Need help with long term strategy for farm and gears.

Prev1
Hello,
After few days of reading forum I have decided to ask veteran players for help with long term strategy in this game.

My link
https://swgoh.gg/p/743558596/

Lets start from Characters

BH Team
BF 7* 13G 5R
Mando 3* 7G Lvl75
Jango 4* 5G lvl 40
IG88 3* 4G lvl40
CAD 4* 1g 1lvl

WHO should i focus? I AM using ATM all my energy on Mando and Jango. Should I go for CAD aswell od change IT for Dengar?

Empire
Vader 7* 12g 85lv
Tarkin 7* 9g 85lv
Snowtrooper 6* 7g 60
Royal Guard 5* 6G 65lv
Gar Saxon 3* 7g 65lv
TF Pilot 4* 7g 65
Veers 4* 5g 40lv
Stormtrooper 4* 5g 40lv
Magmatrooper 3* 6g 45lv

What should I go here? Im using energy to get Royal Guard shards.

First order
kylo unmasked 7* 9g 85
fo stormtrooper 2* 6g 43
Fotp 2* 5g 40
Phasma 3* 4g 40
Fosftp 2* 5g 40
Kylo ren 4* 1g 1

Geo
Soldier 7 8g 85
Poggle 4 1g 1
Sun Fac 3 1g 1
Spy 45shards/80
Alpha 42/80
Im trying to get the asap. Using all my cantina energy on Alpha

Sep
Dooku 7 11g 85
Greivous 5 5g 40
Ig 100 Magma 5 5g 40

CLONE troopers
Ct555 7 9g 85
Echo 6 8g 85
Rex 6 9g 85
Cody 5 8g 85
Arc 51/80 shards (stopped to farm him to get geo Alpha first from cantina)

Ewok
Teebo 7 7g 85
Scout 5 6g 55
Paploo 4 6g 55
Logray 3 5g 50
Elder 5 6g 55

Galactic Republic
GMY 7 12g 85
Luminara 7 11g 85
Mace 7 10g 85
Ashoka 7 10g 85
JKA 7 9g 85
Consular 7 9g 85
CW Chewi 7 8g 85
Ima-Gun-Di 7 7g 85
Barriss 5 6g 50
+
Old Rep.
Bastilla 7 10g 85
Cart 4 4g 40

Nightsisters
Talia 7 8g 85
Old Daka 7 7g 65
Initate 6 7g 50
Assajj 5 6g 65
Zombie 3 7g 62
Spirit 4 5g 40
Acolyte 2 1g 1

Sith
Vader
Dooku
Sidious 7 9g 85
Maul 7 9g 85
Bastilla Fallen 3 1 1

Phoenix
Just Ezra Chopper and Gazrheb on 3* low lvls

Rebel
Luke farmboy 7 9 85
Ackbar 7 7 85
Biggs 7 6 75
Fulcrum 5 5 40
Leia 2 6 40
St Han 3 5 40
Han Solo 5 1 1 just activated

Ships
Dark Side
Slave 4* 69lv
Tie Adv 4* 84lv
Tie Silencer 7* 85
Geo Soldier 7* 85
Scimitar 4* 70
Imp. Tie Fig. 5* 60
Fo Tie 4* 60
Fosftf 2 55
Executive 5 85

Light Side
Ashoka 7 85
Consular 7 85
CLONE sear. 7 85
Anakin 2 60
Umbaran 2 30
Lando millenium 6 60
Biggs 5 60
Resistance X wing 4 55
BTL B 3 55
Endurance 5 85
Home One 5 85

Energy spending:

Cantina energy: focusing on geo Alpha
Energy: Mando Jango, Royal Guard and sonetimes Bastilla Fallen
Mod: mod battles
Ships energy: Slave, Tie Adv, scimitar

Shops:
Cantina: clone troopers, Ewoks
Guild: gears + ct or nightsisters
Squad Assajj
Galactic - ships + nightsisters + poggle
Fleet ships + greivous + ct + fulcrum
Guild events: started to gsther them mk1- 7.5k MK2 - 1k
Championship - gears
Shards- gears

Journey guide
I have ublock only GMY...

My questions are:
Which team should i focus? I need help with shards and gears, cause i'm doing a bit od everything now
On what Journey missions should i focus first?
Whos next for Zeta upgrades? I have only boba Fett, GMY and Vader all with 1 Zeta.
What Characters are best for teams i have written up.
Maybe there are ways for spend energies and tokens i wiser way...

And tips and advices appreciated.

Thank you for all your answers.

Replies

• Bossk is the best leader for a bh squad so farm him.
    I'll get my first Gl...after 50 years
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    So far you have spread your farming on many different teams and aren't really close to having a full, strong synergy team or to unlocking any new legendary character. My advice would be to find a new player farming guide (f.ex. in the New Player subforum) - or this:

If you like jedi and want to improve your team you should primarily farm Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben, Jolee or maybe also Shaak Ti and Juhani. They all have other uses and will help you unlock other legendary characters.
    Added: Gearing up Jolee and Shaak Ti is fine since you will want to do that eventually but don't waste too much gear on the others. G8 suffices.

If you want to build an empire team you should farm a full team of 5 Phoenix characters since they will unlock both Thrawn and Emperor Palpatine for you. Your empire team will help you unlock R2D2 (take snow Trooper to 7* with bronzium data packs as your 5th empire character).
    Added: A G8 Phoenix team (with good mods) will suffice for unlocking both Thrawn and EP.

After unlocking 7* R2D2 (with a 7* empire team) if you farm Leia, Old Ben and Stormtrooper Han to 7* you will be able to unlock Commander Luke Skywalker.
    Added: You don't need much gear on any of the characters to unlock CLS but you will want to gear up R2D2 to g12 later.

If you complete your BH team (Bossk is a must-have) you will be able to do the 2 Smugglers Run and the Rebel Roundup events to farm further characters and also unlock legendary Chewie (Dengar helps) who works well under CLS lead.

You may want to by shards for Logray, Dengar, Rex and Grievous from the guild shop and fleet store. Those characters will help you later. You may as well start farming them now.

I would recommend to put your zetas on stock until you've decided which team you want to farm.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Waqui wrote: »
    So far you have spread your farming on many different teams and aren't really close to having a full, strong synergy team or to unlocking any new legendary character.
    This ^^^ Pick a team to farm, and do it. Right now you are kind of all over the place.
    For example, you could farm for Jedi Knight Revan, or finish out your Empire team to go with Vader by farming Phoenix. You could probably farm both Revan and Phoenix at the same time.
    You don't need to do exactly that, but hopefully it makes sense to just farm shards/gear for one or two teams at a time.
    But overall, you need to get some real teams. Right now your arena team is made of a Bounty Hunter, an Imperial, a Separatist, and two Jedi. There's no synergy there; you'd be better off with a full, synergized team.
    Good luck
  • I prefer the empire and then Darth revan personally.

1. Farm Phoenix
    2. Unlock thrawn and ep.
    3. By then you'll have vader. So an arena team of ep, vader, dark Bastilla, thrawn, tarkin can do very well until you get Darth revan and malak.
    4. Start the farms for darth revan (they are hard nodes and take a long time so start them early). After that you can do jedi revan since malak is great too and you need both for him.
    5. Farm your geos on the side for fleet and once you finish your Phoenix and Darth revan req focus on brood alpha and gear them for the wat mission.

So here's how this sets you up.

Vader is a beast now. In a full empire team, you can beat both padme and jkr teams if you play it right. This will get you in the top 100 of arena pretty easily with a few Zetas.

Then once you unlock Darth revan, either a Darth revan team or vader depending on th ed opponent can get you a bit higher.

Once you also have wat (4 stars with a zeta works fine) and brood alpha, you also have the characters to counter most GLs. The kylo counter can be difficult but the others are pretty easy. So after you get wat, you should be competitive in arena. That gives a ton of crystals to work on a gl or other projects.

Along the way you'll want a strong fleet. Tarkin with geos plus Vader's ship and hounds tooth are a good choice. There are also other events that require different factions. It's ok to also farm some of those on the side as long as it isn't interfering with your main goals too much.

Also, stop farming royal guard from a hard node. Even if you choose to go for see right away (and as a see owner, I would advise against that he needs Darth revan and crew to even be semi viable) you'll get the shards for rg from bronizums long before you can possibly gear the other requirements.
  • I read your questions, opened your swgoh.gg and am going to give you some teams. Pick what your priority is at heart, and I can help with a farming guide. :)

anything in bold you have not got at 7*. teams in italic you are far away from.

Teams:
    BH - Bossk L, Boba, Mando, Jango, Dengar / Greef

Empire / Sith - Emperor Palpatine L, Darth Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, Bastila Fallen

Geonosian - Geonosian Brood Alpha L, Sun Fac, Geo Soldier, Poggle, Geo Spy

Galactic Republic - Padme Amidala L, Jedi Knight Anakin, Ahsoka Tano, General Kenobi, R2-D2

Jedi - currently: Bastila Shan (L), Grand Master Yoda, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Ezra Bridger (don't gear up Luminara).

Jedi - to be: Jedi Knight Revan (L), Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, GMY, Hermit Yoda / Ezra

Phoenix: Hera L, Ezra, Chopper, Zeb, Kanan

Rebel: Commander Luke Skywalker L, Han Solo, Threepio and Chewie, C-3PO, Chewbacca

I'd recommend 2 alternative plans:

Phoenix - Empire/Sith - R2 - CLS - BH - Chewie - Ewoks - C-3PO

or

Geonosian - Galactic Republic

both to be with

Old Republic - Jedi

what would you prefer @Anomander
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • By the way, I decided to recommend some teams as a few of your characters you were using were not the best options.

What GAC Division are you in?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Regarding ships you should farm Hounds Tooth which is a great tank ship for many different fleets. It shares a node with Jango and is piloted by Bossk - two great additions to your bountyhunters.

You already have the min. required ships for farming zeta ability mats, so that's great.

If you farm the 2 Phoenix ships (you need their crew (low gear is fine) as well) you will be able to unlock Thrawn's capital ship the Chimaera.

Keep buying shards for "rare" ships like Slave 1 and Tie advanced, since you will want them at 7* eventually and they are slow farms.
  • Hi all,
    Thanks for your responds, I AM really happy that you are ready to help me.
    ATM in GAC im on division 10 but i have crossed 1mln power so IT will be higher now.
    Squad arena between 500-1000
    Fleet arena between 100-200

That's all true that im spreading my farms too much, just Didnt know on what to focus. Plus I have farm and geared wrong Characters.

Now my team is something like Boba Fett with a bit help of Vader killing everything, and i dont have any use of rest.

I have read your answers carefully and I think the best way for me, and most enjoyable would be way of dark path. Empire team.
  • Also I am a F2P player.
    Do you think I should buy shards for crystals, or use crystals for some other way, or stack them ATM. Cause i spend a lot of them for 13g of Boba
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    use crystals for energy refreshes
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Anomander wrote: »
    Also I am a F2P player.
    Do you think I should buy shards for crystals, or use crystals for some other way, or stack them ATM. Cause i spend a lot of them for 13g of Boba

It's cheaper to farm gear and shards with energy refreshes than to buy it with crystals on stores. You should use your crystals for energy refreshes - mainly 3x50 crystals for energy refreshes and some for farming mods - depending on what you farm. Only refresh nodes if you really want to speed up farming a character - otherwise have patience.
  • Anomander
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Waqui wrote: »
    Also I am a F2P player.

It's cheaper to farm gear and shards with energy refreshes than to buy it with crystals on stores. You should use your crystals for energy refreshes - mainly 3x50 crystals for energy refreshes and some for farming mods - depending on what you farm. Only refresh nodes if you really want to speed up farming a character - otherwise have patience.

I have questions about mods aswell. I AM just using auto assigns. They are really important? Should I learn how to use them Prosper? Ofcourse im trying to upgrade the asap for strongest Characters.
  • Yes, mods are super important. Use those links above.

The auto-assign generally gives good recommendations on what kind of mods to put on someone. (i.e. it might recommend offense mods on ____ , health mods on ____) but the actual mods it puts on when you click "auto assign" are just the weirdest mix of bad mods.

One big thing mods do is increase a character's speed, which is how fast their turn meter bar fills up, which also dictates who goes first. Try to get mods with high speed secondary stats.
  • Anomander
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I read your questions, opened your swgoh.gg and am going to give you some teams. Pick what your priority is at heart, and I can help with a farming guide. :)

anything in bold you have not got at 7*. teams in italic you are far away from.

Teams:
    BH - Bossk L, Boba, Mando, Jango, Dengar / Greef

Empire / Sith - Emperor Palpatine L, Darth Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin, Bastila Fallen

Geonosian - Geonosian Brood Alpha L, Sun Fac, Geo Soldier, Poggle, Geo Spy

Galactic Republic - Padme Amidala L, Jedi Knight Anakin, Ahsoka Tano, General Kenobi, R2-D2

Jedi - currently: Bastila Shan (L), Grand Master Yoda, Luminara Unduli, Barriss Offee, Ezra Bridger (don't gear up Luminara).

Jedi - to be: Jedi Knight Revan (L), Bastila Shan, Jolee Bindo, GMY, Hermit Yoda / Ezra

Phoenix: Hera L, Ezra, Chopper, Zeb, Kanan

Rebel: Commander Luke Skywalker L, Han Solo, Threepio and Chewie, C-3PO, Chewbacca

I'd recommend 2 alternative plans:

Phoenix - Empire/Sith - R2 - CLS - BH - Chewie - Ewoks - C-3PO

or

Geonosian - Galactic Republic

both to be with

Old Republic - Jedi

what would you prefer @Anomander

As you write. I have started farm Phoenix team (without Sabine), everywhere where I can. Should I farm something else aswell od just focus them.

If you could help me with farming guide that would be great thanks.

Also thank you guys for posts about mods. There is so many things to learn in this game.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    [...]

As you write. I have started farm Phoenix team (without Sabine), everywhere where I can. Should I farm something else aswell od just focus them.

If you could help me with farming guide that would be great thanks.

Also thank you guys for posts about mods. There is so many things to learn in this game.

It would be a good idea to farm other characters as well if it doesn't interfere with your main focus (Phoenix). However, stay on target with your main focus. If you switch between farming many different teams/characters it will just delay finishing either of them.

This list of farming guides is somewhat outdated but the Phoenix-to-CLS path is described in most of these farming guides:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154847/new-player-farming-guide-2018

After having unlocked CLS you have several paths to chose from - not all of them are described in these outdated guides.

• I would farm Old Republic needed for JKR that DO NOT INTERFERE WITH ANY OTHER PATH (so mission and t3-m4 can wait).
  • UPDATE

Hi guys,
    Thanks to you, I have started to go with the good direction.
    I realized how much mods slicers, and energy for wrong toons I have wasted.

Beacuse of that I cannot get higher than 500 in squad arena and 100 in fleet. Also I have jumped to league 8 on GAC, do its.really hard to win anything for me.

I read some guides about mods. Now im trying to clean my inventory. Doing the way of poor players (cause i AM poor). Im leaving only gold 5, other mods only with speed as primary or secondary+ some rare crit. Damage and offense. Selling rest.

I have stopped upgrading any Characters that i dont need, so i wont get as much points as before.

I have almost done Phoenix team:
    Zeb 7* G8 85lv
    Ezra 5* G8 85lv
    Hera 6* G8 75lv
    Kanan 5* G7 72lv
    Chopper 5* G6 70lv

My Clone troopers also is not so bad Rex, Echo Fives, Cody (almost 7*) and clone seargant.

They are my first traget to unlo EP and Thrawn

Do you think its ok to try to get Vader to G13, and buy him 2nd Zeta. Or wait for that till i will get full team?
    Tarkin is on G10 now.

In the meantime with all energy refreshes im farming Jango, Fallen Bastilla, Mando, and than Jolee, Zalbar and Juhani for JKR and DR.

I know that soon I will need to farm toons form CLS so If i have enough resources im buying old Ben when he appear.

Cantina energy od going for Ezra and Hera now. Who should be next?

Mod energy: everything is going for challenges to usually Cri. damage and offense.

Fleet energy: Slave, Tie Adv and than Zalbaar, Carth Onasi and Umbaran.

Cantina store: Chopper. WHO should be next here?

Guild store: Phoenix team if appear plus Paploo and Dengar. I dont know if its right.

Squad Arena: Kanan. WHO should be next here?

Galactic War store: I have just finished Zeb. Buying in the meantime Biggs shop, and Imperial TIE fighter. No idea WHO should i focus here.

Fleet arena store: Phoenix if they appear. Than Slave, Tie, Greivous, Cody, and than Biggs ship and Imperial TIE Fighter. also im not sure WHO to focus.

Guild event store : Phoenix team when they appear, than some ships like Umbaran.

Championship and Shards stores ; im just kreping them.

I know the way for Characters. Empire team is my target for now, but could anyone help how to get a good fleet aswell in the meantime. I have looked for in journey guide. To get chimeara i need a lot of ships plus Hans falcon. But for Hans falcon I also need a lot of ships. Any advices how to get my fleet better?

Thanks for reading.
    Thanks for helping.
    Thanks for responds.

Regards,
    Anomander
  • Anomander
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Upper post might be too much to read, so just quick questions.
    Could someone help with fleet? I have no idea on which fleet should I focus, I have a bit od everything, so nothing at all, and I cannot cross 100 place now....

Thanks
  • You are not succeeding in fleet arena because you don't really have a fleet. Those ships have almost nothing in common with each other. (Same thing with your squad arena) Pick what fleet you will pursue, and focus on that fleet. Others can hopefully help you choose which one, depending on what kind of path you are taking on the character side of things.

Looking through your big post from a few days ago:
    Chimera isn't that great of a ship. Not worth investing in.
    Yes, relic Vader is a beast, especially if you are chasing an Empire team.
  • Thanks for respond.
    I think I need to choose between Empire fleet or Geo fleet + Slave and tie Adv. ATM.
  • Anomander wrote: »
    Thanks for respond.
    I think I need to choose between Empire fleet or Geo fleet + Slave and tie Adv. ATM.

Pick Geo fleet over Empire fleet. The reason I say this is:
    • A Geo fleet will set you up for a good Malevolence fleet when you get it. (Are you in a guild running Geo Tb?)
    • A Geo fleet is easy to get. The ship blueprints show up all the time in fleet store and Galactic War store. Plus the characters are easy to get shards of, and to gear.
    • Geonosians would be a great team for you to work on, it will get you a full, solid team, plus they can unlock Padme, who will lead another full, solid team for you.
  • Anomander
    22 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    @Old_Ben12345
    Unfornatuely my guild is not running Geo TB yet.
    That's true, there is a lot of them in shops, also I have started farming Bossk, so he will have place in that aswell.

Thanks for help.
  • @Anomander No problem. Bossk's ship is great, it's never a bad idea to get it. You may want to get in a guild doing geo tb. You can look in the guild recruitment section of the forums if you want. Or you could stay in your guild if you like it.
    Good luck
  • Hello guys,
    Its almost 6 months from our last conversations. A lot of things happened here od my link swgoh.gg link
    https://swgoh.gg/p/743558596/

Step by step I AM going further by your advices, but I need some news answers for the strategy plans.

My 1st squad is Empire team with 4 relics giving me place on around 250-400
    I have also GEO team(with someG12),
    BH team Jango,Boba,Mando,Bosak,Dengar (farming now Greef to change him for Dengar.
    Republic team - Padme,JKA,Ashoka,Kenobi,R2D2
    Rebels CLS, Han, Chewbacca, and farming for Cheepio plus I want to add to this team C3Pio when i will get good ewok team

Fleet is 3 geos + Hound tooth(last30 shards to 7stars) Tie Advanced and Slave giving me 35-50 position on arena.

I AM know trying to get DR and than JKR
    Also Chimaera to SWAP IT with Tarkins ship.

From other noodes are as i said Hound Tooth, Nightsister zombie and mother talzin to build Nightsister team. Cheepio, Sabine Wren to build fleet for Chimaera, and Wicket to build Ewok team.

My questions is what do you think I should go next? Your last advices were very good and helpfull, so I Hope you will want to help me another time.

Regards,
    Anomander

• Keep staying high in fleet. When will you unlock Malevolence?
    Don't spend resources trying to get Chimera. Tarkin's ship is better.
    I would pick a team, then gear it, then pick a new team, then gear it, etc. I'd start with your Padme team. Gear them to 12/13 as you work on shards for JKR, or whoever you want next.
    Does that make sense?
  • So its better to go for Malevolence?
    IT make sense what you have said.
    Do you think its better for now to spend energy to gear up my teams instead of farming another noodes?
    So its better to go for Malevolence?
    Do you think its better for now to spend energy to gear up my teams instead of farming another noodes?

I would go for either malevolence or negotiator for your next fleet. The bottleneck is the get currency so it's really up to you. But chimera really doesn't perform good enough to be worth the slog. You can go just as well with tarkin.

As for stopping to hear, nothing wrong with that. With your arena team, I would focus gear on dark Bastilla. Adding her can help your ranks. And once you get malak, the switch from ep lead to darth revan is pretty smooth.
    So its better to go for Malevolence?

Definitely Malevolence since you have a Geo fleet already. You'll just need Hyena and Vulture. Does your guild do Geo TB?
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    Agree, wouldn't bother with Chimera, the Executrix is more than fine under you can change over to Malevolence. I would do the following 3 things for fleet though:
    Fleet
    1. Get Bossk to g11 at least, preferably g12. This will make a huge difference on his ability to tank, and also give the last level of crew ability for the auto re-taunt
    2. Farm Vulture Droid (key on the Geo / Mal fleet to get around opposing HT's)
    3. Farm Hyena Bomber (eventually will replace HT)

Characters / squads
    1. Work on your Vader mods. At r5 he is great, but 243 speed is a bit low. You should be targeting around 265+ especially if you using a speed set. It will make a big difference
    2. Get BSF to relics (r3 or r5) and you will see a big difference
    3. Put the zeta on your GBA (Queen's Will) which is absolutely needed for that team
    4. Gear up your Padme GR team. Take JKA to r5 at least and put the zeta on him, put a zeta on GK

Those will keep you busy for a while, and in the meantime can contemplate the next steps for your account.
    Can either keep going for JKR & DR, or build up your CLS Rebels a bit (Chewpio is a must have but remember he is a very slow farm).