CG_Doja_Fett_MINI
520 posts EA Community Manager
edited January 2021
[ Developer Insight - Kit Reveal - Mandalorian Tag ]
i9dmlwa4jysp.png

UNIT NAME: The Armorer
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Support, Leader, Mandalorian
A Mandalorian leader and support unit that collects Beskar to buff her team and rally them.

ABILITIES:

Basic: TEMPERED STRIKE
444cts70d7hr.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy twice. If the target has Armor Shred, The Armorer gains 1 stack of Beskar Ingot (max 3 stacks).

Beskar Ingot: Used to bestow Beskar Armor on allies

Special 1: (ZETA) EARN YOUR SIGNET (Cooldown 3)
fvmducd8uxya.gif

FINAL TEXT: The Armorer loses all stacks of Beskar Ingot and grants target other ally a tier of Beskar Armor equal to the number of stacks of Beskar Ingot removed until the end of the encounter, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. This ability can't be used if you have no stacks of Beskar Ingot.

Beskar Armor

1 Stack- +50% Defence and +15% Health Up

2 Stack- Recover 30% Protection at the end of turn

3 Stack- +100% Counter Chance and can't be critically hit

Special 2: THIS IS THE WAY (Cooldown 3)
2m760mls039p.gif

FINAL TEXT: Inflict Armor Shred on target enemy until the end of battle. Call all Mandalorian allies and allies with Beskar Armor to assist, dealing 10% less damage.

Leader: OUR SURVIVAL IS THROUGH OUR STRENGTH

FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, Mandalorian allies gain Protection Up (200%), which can't be dispelled or prevented, and Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns.

Unique 1: BOTH HUNTER AND PREY

FINAL TEXT: The first time another ally falls below 60% Health, The Armorer gains a stack of Beskar Ingot and that ally recovers 40% Protection. The Armorer starts with 2 stacks of Beskar Ingot.

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    JML as synergy suggestion lol

That is a surprise for sure

Wat Tank Tech + Beskar Ignot with 2 Stacks on JML would be crazy good (60% protection recovery per turn)

What's the AI priority for distributing Beskar Ingots?
  • Don't you remember when the Armorer helped Rey and Jedi Master Luke and worked with Wat Tambor?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

I'll take what is RNG for 1000
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

No harm in waiting for official confirmation since some abilities and tageting have priorities
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I'm still not seeing a good synergy with BMA, but maybe Bo-Katan or someone else might be the missing link to complete his squad

Although the insights recommend waiting for 100% counter chance, that's kinda useless when BMA has disciplined stance and it feels like a contradiction or a waste if AI uses it on him
  • Is the leadership like Bastila lead that gives a permanent protection up until it's "burned through"? Or is only for 2 turns. The way its worded it seems like it's only 2 turns, just want to make sure.
  • Finally! Sabine is being used for something!
  • Don't you remember when the Armorer helped Rey and Jedi Master Luke and worked with Wat Tambor?

Not exactly an accurate game now is it lmao, Master Luke can fight with his old self, father and a dead separatist leader
  • Ultra wrote: »
    JML as synergy suggestion lol

That is a surprise for sure

Wat Tank Tech + Beskar Ignot with 2 Stacks on JML would be crazy good (60% protection recovery per turn)

3 stacks under JKR lead means JML would recover protection every time he counters, too...
  • hate the non faction synergy all the time...
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Is the leadership like Bastila lead that gives a permanent protection up until it's "burned through"? Or is only for 2 turns. The way its worded it seems like it's only 2 turns, just want to make sure.
    Only the critical hit immunity is for two turns, I’m guessing the protection works exactly like bastilas

DarthNoscoper#6969
  • No synergy with GK and Hounds Tooth?
  • I'm interested to see how The Armorer works with Beskar Mando. If she was a scoundrel, that could make for a crazy good team, but we'll have to see. I could see her being used with BMando anyway, although she wouldn't get the scoundrel synergy.
  • MikKro wrote: »
    No synergy with GK and Hounds Tooth?
    Obi wan finds the beskar too uncivilised

DarthNoscoper#6969
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    The protection on the leadership is a good benefit, but the rest of it seems completely lackluster. I leave the possibility open that I am missing something, but I do not see a good reason to use her leadership with the Mandalorian tag when Beskar, non-Beskar Mando, Canderous, and Jango are best used elsewhere.
  • This kit is insanely disappointing
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    The protection on the leadership is a good benefit, but the rest of it seems completely lackluster. I leave the possibility open that I am missing something, but I do not see a good reason to use her leadership with the Mandalorian tag when Beskar, non-Beskar Mando, Canderous, and Jango are best used elsewhere.

I think the real mando lead tag for a good while will be Bo-Katan and this is just a placeholder lead to provide some synergy between the tags

I don't see the point of having a mando tag only team either, I think Jango needs a touch up to have his PO activated under Mando lead too
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

No harm in waiting for official confirmation since some abilities and tageting have priorities

we spoke about it. that situation and the Bast lead team came up. its random, to make it avoid being setup to 100% work on defense.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    As the first new toon of 2021, i imagine there will be more mandalorian tagged toons on the way for her to synergise with like bo katan or koska reeves etc

DarthNoscoper#6969
    As the first new toon of 2021, i imagine there will be more mandalorian tagged toons on the way for her to synergise with like bo katan or koska reeves etc

Hopefully Pre Vizla as well
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

we spoke about it. that situation and the Bast lead team came up. its random, to make it avoid being setup to 100% work on defense.

Oh ok

Why do they don't want teams to do well on defense is beyond me, most of the benefit on investing on toons is to have them be great on defense

Hopefully Pre Vizla as well
    As interesting as that would be, i was thinking realistically. Clone wars is finished and i really doubt we will see pre viszla in media anytime soon (considering he’s dead). And unless they decide to return to clone wars as a theme for toons, (which is very unlikely die to all the new star wars projects upcoming which they will likely focus on), most likely toons will be mandos from the mandalorian (and potentially the new ahsoka show)
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Oh ok

Why do they don't want teams to do well on defense is beyond me, most of the benefit on investing on toons is to have them be great on defense

This can make teams work great on defense, but I believe this is one of those things they did to make sure those specific comps dont automatically work.

this intention with this was probably to avoid timeout teams, but also they try to push certain ideas on toons and teams, some better at PvP, some at PvE, some offense, some at defense. making them good at all/most/more of them may be too OP, and/or reserved for a certain level of toon.
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    Though if we get Pre Vizla, can we please get the real Gar Saxon (Clone Wars S7) in game?
  • Kyno wrote: »

Oh ok

This can make teams work great on defense, but I believe this is one of those things they did to make sure those specific comps dont automatically work.

this intention with this was probably to avoid timeout teams, but also they try to push certain ideas on toons and teams, some better at PvP, some at PvE, some offense, some at defense. making them good at all/most/more of them may be too OP, and/or reserved for a certain level of toon.

But the real question is are they fixing the lobby music in this update
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • Speculation alert.. I hope this means that there are more mandalorians coming...and some of them may be needed for the next set of GLs.. S7 Ahsoka and Maul
    Retired profile of the leader of Dark KøR. He is now a Max Content Force Wraith, constantly feeling the presence of the content, seeking to provide maximum content to every customer still playing this game.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Oh ok

Its only a timeout team if you don't have the right toons (which means the player isn't investing the resources correctly)

SEE can still prevent Wat + Armorer combos,
    Raid Han can also prevent Armorer + Wat combos,
    etc

We just had a Galactic Challenge where it showed Imperial Troopers can potentially timeout in certain scenarios

But no point arguing since they already made their decision on something i disagree with
  • It’s hammer time lol
  • Unrestricted unique and the fact that SLKR deletes a pre taunt, maybe she's the missing Sith lord that makes SEE counter kylo?
  • Can you add a stack onto another stack to bring it to tier two Beskar Armor?