Team suggestion for Beginners with Separatist Route

I want to end up with a Padme squad and have started the separatist route. I'm at level 40.
I wanted suggestion on what light characters should I focus on. https://swgoh.gg/p/937924989/

My plan is:
LIGHT (lvl 40-45): Ahsoka (Cantina Store), Obi Wan Tank (Cantina Battle), Princess Leia (Arena Store), Luke Skywalker, Luminara (Light+Dark)
LIGHT Mid (45-65): JKA, Ahsoka, Bariss, Obi Wan (optional Bastila)
LIGHT Mid (70-75)I can go for Yoda using Ashoka, Obi Wan, JKA, Bariss, Luminary

DARK - Dokoo with Geo's.

In SHIPS, I could go for:
Negotiator + JKA Starfighter + HoundTooth + Ashoka Taco
Malevolence + SunFac + Hyena + Spy

Looking for any suggestions. I don't have plan for bounty hunters, should I add them in?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7300 posts Moderator
    Options
    I'd say hard NO to Luminara. Bastila is less optional than Barris, as she is needed for Revan. She also has a decent lead before you get Revan. Anakin is fairly necessary to run under Padmé. Get in a guild that is doing Heroic tank so you can get GK. Old Ben is useful for getting CLS, but otherwise you won't rely on him for a tank once you get GK.

Dark Side you should be doing all five geos.

Bounty Hunters or other scoundrels should definitely be considered because of credit heist.
  • Chacha01
    1 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thanks a lot. What can substitute Old Ben as a tank early game (lvl 40-60) that will also help unlock something later? Any other early game good light side tank?
  • Options
    Probably Nute and Asajj will be farms that you will make in the arena. After them the next in line is Tarkin, or you won't be able to do the zeta challenges. Having a guild that can quickly bring you to malevolence does not mean that you can leave the tarkin's ship aside.
  • Options
    Chacha01 wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. What can substitute Old Ben as a tank early game (lvl 40-60) that will also help unlock something later? Any other early game good light side tank?
    Fives is pretty good but he doesn't really unlock anything
    I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years
  • Options
    Chacha01 wrote: »

Stormtrooper Han is nice because of the turn meter gain, and he is needed for cls.
  • Options
    Chacha01,

I think one thing you're missing here is that none of the best squads resemble what they're supposed to be until level 82 when you can begin to zeta them, and the Padmé event isn't even playable until level 85.

So starting to get ready for Padme at level 40 isn't necessarily helpful, since you would then finish getting ready long before you hit 85.

On the other hand, ships become a part of the game at level 60, and if you start out strong in ships, you will gain a large number of crystals over time, which translates into getting literally everything else faster. If you prioritize ships now, you'll actually be very likely to be in a better place with your Padmé squad come level 85 than you would have been if you focussed on Padmé toons but lost out on the crystal income.

You should consider focussing on first things first: Get fleet in order for level 60 before getting Padmé squads together who won't be required until level 85.

Of course there are other things to worry about as well, one of them being Galactic War. Make sure you have a decent squad that can recover protection available to you. Phoenix isn't actually bad for that purpose.

As for specific suggestions for ships, I've written a bunch about how to start at level 40-45 and prepare yourself for dominating fleet at level 60-65.

Here's a good discussion of what you need to do between level 40 & 60-65 to prepare yourself for the best possible chance of success:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2201602/#Comment_2201602