New Rancor - Carry Over Progress

Galatea_Griffiths4
5 posts Member
edited January 2021
What?
If the Rancor Challenge raid isn't completed, allow progress to be saved and continued in a future session. Or reward partial progress with partial rewards.

Why?
Large numbers of guilds can't complete the raid - players miss out on new content and rewards.

How?
1) If a guild fails to complete, they can choose to continue next raid from the same point next time. Each time the raid is started pit fighter II is also reset. Optional - save each 20% health as a checkpoint for next time raid is attempted. Or,
2) After 24 hours there's an option to reset the R5 characters and continue raid from same point, also resetting Pit Fighter II. Optional - reduce the rewards for each reset. Optional - extend the duration of event to allow multiple resets.
3) Partial rewards are given for partial completion of the challenge raid. I.e. A participation prize.

Finances - Or why CG makes more money this way..
There's still a strong incentive to complete the raid as originally intended, so no impact on whale guilds.
Meanwhile more players enjoy the game and don't get out of reach from the latest content and rewards which incentivises them to make in-game purchases.
Whales don't need to move to whale only guilds, they can see that thier purchases are helping them make progress and their non-whale guildmates see what making in game purchases can do and are encouraged to spend more themselves.

Replies

• frtpskn
    1026 posts Member
    well even with current reward system you need to be at least top 10 to get 1 toon to r8 so its kind of pointless and im totally agree to his statement, most non whale guild having hard time to finish it so decrease or resetting toons are more logical statements at least for this raid
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Yes it would take longer, so they get them less frequently, but I'm not sure why someone who should get the same 1st place rewards as someone who did it without the extension.

Why?
    Large numbers of guilds can't complete the raid - players miss out on new content and rewards.

If they are playing the raid they are not missing out on content.

As always, if you want the rewards, you have to develop to get them. That is always the push they are trying to make, they are not likely to give an "out" to avoid having to develop your roster.
  • Galatea_Griffiths4
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    The rewards are not really worth the time needed to complete the raid as it is

I appreciate this doesn't solve the problems with the raid being fun to play overall, but by allowing a reset it could remove frustration if there's a mistake.

You may scoff at getting just one bit of r8 gear, but the reality is most guilds aren't currently getting any, so it's really demotivating. Unless you spend a lot on the game you're not going to get any of the new content and people will carry on leaving the game.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Yes it would take longer, so they get them less f requently, but I'm not sure why someone who should get the same 1st place rewards as someone who did it without the extension.

You answered your own question, they'd get them at half the rate of someone who topped a guild who'd completed it in one attempt.
    As always, if you want the rewards, you have to develop to get them. That is always the push they are trying to make, they are not likely to give an "out" to avoid having to develop your roster.

My point is I'm not incentivised at all by the current raid as its so far out of reach. The only way i can see it being viable is if i start getting r8 toons - which i can't as i can't make any progress in the raid. At least with lstb i can get rewards on the lower end and can see the progression as i and guild build roster.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yes it would take longer, so they get them less f requently, but I'm not sure why someone who should get the same 1st place rewards as someone who did it without the extension.

You answered your own question, they'd get them at half the rate of someone who topped a guild who'd completed it in one attempt.

My point is I'm not incentivised at all by the current raid as its so far out of reach. The only way i can see it being viable is if i start getting r8 toons - which i can't as i can't make any progress in the raid. At least with lstb i can get rewards on the lower end and can see the progression as i and guild build roster.

But its viable at r5-r7, so why would you need r8? The current players beating it are doing it without r8.

You want them to change it so it's easier for you, which means you have some draw to do it. Use that draw to make decisions on how you develop your roster, you and your guild will see progress towards getting closer to beating it as you do so.

As for the slower pace, sure, but why should they get the same rewards. They shouldn't they are beating it at a different level. If they wanted something like this they would have made different tiers, unfortunately they didnt. They stated this is for guilds who have master the other raids and seem to be trying to say its end game content, and not everyone will be at that level.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Isn't this pretty much how non-heroic versions of the 3 other raids work? Roster resets every 24 hrs and you continue the raid until you beat it. And in the end you win reduced amount rewards with none of the most valuable rewards (f.ex. no Traya shards and no crafted g12+ gear in non-heroic STR). The equivalent for such a Challenge Rancor raid with roster resets would be to reward no r8 pieces at all. It wouldn't really be fair to award r8 pieces to players that make use of roster resets since some of the players who complete the raid the normal way only win 1 r8 piece.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    They stated this is for guilds who have master the other raids and seem to be trying to say its end game content, and not everyone will be at that level.

My point is that there's a really big gap between mastering other raids and making progress in this. We auto 2 of the raids and sail through the sith one, but make so little progress on this that it feels unachievable.

I simply want to suggest a way of making it more accessible with rewards proportionate to the level of difficulty.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Isn't this pretty much how non-heroic versions of the 3 other raids work?

Exactly. With the other raids you can enjoy the content, practice the mechanics etc with lesser rewards.
    Waqui wrote: »
    The equivalent for such a Challenge Rancor raid with roster resets would be to reward no r8 pieces at all.

I know where you're coming from, but I'd still like to see some limited r8 rewards, as I would want people to feel like they're making progress. Obviously it would have to be proportional to the level of difficulty and there could be a minimum contribution requirement (i.e. complete a certain percentage of the mission).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Isn't this pretty much how non-heroic versions of the 3 other raids work?

Exactly. With the other raids you can enjoy the content, practice the mechanics etc with lesser rewards.
    The equivalent for such a Challenge Rancor raid with roster resets would be to reward no r8 pieces at all.

I know where you're coming from, but I'd still like to see some limited r8 rewards, as I would want people to feel like they're making progress. Obviously it would have to be proportional to the level of difficulty and there could be a minimum contribution requirement (i.e. complete a certain percentage of the mission).

Limited r8 rewards? How much more limited can they be than the single piece won by some of the players that complete the raid the normal way? I know, you would like those r8 pieces, but IMO it wouldn't be fair to those players who complete the raid the normal way and still only win one r8 piece.