Armorer kit reveal?

124Next

Replies

  • Nihion
    3138 posts Member
    But a return nonetheless!
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    That was a short return. :D

    At least he returned, however brief it was.
  • ShaggyB
    1919 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Should I share my theory?

    I’ll share my theory: To me, everything about Boba in the Mandalorian pointed toward him betraying Mando. I thought he was going to pull some epic stuff in Episode 8 that would complicate the plot, like being with Moff Gideon, and that Windu would be the Jedi so that he and Boba could have a rematch. I thought I saw that narrative choice coming from a mile away, but when it didn’t happen, I was genuinely surprised and confused. Moral of the story, I thought that Boba was definitely not a Mandalorian after that, but if Jango counts, I don’t see why Boba shouldn’t. He seems to hold just as much honor as his father.

    On that last point, if you are not from the planet, to be a Mandalorian you need to be following the creed.

    Him showing that the armor was his fathers got him the armor.

    But without following the creed I dont see how honor would make him a Mandalorian.

    I can teach my son everything I learned when becoming an engineer, it doesnt make him an engineer.

    I know he did cross paths and get taught the ways when he was younger, but that seemed to be him learning skills to survive in the underworld, not due to any commitment to the people/culture/creed, or even his father, which is what IMHO would be needed to be considered for the Mandalorian title.

    So I can see why he didnt get the tag in game, but there is and can be a long debate on this topic, since there is a lot to unpack in his history.

    Oh oh oh, this brings up an old debate I had somewhere on the forums about Jedi.
    So, by your logic Kyno, do you think that Luke is a Jedi before his restarts the Order. By the time Luke comes around, the Jedi order is gone, so the way to become a Jedi is gone. Just because Yoda teaches him some stuff, that doesn’t mean he’s a Jedi, just as your son wouldn’t be an engineer.

    But anyway, back in topic. I agree with your assessment of Boba...and by the looks of The Book of Boba Fett, he won’t be acting in the mando way anytime soon...but who knows.

    Luke's Jedi trial was confronting Darth Vader. He completed his training, as basic as it was.

    No no good sir. There were steps to becoming a Jedi...and those steps went away with the fall of the Jedi Order. Did Luke find his Kyber crystal? Nope. Did Luke pass the Jedi initiate Trials? Nope. Did Luke know any of the Jedi code? Nope. As Kyno stated above, just because he teaches his son all the ways of an engineer, that does not make his son an engineer.

    I believe that Luke became a Jedi after he gathered the Jedi texts learned from them and restarted the Jedi Order.

    “No. Not yet. One thing remains. Vader. You must confront Vader. Then, only then, a Jedi will you be. And confront him you will.”
    Yoda

    Luke did create a lightsaber in Old Bens hut. That is why it is green in RotJ. Btw, he was the Jedi in the movie ;)

    Maybe the Jedi referred to in the title was Anakin. ;)
    \

    "I am Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight and friend to Captain Solo." - Luke in RotJ

    "I am a Jedi, like my father before me." - Luke in RotJ

    To be fair when luke tells jabba that first one.... hes not correct. Yoda hasnt granted him the level of jedi knight. Jabba just doesnt need to know that, but from his laugh i think he finds it funny and doesnt care.

    Back to Yoda. Yoda tells him he isnt one till he confronts vader.

    So your second quote is correct. Whe he tells that to palpatine... he is a jedi as hes done what yoda asked and didnt fall to the darkside.

    Palpatine confirms it, for whatever that is worth... "So be it... Jedi"
  • How do y’all feel about the Armorer(sic)?

    So far I’m not big on her
  • RTS
    240 posts Member
    edited January 15
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    wait a minute. If you're an engineer and teach your kid everything you learned and know, how is he not an engineer? That's how jobs worked for thousands of years (and sometimes still do).

    Because the real world is different than fiction. Nobody has ever "been" a job that requires a high level degree just because they learned it from their parent(s).

    You're not a doctor just because your parent was and taught you what they know - it's not how it works.

    Feudal systems worked like that for years. A blacksmith would have an apprentice. Said person would learn said job hands on and then take it over or go open their own shop in a different village.

    So you are completely wrong when you use an absolute like "Nobody has ever".... because a bunch of people in history have. That may not be how modern times in first world countries work today... but history covers a lot of time...

    What kind of degree is required to be a blacksmith?

    Now what kind of degree is required to be an engineer or a doctor?
  • RTS
    240 posts Member
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    How do y’all feel about the Armorer(sic)?

    So far I’m not big on her

    I've seen a video of - in arena - a 3* Armorer enabling SEE to beat out SLKR. There was nothing about the mods etc, but taking the video at face value it looked very interesting.

    Personally, if I can't find a way to "force" her to put the buff on a specific character I'm less interested than I might otherwise be, but the SEE video brought her up a couple notches in my eyes.
  • RTS wrote: »
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    How do y’all feel about the Armorer(sic)?

    So far I’m not big on her

    I've seen a video of - in arena - a 3* Armorer enabling SEE to beat out SLKR. There was nothing about the mods etc, but taking the video at face value it looked very interesting.

    Personally, if I can't find a way to "force" her to put the buff on a specific character I'm less interested than I might otherwise be, but the SEE video brought her up a couple notches in my eyes.

    That was probably my video. I'm happy to answer any questions about mods, etc. The SEE was modded for defense (2x health sets, 1x def set, 4x def primaries). It has proven very consistent over the last day. I recently upgraded the armorer and can now effectively beat pretty much any SLKR team with just 3 characters (SEE + Armorer + Pretaunt).



  • RTS
    240 posts Member
    Mandelbro wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    How do y’all feel about the Armorer(sic)?

    So far I’m not big on her

    I've seen a video of - in arena - a 3* Armorer enabling SEE to beat out SLKR. There was nothing about the mods etc, but taking the video at face value it looked very interesting.

    Personally, if I can't find a way to "force" her to put the buff on a specific character I'm less interested than I might otherwise be, but the SEE video brought her up a couple notches in my eyes.

    That was probably my video. I'm happy to answer any questions about mods, etc. The SEE was modded for defense (2x health sets, 1x def set, 4x def primaries). It has proven very consistent over the last day. I recently upgraded the armorer and can now effectively beat pretty much any SLKR team with just 3 characters (SEE + Armorer + Pretaunt).



    I think it was yours yeah, that's extremely interesting - great work.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    As I have said before, I dont think there will be a kit, as she will have a table in the hall that deals with the "conquest" game mode thats coming. She will craft the "artifacts" needed for that mode. OR OR OR, she will take gear to reforge it to better gear, Mk4 stun guns to Mk5 stun guns, but I think this is less likely to happen as it would clash with the Jawa....just speculation.

    Worst SWGOH prediction of 2021 so far. But certainly the coolest!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Iy4oy4s
    2217 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    As I have said before, I dont think there will be a kit, as she will have a table in the hall that deals with the "conquest" game mode thats coming. She will craft the "artifacts" needed for that mode. OR OR OR, she will take gear to reforge it to better gear, Mk4 stun guns to Mk5 stun guns, but I think this is less likely to happen as it would clash with the Jawa....just speculation.

    Worst SWGOH prediction of 2021 so far. But certainly the coolest!

    Swing and a miss, but still has a slight chance of coming true....except the playable part.
  • TVF
    27417 posts Member
    Well she did get a table at least.
    The CGDF is recruiting. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    1919 posts Member
    edited January 19
    RTS wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    wait a minute. If you're an engineer and teach your kid everything you learned and know, how is he not an engineer? That's how jobs worked for thousands of years (and sometimes still do).

    Because the real world is different than fiction. Nobody has ever "been" a job that requires a high level degree just because they learned it from their parent(s).

    You're not a doctor just because your parent was and taught you what they know - it's not how it works.

    Feudal systems worked like that for years. A blacksmith would have an apprentice. Said person would learn said job hands on and then take it over or go open their own shop in a different village.

    So you are completely wrong when you use an absolute like "Nobody has ever".... because a bunch of people in history have. That may not be how modern times in first world countries work today... but history covers a lot of time...

    What kind of degree is required to be a blacksmith?

    Now what kind of degree is required to be an engineer or a doctor?

    So you believe that doctors in the middle ages all had degrees?

    Again im not saying doctors dont get degrees in 2021.... but in the middle ages during a true fuedal system... they did not.

    Your use of "Nobody has ever" is why you are wrong. Many people in history have gone through their lives being taught by someone already recognized as a "whatever profession" on how to be said profession.

    Today's world doesnt work that way but several people have in the history of the world done the exact thing you claim nobody has ever done.

    Edit
    Also many people seeking the job of blacksmith learn in a vocational school setting now... but there are a few colleges in the United States that offer bachelores and masters degrees in metalsmithing.
Sign In or Register to comment.