Overlap of TW and TB on Event Calendar - January 2021

gugek
82 posts Member
@CG_SBCrumb: the posted calendar in https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/239206/event-calendar-january-2021#latest has TW 154 starting preview on January 8. That calculates out to ending on January 11.

The calendar also has January 11 as the starting day for the Light Side TBs. Typically the calendar doesn't overlap TW and TB (at least it hasn't in the last year or so).

Can we get a clarification if this is true.

This has implications for a lot of guilds in terms of managing their personnel changes and scheduling.

MΔW and MΔW and MΔW

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    gugek wrote: »
    guilds in terms of managing their personnel changes
    Imagine when you start treating a turn based fighting game like a business company. Don't you think you care a bit too much about that? Or is this what high end endgame whale behavior looks like.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Adamklark wrote: »
    I'm part of semi serious guild, management is to make things smoother, so it is a thing. you find the appropriate time slot which is good for most people, write in commands what teams are advised etc. you shouldn't overthink it on this level (kraken level might overdo it if it is even possible?)

He's talking about personnel changes (which most likely means guild hopping) like it's everday business to them. I would call that "overthinking".
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    go to a smaller guild in the alliance

Even this to me is unthinkable, if i'm in a guild i mean to stay there. Pushing people arround like cattle feels very disrespectful. Guess my perception of "being a guilds member" is something else.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • crzydroid
    7299 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kisakee wrote: »
    go to a smaller guild in the alliance

Even this to me is unthinkable, if i'm in a guild i mean to stay there. Pushing people arround like cattle feels very disrespectful. Guess my perception of "being a guilds member" is something else.

Some people end up being very inactive and have to be kicked. Meanwhile maybe someone is unhappy with their guild and wants to come your spot.

But anyway, let's try to stay on topic. OP was pointing out a potential overlap in the scheduling.
  • Goosy
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Imagine when you start treating a turn based fighting game like a business company. Don't you think you care a bit too much about that? Or is this what high end endgame whale behavior looks like.

Yes this is endgame playing. If you play in a top 3 guild there are always changes happening. For example some people have real life and can’t be 100% available for TW then those would be swapped with people who can be there all the time.
  • Options
    @CG_Doja_Fett Hello Doja,

Do you have any insight in this? Inquiring guild leaders across your game are preparing for their guilds to be locked in for a TW & TB and we would love some clarification.

Best,
    E
  • Options
    I thought you claimed to be at endgame level in another thread. This is a perfectly normal phenomenon in most high end guilds, not just whale ones.
  • Options
    I'm part of semi serious guild, management is to make things smoother, so it is a thing. you find the appropriate time slot which is good for most people, write in commands what teams are advised etc. you shouldn't overthink it on this level (kraken level might overdo it if it is even possible?)

He's talking about personnel changes (which most likely means guild hopping) like it's everday business to them. I would call that "overthinking".

Players leave guilds and join new ones all the time. They want to be able to do that without missing a guild event or without leaving one of the guilds involved short handed.

There is also an issue with mod locking I believe. From what I remember there was only the ability to store one “set” of mods per player.
  • Skinless
    20 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Options

This is something we do... 5 guild cluster I manage, top 2 sometimes will change players between TB and TW based on their skill sets. Imagine a 100 player guild theory, the best for each style move fluidly. A lot of the top end do this. 330M+