Future content, KOTOR?

Prev1
I seem to remember back in the days of CG_Carrie, when they wrapped on KOTOR last time they said they would return to it down the road. After Carrie left, I think the plan might have changed, but what is the communities perspective? Do you think there is more in store for KOTOR down the road?

Replies

• A lot of directions they can go right now. With these new shows coming I would bet they head in that direction:

Mandalorian Season 3
    The Bad Batch
    Andor
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Droid Story
    The Acolyte
    Lando
    Ahsoka
    Rangers of the New republic
    The Book of Boba Fett
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • It’s worth pointing out that acolyte could have some tie to OR given it’s taking place around darth banes time
  • There are some potential issues with the prospect of more o.r.

First all the new content mentioned above.

Second the high republic era is more official and exists in a similar 'early' part of the star wars time line.

So it may or may not happen but is definitely not a given
  • Yeah I kinda figured things would change because KOTOR was Carrie’s pet project. However it has been confirmed that Disney has plans for the KOTOR era (google it) in addition to a rumored KOTOR remake
  • I would assume the next SW trilogy could be about Revan
  • Yes my understanding is that the kotor content planned is just the remake, which wouldn't automatically give any new characters. I'd guess there wouldn't be any new characters.

So the problem is that with so many things to choose from how likely is it that cg chooses to focus on o.r., where there is no new content with so much new content elsewhere, that is likely also exciting people more?
  • I personally feel like prequels and ace will be the next big focus, given the widespread popularity and bad batch show. But who know... I’m personally hoping for a master Kenobi GL
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Everything I’ve read seems to indicate they’re taking KOTOR 1&2, dicing them up, and then cherry picking parts to sprinkle into a new/canon “KOTOR” story
  • Thant would be cool, work vitiate and mandalorian wars in there
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    I want them to revisit KOTOR but given how much star wars content they have ongoing, and upcoming, I just don't see them bringing anymore KOTOR toons anytime soon
  • You are probably right, again it really was Carries pet project
  • Pile wrote: »
    My guess would be much of the first game will remain and Metra Surik will either be repurposed or deleted all together with Revan taking on the triumvirate.

I’ll be upset if they fool around with KOTOR, but if they stray in any way that significantly impacts the story of KOTOR 2, I’m going to personally travel back in time and buy Star Wars from George Lucas and then lock it in a vault.
  • I'd much rather see more content from the original trilogy.
    We're still waiting for Jabba The Hutt, Bib Fortuna, Crix Madine, Nien Nunb, maybe a couple of unique TIE pilots, the two snowspeeder gunners, Admiral Ozzel, Captain Needa, Death Star Trooper, Captain Bast, Red 5 ... !
    I'd love to see more representation for the trilogy that started it all.
  • Stenun wrote: »
    I'd much rather see more content from the original trilogy.
    We're still waiting for Jabba The Hutt, Bib Fortuna, Crix Madine, Nien Nunb, maybe a couple of unique TIE pilots, the two snowspeeder gunners, Admiral Ozzel, Captain Needa, Death Star Trooper, Captain Bast, Red 5 ... !

Meh, I’m all for OG trilogy stuff but the only one I’d even remotely care about being added to the game in that list is Jabba

Perfect first choice 😉
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    Stenun wrote: »

Meh, I’m all for OG trilogy stuff but the only one I’d even remotely care about being added to the game in that list is Jabba

Even better!

I'd really like Red 5! Given it's importance to both the original film and EpIX, it think it's a no brainer that Luke's X-Wing should be in the game - with Luke (Farmboy) as the pilot.
    I reckon they should also add Red Leader and Red 1, rename Biggs and Wedge's shipd back to the Red call signs and then have a Red squadron of ships with Red Leader giving all Red X-Wings a bonus of some sort.
  • They can easily do Meetra Surik legendary event. The sith trio, both revans and visas are already part of the game. Only needs 2 or 3 new characters for her.

P.S : Meetra Surik >>> Reyyyy
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »

I'd really like Red 5! Given it's importance to both the original film and EpIX, it think it's a no brainer that Luke's X-Wing should be in the game - with Luke (Farmboy) as the pilot.
    I reckon they should also add Red Leader and Red 1, rename Biggs and Wedge's shipd back to the Red call signs and then have a Red squadron of ships with Red Leader giving all Red X-Wings a bonus of some sort.

I won’t lie I didn’t catch red 5 at the end there that could be cool, I’m always up for new ships. Definitely a shame we don’t have Luke’s X-Wing
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Blah_Blah wrote: »
    They can easily do Meetra Surik legendary event. The sith trio, both revans and visas are already part of the game. Only needs 2 or 3 new characters for her.

Would love this

Remember your action figures....:)
    If they did R5, they'll go the Kenner route and we'll get Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot we'll have to level up first. There will be an event, and you'll have to R5 him or something to get it.

Still out there - snow speeder, a-wing, b-wing (each had unique pilots as well) , TIE-Interceptor.

Jabba would be interesting (and that'd bring in the whole lot of characters from the palace and the barge...Yakface anyone? :) Given that literally, 3 people were inside jabba to get him to move onscreen, how exactly do you do jabba in here? They'd have to rewrite the fighting lineup to stick him in back all by his gigantic self with 4 toons in front of him. He doesn't have a weapon, so his commands would be what? calling random toons in from the side to fight for him? GL Jabba. his special sends you to a special room to right the rancor!
  • I would love to see Atton Rand, Mira, Hanharr, and others from KotOR 2 in this game. But one of the coolest parts about KotOR 2 was being able to turn your companions light or dark and teach them to use the Force. Atton without Force powers is just another Han Solo ... an assassin Han Solo, but still Han Solo.

As for OT, Jabba is a must, followed closely by Zuckuss and 4-LOM to finish up the ESB bounty hunters.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    My hats in the ring to finish out kotor 2. I also agree with needing the companions to have both ls and ds versions.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    Would love to see more KOTOR 2 than anything, unfortunately I think it’s unlikely anytime soon
  • You know this is inspiring me to play KOTOR, KOTOR 2 and SWTOR after my exams are over. Are they available on PS4?
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Blah_Blah wrote: »
    They can easily do Meetra Surik legendary event. The sith trio, both revans and visas are already part of the game. Only needs 2 or 3 new characters for her.

I'd like to see both Meetra and Revan as GLs (maybe as "grey" GL pair instead of common LS/DS). But... one can only dream I suppose.

Also absence of Red-5 and Death Star raid are biggest holes in the entire game content (both are no less iconic than Luke himself).
  • You know this is inspiring me to play KOTOR, KOTOR 2 and SWTOR after my exams are over. Are they available on PS4?

Don’t think any of the kotors are on PlayStation unfortunately. They can be played on phone although I can’t attest to how well it runs or they’re backwards compatible on Xbox but unfortunately that probably doesn’t help you much. The thread got me wanting to play as well so playing through kotor 2 at the moment
    You know this is inspiring me to play KOTOR, KOTOR 2 and SWTOR after my exams are over. Are they available on PS4?

Don’t think any of the kotors are on PlayStation unfortunately. They can be played on phone although I can’t attest to how well it runs or they’re backwards compatible on Xbox but unfortunately that probably doesn’t help you much. The thread got me wanting to play as well so playing through kotor 2 at the moment

Thx. Guess I'll play on PC. Is mac available?
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    You know this is inspiring me to play KOTOR, KOTOR 2 and SWTOR after my exams are over. Are they available on PS4?

Thx. Guess I'll play on PC. Is mac available?

I believe so, don’t hold me to it but a very quick search said yes so