GA: GL's vs. No GL's

RolandDeschain
1 posts Member
edited February 2021
I'm sick and tired of being matched with opponents who have Galatic Legends when I have none, especially against GL Rey whom there's no good non-GL counter. It's basically an auto-win for the player with the GL. Someone could have a couple million more GP than the opponent and still lose. If you want REAL "competition" you should have a mechanic that matches GL vs. GL for players and not just GP.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• but why? I worked hard for my Gl I skipped Jkr Malak Geos Jedi And went straight 1st order that was my decision as a game player. I just made the best decision for me and my guild maybe u should work on getting and stop complaining Gls aren't going anywhere but they're are plenty of counters fo each one.
  • TrippAlpha wrote: »
    but why? I worked hard for my Gl I skipped Jkr Malak Geos Jedi And went straight 1st order that was my decision as a game player. I just made the best decision for me and my guild maybe u should work on getting and stop complaining Gls aren't going anywhere but they're are plenty of counters fo each one.

A GL is worth 10 revans. For it to be truly fair, it would double the value of a GL when calculating top 80 GP. That way, people who have GLs face other people who have GLs. That's the easiest way to fix this mess. I have no GLs and I'm facing someone with 2 GLs and a JKL.
  • I don't know, I have faced many opponents with GL without having one and I did just fine..You just need to know the counters or set your defense to play the 2 zones match..
  • **** wrote: »
    TrippAlpha wrote: »
    but why? I worked hard for my Gl I skipped Jkr Malak Geos Jedi And went straight 1st order that was my decision as a game player. I just made the best decision for me and my guild maybe u should work on getting and stop complaining Gls aren't going anywhere but they're are plenty of counters fo each one.

A GL is worth 10 revans. For it to be truly fair, it would double the value of a GL when calculating top 80 GP. That way, people who have GLs face other people who have GLs. That's the easiest way to fix this mess. I have no GLs and I'm facing someone with 2 GLs and a JKL.

You forget the prerequisites for Rey that you never use in GAC and inflate your GP like crazy.

However, there could be a case for Relics value compared to their GP cost imo. The GP difference between a G13 and a R7 is huge, much more than the efficiency difference in most cases imo.
  • Let's take this to the next level. I have 1 GL and 65 G13s. I routinely get matched against another player who has 3 GLs and 100 G13s. I've been playing since day one, and all the newer players or second accounts who focused on GLs have a distinct advantage. I always finish Auroduium and can't get into Kyber. Add the fact that mod manipulation effects the matches and it gets even more skewed. Something needs to be done to even the matchmaking.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Mod manipulation? Lol what.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Mortisbs wrote: »
    Let's take this to the next level. I have 1 GL and 65 G13s. I routinely get matched against another player who has 3 GLs and 100 G13s. I've been playing since day one, and all the newer players or second accounts who focused on GLs have a distinct advantage. I always finish Auroduium and can't get into Kyber. Add the fact that mod manipulation effects the matches and it gets even more skewed. Something needs to be done to even the matchmaking.
    I have 1 GL and 50 g13s and my opponents have 0 or 1 GL. I always finish in Kyber.

Your roster management choices are what help or hurt you in matchmaking. "Mod manipulation" is fringe at best, I don't even give it a second thought.

Edit: corrected g13 count to 50. #derp
    Post edited by Rath_Tarr on
  • Mortisbs wrote: »
    Let's take this to the next level. I have 1 GL and 65 G13s. I routinely get matched against another player who has 3 GLs and 100 G13s. I've been playing since day one, and all the newer players or second accounts who focused on GLs have a distinct advantage. I always finish Auroduium and can't get into Kyber. Add the fact that mod manipulation effects the matches and it gets even more skewed. Something needs to be done to even the matchmaking.

You didn't take relics into account. It a huge factor in GP.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

I have 73 and 3 GL’s (and jkl). I had about 4-7 less before Crancor raid was just released and had to take those to r5 for the raid. Those extra relic chars and levels have def made gac harder lately though, but that’s how the system works so it is what it is
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • **** wrote: »
    TrippAlpha wrote: »

Post your swgoh.gg links to see the rosters.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • GLey got no good none GL counter?? really??!
    GLey got more than 1 good none GL counter. If you don't know/have it it's on you.
    Be better and stop crying
  • avihas wrote: »
    GLey got no good none GL counter?? really??!
    GLey got more than 1 good none GL counter. If you don't know/have it it's on you.

It was posted during 3v3. It's much harder to counter Rey without a GL in 3v3.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    avihas wrote: »

Vader can do that, GA$ can do that too
    Starslayer wrote: »

Sure Vader can do that. If going up against a garbage Rey comp. Or if RH Finn is hilariously slow modded. Or if you sacrifice 30 banners for the setup (Playbook has a good video about it).
    JKR, GAS, Thrawn requires the same setup.
    JKR, GAS, JKL is very risky.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Why are people still using a dollar for the "S" when he's been out for 18 months?
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »

Why are people still using a dollar for the "S" when he's been out for 18 months?

BeCaU$e MoNeY gRaB
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

To justify bad roster decisions?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • It used to be that I had matches against 1 GL, but now they have 2 of them. I am working on one, but it is seems that there is something wrong in their algorithm to have that happen.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    nottenst wrote: »
    It used to be that I had matches against 1 GL, but now they have 2 of them. I am working on one, but it is seems that there is something wrong in their algorithm to have that happen.

It's your roster construction, not the matchmaking.
  • TVF wrote: »

And you do not understand the points being made.

What is being said here that the matchmaking algorithm should take into account whether someone has actually achieved getting a GL or not. The way it is working right now is that if someone is working on a GL they have built up enough GP to be matched against someone who has one or two GLs. Matching those two rosters would appear to be a flaw in the matchmaking.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    nottenst wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

And you do not understand the points being made.

What is being said here that the matchmaking algorithm should take into account whether someone has actually achieved getting a GL or not.

The points have been made since the beginning of GAC, I do understand them, and no, it shouldn't.

You have 5.7m GP and no GL. That's not the matchmaking's fault.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    To follow up on this, my alt has half the GP (2.75m) and unlocks SLKR this weekend.

You are welcome to choose to ignore meta toons. You are not welcome to expect the matchmaking to bail you out for it.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

I have 73 and 3 GL’s (and jkl). I had about 4-7 less before Crancor raid was just released and had to take those to r5 for the raid. Those extra relic chars and levels have def made gac harder lately though, but that’s how the system works so it is what it is

The thing with GL vs non GL is that it's impossible, not just more difficult. Like absurdly impossible.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

The thing with GL vs non GL is that it's impossible, not just more difficult. Like absurdly impossible.

There are counters to everything iirc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    To follow up on this, my alt has half the GP (2.75m) and unlocks SLKR this weekend.

You are welcome to choose to ignore meta toons. You are not welcome to expect the matchmaking to bail you out for it.

Still relevant.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

False. There are known counters to each GL.

I beat a GL last match without using my own and I didn't even have the proper counters prepared.
  • Merailla wrote: »
    I don't know, I have faced many opponents with GL without having one and I did just fine..You just need to know the counters or set your defense to play the 2 zones match..

Exactly. Its rare that there is no path to victory at all if you have a deep roster and place intelligently. But that opens a new can of worms where you get punished in ranking for winning with defense and thats a diff discussion I know better than to start 🤪