tactical Data on it when they had the opportunity
  • Yes, that “answer” they gave in the Q&A ranks pretty high up on the ladder of dissatisfactory answers the devs have ever given.

It’s perfectly obvious why they haven’t included that gear piece as a salvage option.
  • #whaleproblems
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    #whaleproblems

lol?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • @Gifafi

Permit me to translate:
    Sure, I can get from r7 to r8 any of a number of ways, but the most efficient possible path to r8 is barred by the rules governing the Cantina Scavenger.

Gosh, this is really horrible when I only have 6 different things I can salvage for r8 mats!

Yep. Sounds like #FirstWhaleProblems to me.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Its not a whale problem since every player, regardless of spending level, ends up accumulating a lot of ArmaTek Tactical Data since they are hardly used compared to other g12 gear
    @Gifafi

Permit me to translate:
    Sure, I can get from r7 to r8 any of a number of ways, but the most efficient possible path to r8 is barred by the rules governing the Cantina Scavenger.

Gosh, this is really horrible when I only have 6 different things I can salvage for r8 mats!

Yep. Sounds like #FirstWhaleProblems to me.

Whales wouldn't care if they only had 6 things to salvage since they can buy the mat or the 6 things needed, ftp would care more about having less salvage options since they can't just purchase what they need, but rather use up what they have
  • Its not a whale problem since every player, regardless of spending level, ends up accumulating a lot of ArmaTek Tactical Data since they are hardly used compared to other g12 gear

It's a whale problem since only a very, very few non-whale accounts are in a position where their guild has already completed enough RCT raids to be worried about r8.

The vast majority of people are not worried right now about which gear to salvage for r8 mats. Someday that will be a problem any persistent player - even FtP folks - will have to face. Just like someday there will be clean water everywhere in Africa & people will so take clean water for granted that instead of worrying about walking 30 minutes each way to a good well the can sit around and talk about which electric helicopters get the best range on a single charge. Saying that electrical helicopter range is a first world problem isn't to say that no one in Africa is worried about transportation or no one in Africa could use a dependable helicopter. What we're saying is that they're not at the point of worrying about that yet.

Likewise, the number of non-whales who are going to need to worry about which r8 mats to buy with which gear is very different this week than it will be 20 months from now.

Right now? This is #FirstWhaleProblems.

I'm not misunderstanding the inability to cash in Armatek Tactical pieces. You're misunderstanding where the actual players of this game actually are, on average, in the process of gaining r8 toons.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    A lot of FTP players have enough r8 materials from raids and have a couple of r7 toons already
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Yes, that “answer” they gave in the Q&A ranks pretty high up on the ladder of dissatisfactory answers the devs have ever given.

It’s perfectly obvious why they haven’t included that gear piece as a salvage option.

"technical limitations" and "exclusive" have drastically different meanings in the CG world...just like adding Kryo's eased the gear crunch...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    A lot of FTP players have enough r8 materials from raids and have a couple of r7 toons already

I only relic 7 GL and GL requirements. Matter of necessity to keep up.

Not looking forward to relic 8 fulcrum for GL Ahsoka Tano that is rumoured
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

I only relic 7 GL and GL requirements. Matter of necessity to keep up.

Not looking forward to relic 8 fulcrum for GL Ahsoka Tano that is rumoured

i have enough aero's to r8 a toon but yeah, I'm confident next GLs will require r8s so i'm just saving up to for pre-reqs
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Design problems can only be solved at that level if we were to convince the devs (which is unlikely). Considering this a problem that will only hit some is shortsighted and basically digging your own grave. OR I've just graduated to become a first whale without noticing.

2w4srivc7kjk.png

Define "A lot"
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »

Define "A lot"

Enough of them xD.

This month anyone that stayed in the 26-40 range in a guild that can finish it will have enough for 1 r8. Since last month had some changes along we'll see if the # of guild that can consistently pull it in the current state exceeds 200 from the board.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

Define "A lot"

260 million GP guilds can clear it, and you can be FTP and in a 260 million or up guild easily

If you are casual FTP, obviously you aren't included, but if you are a daily player, then you should be in a rancor clearing guild as long as you are 3~4 years+ playing this game
  • If you are casual FTP, obviously you aren't included, but if you are a daily player, then you should be in a rancor clearing guild as long as you are 3~4 years+ playing this game

I'm a daily player in a 285M gp guild. I've been playing more than 4 years. We're not clearing RCT. Haven't done it even once yet.

And "260m gp guilds can clear it" is misleading. 100M GP guilds can clear it if you have 15 players with 6Mgp+ and exactly the right toons relic'd with 35 alt accounts of 100k gp each.

Guild GP doesn't clear RCT, specific toons do. So the question remains, how common is it that FtP folks are in a guild that has cleared rancor enough times that the only thing stopping them from getting their first/next r8 is the inability to salvage Armatek Tactical data?

You still haven't presented any numbers on how common that is. Until you do, you're badly missing the point of the earlier commenter. I said it before & I'll say it again:
    I'm not misunderstanding the inability to cash in Armatek Tactical pieces. You're misunderstanding where the actual players of this game actually are, on average, in the process of gaining r8 toons.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    [

Guild GP doesn't clear RCT, specific toons do. So the question remains, how common is it that FtP folks are in a guild that has cleared rancor enough times that the only thing stopping them from getting their first/next r8 is the inability to salvage Armatek Tactical data?

I have no idea how common f2p already has enough mats, I do. The rest of the needs for upgrade will hurt f2p the worst whenever they have enough though, don't you agree with this?

Now let's take me as an example:

b98iwp1w9ij9.png
    wjyvoxcsw1bd.png

And if I'm to do it:

gtpf1u2nv7wi.png
    ub1wkux5qn61.png

Most of these are specifically farmed for the 4 next toons I will relic(3 mando and range trooper). I can also do 1 r8, but I can't find any way to justify doing so either now or in near future where it's not the pathway for a significant new step (relic abilities) and simply taken for it's own benefit.

When that times comes much more guilds with numerous f2p in them will be able to do it and it'll still be hurting f2p wors,t while spenders won't like doing so, but will be capable of taking the step.

• I have no idea how common f2p already has enough mats, I do. The rest of the needs for upgrade will hurt f2p the worst whenever they have enough though, don't you agree with this?

Now I know you're missing the point on purpose. Thanks for making that clear.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I have no idea how common f2p already has enough mats, I do. The rest of the needs for upgrade will hurt f2p the worst whenever they have enough though, don't you agree with this?

Now I know you're missing the point on purpose. Thanks for making that clear.

You didn't made a point worth of considering yet to my knowledge besides that not many f2p has -yet- have enough materials and I think that's pretty short sighted. Or ofc you can imagine guild will keep burying their heads in the sand in the long term because they don't like the raid (I've yet to see many that does like it)
  • x6w7xzgozaiz.png
    184 pieces.

That's 2 toons worth of very common 12.3 gear.

This is what I don't understand. Put Tactical Data in. People would have enough to burn for 2-3 toons, max.

Thats a "first taste is free" mechanic that these types of gacha games are built around.

Also, if we get fully crafted multitools or medpacs, those can't be turned into these things. But, only 2-3 drop components-wise.

The day Relic 8 becomes required for any character (next set of GL), that's my last day in this game.

My hope for R8 was that it would be a separate gate. What I was 100% hoping it wouldn't be was what we got - just more and higher materials / signal data. We're already crunching for circuit boards. Now they want us to give up right side G12 on 2 supporting toons. That's a step beyond "resource management."

Define "A lot"

260 million GP guilds can clear it, and you can be FTP and in a 260 million or up guild easily

If you are casual FTP, obviously you aren't included, but if you are a daily player, then you should be in a rancor clearing guild as long as you are 3~4 years+ playing this game

260 million GP guild can´t clear it! I am part of one without whales and it is almost impossible to get through first phase... Even when we meet other criterias mentioned (daily players, playing for more then 4 years).

Define "A lot"

260 million GP guild can´t clear it! I am part of one without whales and it is almost impossible to get through first phase... Even when we meet other criterias mentioned (daily players, playing for more then 4 years).

260m Guilds can most definitely clear it. My guild at 290m only has like 30 people actually contributing to the raid.

of that 30, 10 of them are under 1m damage so basically 20 people are taking it down
  • Well, maybe we should stop talking about raid feasibility in terms of guild gp, but rather how many gls of which gls. Though this is getting off topic.
  • Culegatorul
    178 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    The gear crunch in R8 will be the crafted materials,yes we can all say that right now we don't need r8 characters,but we will in the near future and if we don't address this issue(the cost of going to r8)it will never be addressed,they will just say it has been like this from the start.57zagzvhrkys.jpg
    This is me,i am F2P but i am in a good guild(320m),i have enough raid materials that i can take 2 chars to r8,but to take one i need 184 g12 salvage for the new pieces,then add on top of that 20 Zinbiddle cards which are hard to get as it is(that is 100 g12+ salvage),and the rest of the gear.Now that is just for 1 toon that is at r7 already,think of the next GL or a big character release that will require like 2-3 characters to r8.
    I hope someone from CG thinks this through, and realize that the cost is too steep,and the minimum thing they can do add the Tactical Data salvage and the Full Pieces to the scavenger.
    Also just food for thought,if we are ok with this imagine what the requirements will be for r9.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    The gear crunch in R8 will be the crafted materials,yes we can all say that right now we don't need r8 characters,but we will in the near future and if we don't address this issue(the cost of going to r8)it will never be addressed,they will just say it has been like this from the start.57zagzvhrkys.jpg
    This is me,i am F2P but i am in a good guild(320m),i have enough raid materials that i can take 2 chars to r8,but to take one i need 184 g12 salvage for the new pieces,then add on top of that 20 Zinbiddle cards which are hard to get as it is(that is 100 g12+ salvage),and the rest of the gear.Now that is just for 1 toon that is at r7 already,think of the next GL or a big character release that will require like 2-3 characters to r8.
    I hope someone from CG thinks this through, and realize that the cost is too steep,and the minimum thing they can do add the Tactical Data salvage and the Full Pieces to the scavenger.
    Also just food for thought,if we are ok with this imagine what the requirements will be for r9.

Don’t like it? It’s frustrating? Open your wallet and all that frustration goes away. -CG

Get used to it because they haven’t addressed the gear crunch at the lower levels, so this crunch will be here for quite some time, at least a year +.
    I am sure there is already packs with artwork ready to roll out at a strategic time to ease the frustration.
    CG doesn’t really know how to do game economics.
  • We all know why CG doesn’t add Tactical Data to scavenger, they have the data to show if they do, it is just a giveaway for whatever they want to gate. I have 15 fully crafted and ability to craft another 15.

On the other hand, given the pace we are getting R8 signal through CPit, I am not too worried about this myself as 2015 F2P. I have done 6 CPit so far and got 30 R8 mats total, and I had enough bayonet to keep up my pace of R8 Mats.
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    We all know why CG doesn’t add Tactical Data to scavenger, they have the data to show if they do, it is just a giveaway for whatever they want to gate. I have 15 fully crafted and ability to craft another 15.

On the other hand, given the pace we are getting R8 signal through CPit, I am not too worried about this myself as 2015 F2P. I have done 6 CPit so far and got 30 R8 mats total, and I had enough bayonet to keep up my pace of R8 Mats.

"Ability to craft another 15" = 3 characters to R8. That's the point here. Including it would have been the smart thing. It gets people "used" to the idea of taking characters to R8 without thinking about "these 450 pieces represents 3 years of bad raid rewards compiling over time."
  • sloweagle wrote: »
    We all know why CG doesn’t add Tactical Data to scavenger, they have the data to show if they do, it is just a giveaway for whatever they want to gate. I have 15 fully crafted and ability to craft another 15.

"Ability to craft another 15" = 3 characters to R8. That's the point here. Including it would have been the smart thing. It gets people "used" to the idea of taking characters to R8 without thinking about "these 450 pieces represents 3 years of bad raid rewards compiling over time."

This is so on point,also alot of players think adding Tactical Data will be a freebie, but you will get to craft enough materials for 2-3 characters then you are out,also they have to add the full crafted pieces since you can get 1 as a raid reward and you can't use it to craft the new piece.
  • Don't worry everyone, a fix is on the horizon

R8 materials will be added to tier 3 of the NS assault battles. So make you sure you have 5 r8 NS so you can actually clear it...

:/

Sure that will be enough ? 😅