Galactic challenge

Replies

• This is ridiculous. With my strongest fully reliced 7 teams, I can't get the top tiers done. Heck I can barely get a turn. And my scoundrels? Fully reliced upc Jango lead, and modded to hell, can barely get a turn in at even teir 5. Even my guild mates are getting wiped out with relic 8 gls at the top tier. This is isn't a challenge. At this point just call it by its true name "Galactic Pay-to-Play"

Beat t7 with jango han chewy nest and g8 cara. Just put lots speed on nest an cara. Stun piett with hans shoot first an then go to town on them. Caras aoe will keep em all stunned. Beat it without losing a single char An only han chewy nest is relic. Jango is g12 an as i said cara is g8. Just put my dr spd mods on nest an got cara to around 260 an beat it first try.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Stating something is poorly designed because you can't beat it is valid when there is no true solve. That's not the case here. It can be beaten. Several successful squads have been listed in this thread. Also, people might want to start discussing kill order as that may or may not make the task easier.

EDIT (to add this): Having said that, I understand the frustration of being caught in an infinite loop with no escape. I'll bark up some trees and see what (if anything) happens.

Overall, I'm curious to know how you feel about events such as this one that offer more of a puzzle challenge, versus a blunt approach?

The challenge raid can be beaten, but it's poorly designed for the platform and tools provided.

I think it'd be best if we tackle each issue on their own terms instead of turning all threads to general complaint threads. Is this particular gc besides the loop problem badly designed? Imo it's not. It's one of those -know the right way- gcs and doable if you have the tools.

That's fine. Just using an in-game example that good design isn't directly related to whether or not it can be completed, which seemed to be Doja's point that I replied to. Maybe I misunderstood
  • Stenun wrote: »
    Borat wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »
    wrong combination of scoundrels. Vet Chewie and Vet had don't have any TM manipulation in their kits, you need stun so you need to find those with stun and/or Daze. Ability block does nothing here (see Vet Han). Just like taking relic jedi like plo, mace and Ima into assault battles and expect to beat bonus tier or higher. Not going to happen even at r8.

Oh fine. So an infinite loop is fine because I chose the "wrong combination of scoundrels"?
    Infinite Loops are not the fault of bad design, then? It's my fault for choosing Scoundrels who have never caused an Infinite Loop before?
    So when it says "Bonuses for Scoundrels" it's only for Scoundrels on a pre-approved list?

as i said, wrong combination. The devs should not give the answer to every event. Trial and error. I failed miserable with full BHs, Tried GLs, used OG mando squad but failed until I got help from those who tried Jengo with nest, and various others for the scoundrel feat and JKL lead for the other feat (kill 3).

You're missing the point.
    I'm not complaining about not being able to complete T7 or anything. I'm complaining about the Infinite Loop and thus not even having a chance to complete it.
    The Infinite Loop is not the fault of the player for "wrong choice of Scoundrels", it's the fault of the Devs for not catching the Infinite Loop when play testing with the very faction the event is supposedly for.

1) It is not an infinite loop exactly, but that is semantics. One team just takes all the turns, combined with the other team being unkillable.

2) This is just exactly how Veers Piett troopers work. You can play this team yourself. I made the mistake recently of thinking I could ramp enough damage to kill nest with my troopers. Same thing happened, just I was on the trooper side and opponent was on Nest. And the timer was 5 minutes in GAC

You are frustrated, understandable. But you are railing against the exact design of Imperial Trooper squads. It isn't particular to this GC even. It is akin to complaining about a GG team that AoEs three of your characters dead, or a KRU team that keeps healing up faster than you can kill it.

• Stating something is poorly designed because you can't beat it is valid when there is no true solve. That's not the case here. It can be beaten. Several successful squads have been listed in this thread. Also, people might want to start discussing kill order as that may or may not make the task easier.

EDIT (to add this): Having said that, I understand the frustration of being caught in an infinite loop with no escape. I'll bark up some trees and see what (if anything) happens.

Overall, I'm curious to know how you feel about events such as this one that offer more of a puzzle challenge, versus a blunt approach?

Puzzle challenges are great (especially since they get crowd sourced quickly).
    There really are two threads here:
    1) whiners who think it’s too hard to beat (it’s not, ignore them);
    2) critics of the shoddy/sleazy aspects of an event with a bad glitch that also specifically requires a paywall toon. CG has some splainin’ to do for #2 (pun intended).

lol. As developers, they should definitely not ignore the community whenever it’s whining or not.
  • Borat wrote: »
    Stating something is poorly designed because you can't beat it is valid when there is no true solve. That's not the case here. It can be beaten. Several successful squads have been listed in this thread. Also, people might want to start discussing kill order as that may or may not make the task easier.

2) critics of the shoddy/sleazy aspects of an event with a bad glitch that also specifically requires a paywall toon. CG has some splainin’ to do for #2 (pun intended).

Mando Beskar isn't a paywall toon anymore as all those needed are farmable. It was a few weeks ago but now it isn't IG, Kuill and mando can be easily farmed and for 3 weeks, 2 in cantina modes. Nest has always had that glitch too. not the first event that looped that way.

Can’t believe you are saying that one day after hard node release.
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator

Mando Beskar isn't a paywall toon anymore as all those needed are farmable. It was a few weeks ago but now it isn't IG, Kuill and mando can be easily farmed and for 3 weeks, 2 in cantina modes. Nest has always had that glitch too. not the first event that looped that way.

The problem with that logic is that GC lasts 3 days, not 3 weeks.

There's a time component to FTP as well. In fact, time is the main difference between FTP and PTP - PTP get them immediately, FTP have to wait a few months, and they haven't been out long enough. I don't spend, and used three refreshes on cantina every day while they were there, and I'm still ~130-140 shards away on both IG11 and Kuiil. It'll be another month or two before I can get them to 7*.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Cantina nodes were not farmable???

(I agree it's a little bit of a stretch to say that at this point, but still they have been farmable for longer than1 day)
  • Konju
    1158 posts Member

Kuill and IG have been in cantina for 3 weeks prior to hard nodes. Check your info. That is how I got them both to 7*. Read before you call out as your information is incorrect. If you farmed relic mats for the past 3 weeks you got either one or both of them in the drops, sometimes multiple shards too.

You had to pay to get them to 7* by now unless you had hoarded crystals and purchased packs with them. I did 3x100 everyday of the event for cantina and do not have either IG-11 or Kuiil to 6* let alone 7* (to be clear, that’s fine if either of these was the case for you, but they are not f2p 7* accessible yet without hoarded crystals).
  • Konju
    1158 posts Member
    No worries, I’m gonna do the math here in a bit.

Kuill and IG have been in cantina for 3 weeks prior to hard nodes. Check your info. That is how I got them both to 7*. Read before you call out as your information is incorrect. If you farmed relic mats for the past 3 weeks you got either one or both of them in the drops, sometimes multiple shards too.

Get down from that high horse bud.
    Yes, they were additive drops with a obviously lower droprate.
    Saying Mando isn’t a paywall anymore 1 day after going to hard nodes is.... Questionable.
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    From panic farm calculator. Of course this is for 1 toon not 2 but close enough. 21 days, 3* start on 16 cantina were the variable used.

Name Shards Needed Shards Per Day Farm Type Energy Refresh Per Day Node Refresh Per Day Shipment Shards Per Day Crystals Per Day Notes
    280 10.00 Cantina 4 5 0

Didn't paste well but basically states 10 shard per day which takes into account 4 free energy refreshes and 5 refreshes. 5400 crystals total. Even with bad RNG, you should have one at 7* and close on the second if you spent more than that which you can do with what I stated before (900 crystals from arenas, plus the extra from TBs)

Your math is way off somewhere. To get them 7* at the estimated 1% drop chance per energy (during the chase) would have cost 3100 crystals PER DAY (9 refreshes) over 21 days (65,100 total). Obviously this doesn't take into account any bought from shipments.

Get down from that high horse bud.
    Yes, they were additive drops with a obviously lower droprate.
    Saying Mando isn’t a paywall anymore 1 day after going to hard nodes is.... Questionable.

can you show me where it said lower drop rate. I missed that one.

can you show me when I said they wasn’t cantina drops? If we are playing that game.
  • Konju
    1158 posts Member
    45 (daily) + 120 (time refresh) + 720 (6 crystal refreshes) = 885 daily cantina energy.

885 x 22 days = 19,470 total energy over the course of the drop.

Assuming a drop rate consistent with the posts in the IG-11 and Kuiil drop rate thread of 2.2% per energy:
    19,470 x 0.022 = 428 shards.

Everyone got 60 shards of each for GCs so it ends up as:

660 (total shards) - 120 (GC shards) - 428 (assumed 2.2% drop rate result) = 112 shards needed to hit 660 total.

Your drop rate had to be significantly higher overall compared to the results over the course of the cantina drops, or you made a purchase, or you did 400 crystal refreshes. None would surprise me.
  • This is ridiculous. With my strongest fully reliced 7 teams, I can't get the top tiers done. Heck I can barely get a turn. And my scoundrels? Fully reliced upc Jango lead, and modded to hell, can barely get a turn in at even teir 5. Even my guild mates are getting wiped out with relic 8 gls at the top tier. This is isn't a challenge. At this point just call it by its true name "Galactic Pay-to-Play"

Beat t7 with jango han chewy nest and g8 cara. Just put lots speed on nest an cara. Stun piett with hans shoot first an then go to town on them. Caras aoe will keep em all stunned. Beat it without losing a single char An only han chewy nest is relic. Jango is g12 an as i said cara is g8. Just put my dr spd mods on nest an got cara to around 260 an beat it first try.

Thanks for this. Worked great for me. Relic'd Jango, Han and Chewie, g12 Nest, G11 Cara. Could definitely see it done with less gear.
  • Imo the difficulty was totally fine. My scoundrels aren't that good and I got t6 done pretty quickly with some remodding. T7 wasn't needed for the 2nd best loot box so I didn't tested that much there. Couldn't get the first loot box cause I got no beskar Mando but that's fine.

But tbh it was kinda annoying to restart the app on every failed attempt cause nest would tank the fight 15 mins long in perma stun.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim. Galactic Challenges are the first in a series of features (similar to how Grand Arena was the basis for Grand Arena Championships) that will work together to offer new ways to utilize your collection.”

Aka CG Logic: we want unbeatable events
    People have peppered this thread with squad combos that can beat the event. So it’s not unbeatable.

Sure but those squads if played just slightly wrong or not geared /modded just right either lose or trigger the endless loop.

Its not unbeat able but it is poorly done and in need of fixing
  • Stating something is poorly designed because you can't beat it is valid when there is no true solve. That's not the case here. It can be beaten. Several successful squads have been listed in this thread. Also, people might want to start discussing kill order as that may or may not make the task easier.

Could we state the same for challenge rancor? nah... people can beat it and it IS poorly designed.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Shaggalot
    24 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Was wondering something earlier when I watched that trooper team get up to over 1200 stacks... I bet even at that level they couldn't clear a rancor phase that's under 80% :joy: :

Juuuuuuuust joking!

Jango (L), Chewie, Han, Nest, L3 FTW BTW.

Three of those required characters are already farmable, but Kuiil and IG-11 haven’t reached farmable status on the Holotables yet. Lets quickly walk through how they will be unlocked because it’s a bit different than normal. First, both Kuiil and IG-11 will be available as Additive Drops on all Cantina nodes from December 16th through January 6th. Kuiil & IG-11 will then move to Hard Nodes right as the Additive Drops on Cantina nodes end on Jan 6th.

You're quoting a website that is not managed by Capital Games, and in fact, contained incorrect assumptions about the nature of the additive drop rates prior to release; I understand your confusion, as it was presented as an official statement. And I understand your point: get good. I appreciate that as a free-to-play player you were able to spend 900 crystals a day to obtain these two characters to obtain The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor). Yes, crystals are not a pay wall if you've been playing for some time, and yes, these characters can be "easily farmed," but not easily to 7 stars without multiple caveats. Good luck in the future too, Borat.

To be fully on topic:
    The in-game issue to address is not the turn meter train from Imperial troopers, but rather the inability to escape the train without a force close. The game is progressing in scope, but too many aspects are outsourced because the game does not contain the information or it's "impossible" to fix or update, such as raid communication tools or fleet management.

I'm excited to try out the team recommendations in this thread this weekend, and I have high hopes I won't be "whining" for too long.