Recommended Emulator

Bruellhusten123
34 posts Member
edited January 2021
With the lack of a PC client for the game, many of us use Android Emulators to play the game. Other games seem to have no problems with common emulators, but SWGOH is not very stable unfortunately.

From a dev perspective there is surely some tweaking necessary to make the game run stable on different devices. I understand why you want to focus the time on something else than tweaking the game to run well on all emulators out there, but it would be great if you properly support at least one of them.

Right now I lose about 1 of 10 GAC matches, because a fleet fight crashes on loading and about 1 of 20 TW fights crash.

Am playing competitively, so that is one of the biggest sources of frustration.

From coordinating TW I know that Ipads are a main source for crashes as well. If we have an efficient TW, we get down to about 15 drops of which easily half of them are crashes. Yes, 8 of 250 battles doesn't seem to be a lot, but the harder you try to be efficient, the more frustrating it gets when you drop efficiency by crashing.

I personally use Bluestacks (which already got the nickname Crashstacks). After a game crash it takes at least 3 attempts to get the game started again. It freezes shortly after loading.

My big wish would be: An emulator (or even better a PC client) where the game runs well on. Or in other words - an officially supported way of playing the game on a PC.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I play on Bluestacks, and you just need to run very fast through different screens before you start an important battle: GAC, TW, TB, ... If the game doesn't crash when you run fast through for example all the stores the game won't crash during the battle
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    I use Nox and am happy with it. Bluestacks if I wanna record smth (better fps and no sound issues that Nox has for whatever reason).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I used Bluestacks, but switched to Nox and had a better experience. I don't use it any more.

Unfortunately the dev team has stated that emulators are not a supported device. This means they most likely have no intentions of make any changes to have it run better on emulators.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I used Bluestacks, but switched to Nox and had a better experience. I don't use it any more.

Unfortunately the dev team has stated that emulators are not a supported device. This means they most likely have no intentions of make any changes to have it run better on emulators.
    Imho they are making a mistake when not thinking twice about that. Many competitive players rather play on the pc than on a little phone screen. Especially when we constantly communicate on discord while playing, or let a tutorial video run while practicing battles with a new team. On the pc we can do it all at once, on the phone it's way more complicated. A real pc client would be the QoL update I've been waiting for from the beginning.