3 weeks in, need some guidance

Prev1345
Intimmydation
679 posts Member
edited January 2021
So I'm just around three weeks into a F2P first time account and making some good progress, but looking for a little guidance of where to improve / focus on next / farming paths:
  • Level 59
  • Phoenix Squad all at 7* except Kanan who should be there tomorrow, 4/5 are G7
  • Thrawn and Palp both unlocked 5*
  • LS Hard 6D / DS Hard 4F (stopped here due to lack of leveling my Empire team for now)

I've stalled a bit in Squad Arena with this team with highest ranking just around #300 on a daily basis, as I just don't seem to have enough DD in the 5 minute time limit with PS.

My plan was to keep leveling / gearing this PS team as my main squad to eventually get Thrawn/EP at 7*. In the meantime I have been farming Old Ben (5*), Luminara (5*) and Ahsoka (3*) to go for GMY next. Once those other 3 Jedi are at 7*, the plan was to focus on Empire (Thrawn, EP, Vader, Tarkin, TFP) for R2.

My main question is, should I continue to focus on PS as my main team for Squad Arena, or is there another team I should start to focus on gearing / leveling to climb higher than Rank 300?

Overall I think I am making good progress, even though the 1st week of play I didn't really have a plan and invested some resources in characters I probably shouldn't have.

Cheers!

Replies

• Phoenix must reach 7* g8 min and max unless you are going for a rebel fleet.

Continue to side-farm phoenix with main focus on Empire.

Forget Luminara. If you are taking up Ahsoka, you can also take up JKA for a second and go for Padme next.

But if you want decent advice (e.g. looking more in depth) please post your swgoh.gg account or if you don't have one, create one @ swgoh.gg

My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/

• thanks. I shall look and come back in ~15 hours with a detailed farming guide and gearing advice.
  • @Intimmydation LEAVE THE STARTER GUILDS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
  • *Update*

So I decided to buy the Hyperdrive Bundle because why not. Trying to convince myself that my 3 weeks of grinding wasn't a waste, which I am going to say it wasn't because it helped me learn the game mechanics plus anyway I've taken the full PS to 7* legit, but now have a 7* EP with the help of HDB, now to finish Thrawn 7*.

Since I did this, I now have a ton of different options for directions, so trying to decide.

I guess I need to take PS a bit higher than lvl 80 to get Thrawn at 7*, then I am thinking Jedi for GMY still, but with Ezra, Kanan, Old Ben, Ahsoka and now Bastilla.

But now with all these materials and upgrades available to me, where should my focus be on after that?
    KOTOR to go for JKR, CLS, Padme....a Galactic Legend?
  • @Intimmydation LEAVE THE STARTER GUILDS NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Yes in process of joining a real guild as we speak

Yes in process of joining a real guild as we speak

Perfect
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Regarding your struggles in squad arena:
    Your Phoenix are great for unlocking EP and Thrawn but players usually abandon their Phoenix arena teams soon after to move on to f.ex. an empire team (with EP, Vader and Thrawn as the core members).

You have several main paths to choose from now:
    Unlock a 7* R2D2 and farm ST Han, Old Ben, Leia and Farmboy Luke to unlock CLS.
    Farm Old Republic to unlock JK Revan followed by Darth Revan and Malak.
    Farm separatists to unlock Padme and build a Galactic Republic team.

Disregarding which path you choose you should also focus on your mods until you have at least 1 good set of 5* mods for your arena team which you can also move around to other teams for raids/events etc.
    Speed is important in arena. Speed primary arrows and mods with good speed secondaries and suitable primary stats and set types will help you greatly in arena. Don't underestimate their importance.

• No matter which path you choose, work on gearing a Vader empire team while you farm up your next team.
    Ex: while you farm shards for JKR, gear up vader at the same time.
    It doesn't matter too much which path you choose. Pick what will be most fun for you
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Squads: I'll go on a nice long path for that later.

Fleet: Galactic Republic, Empire, Separatist and Rebel are most important. Ignore Endurance, Chimaera, FO Fleet, and Resistance Fleet until necessary.

Store Farming Guide:

Regular and weekly shipments:
    Get valuable gear only with crystals, get all credit gear. Click here for valuable gear guide.

Cantina Store:
    1. Fives 7*
    2. Ahsoka 7*
    3. Bistan 7*
    4. Old Daka 7*
    5. Jawa Scavenger 7*
    6. First Order Officer 7*
    7. Hoth Rebel Scout 7*
    8. Cassian's U-wing 7* + SSC

Guild Store:
    1. Rex 7*
    2. Logray 7*
    3. Dengar 7*
    4. Sun Fac 7*
    5. Jawa Engineer 7*
    6. Colonel Starck 7*
    7. FO SF TP 7*

Squad Arena Store:
    1. Stormtrooper Han 7*
    2. Grand Moff Tarkin 7*
    3. Princess Leia 7*
    4. Cassian Andor 7*
    5. Asajj Ventress 7*
    6. Chief Nebit 7*
    7. Nute Gunray 7*
    8. Admiral Ackbar 7*
    9. HK-47 7*

Galactic War Store (once over 2k, start buying other stuff):
    1. Umbaran Starfighter whenever it appears
    2. Geonosian Ships 7*
    3. Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter 7*
    4. Ahsoka's Starfighter 7*
    5. Clone Sergeant's ARC-170 7*
    6. K-2SO 7*
    7. Rebel Ships 7*
    8. Biggs 7*
    9. Poggle the Lesser 7*
    10. Dathcha 7*
    11. Cad 7*
    12. Ships for SSC

GET 1:
    1. Hoda 7*
    2. Wampa 7*
    3. Hoard for GAS and Malak and farm to 7* GAS 1st

GET 2:
    1. Negotiator 7*
    2. Malevolence 7*

Will Continue ASAP with Fleet Store and Energy
    Post edited by TheChild_eats_eggs1 on
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 How were you able to make that when OP hasn't said what path he will take?
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 How were you able to make that when OP hasn't said what path he will take?

He DMed me about him not being sure. I am in touch with him on there
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Fleet Arena Store (Go to the next if over 2k):
    1. Darth Vader 7*
    2. TIE Advanced 7*
    3. Grievous 7*
    4. Sun Fac's ship 7*
    5. Wedge Antilles 7*
    6. TFP 7*
    7. Geonosian Spy 7*
    8. Galactic Republic Ships other than Consular's Ship & Tano's ship 7*
    9. Bistan's U-wing 7*
    10. Ghost 7*
    11. Phantom II 7*
    12. Gauntlet Starfighter 7*
    13. TIE Fighter 7*
    14. FOTP 7*
    15. FOTF 7*
    16. Slave I 7*
    17. Scimitar 7*
    18. Plo Koon 7*
    19. Chirrut Imwe 7*
    20. Ahsoka Fulcrum 7*
    Post edited by TheChild_eats_eggs1 on
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    @TheChild_eats_eggs1 How were you able to make that when OP hasn't said what path he will take?

v7i01z6ajfu8.png

Note for OP: Those first 3 on the fleet shipment list (Grievous, Vader, TIE Advanced) hardly ever show up. So always have some currency on hand for when they do.

v7i01z6ajfu8.png

Note for OP: Those first 3 on the fleet shipment list (Grievous, Vader, TIE Advanced) hardly ever show up. So always have some currency on hand for when they do.

I keep 2k in store for when they come. That’s a good minimum (I once got all 3 and only had 800 left to use on TIE Advanced 2wice in a row
  • Guys thanks so much for all the feedback here. Will digest it a bit to see which direction to go. So far have 7* EP, 6* Vader and Thrawn, and GMY snd R2 at 5*.

Will start to gear the Empire team to use for Arena, any suggestions on 4 and 5 spots? Shore, TFP, Tarkin? Last two I can get to 7* pretty quick but Shore will be 5 for a while.
  • Cantina Energy Farming:
    1. Old Ben 7*
    2. Farmboy Luke 7*
    3. Gar Suxon 7*
    4. ISC 7*
    5. Death Trooper 7*
    6. Jedi Knight Anakin 7*
    7. Geonosian Soldier 7*
    8. Geonosian Brood Alpha 7*
    9. Scarif Rebel Pathfinder 7*
    10. KRU / TIE Silencer 7*
    11. OG Kylo 7*
    12. FOX 7*
    13. Aurra Sing 7*
    14. Jawa 7*
    15. T3 7*
    16. Mission 7*
    17. Vet Chewie 7*
    18. Vet Han 7*
    19. Paploo 7*
    20. Chief Chirpa 7*
    21. Cholo 7*
    22. B2 7*
    23. ARC Trooper 7*
    24. Canderous 7*
    25. Finn 7*
    26. MagnaGuard 7*
    27. Nightsister Acolyte 7*
    28. Ebon Hawk 7*
    29. Signal Data / SSC
  • My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Guys thanks so much for all the feedback here. Will digest it a bit to see which direction to go. So far have 7* EP, 6* Vader and Thrawn, and GMY snd R2 at 5*.

Will start to gear the Empire team to use for Arena, any suggestions on 4 and 5 spots? Shore, TFP, Tarkin? Last two I can get to 7* pretty quick but Shore will be 5 for a while.

Really Bastila Fallen / Nihilus 5th if you could do them. Tarkin in 4th good. If you can't use the sith, use Shore for a tank.
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 thanks again.

Fleet question. Right now in F Arena I’m up to #30 with a 4* Executrix, using Ghost, Phantom and Slave I. Seems to be my best fleet for the time being, any other direction I should go while I farm up the others? I am thinking I can get into top 20 in my shard fairly easily with this.

For the empire team will probably use Tarkin and TFP for a bit since I can get them to 7* fairly fast, but need to look into farming the others. Shore is. Ice with pre-taunt, but a slow farm (not even sure I can farm him yet). I guess I could gesr him up to make him work at 5*
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 thanks again.

Fleet question. Right now in F Arena I’m up to #30 with a 4* Executrix, using Ghost, Phantom and Slave I. Seems to be my best fleet for the time being, any other direction I should go while I farm up the others? I am thinking I can get into top 20 in my shard fairly easily with this.

For the empire team will probably use Tarkin and TFP for a bit since I can get them to 7* fairly fast, but need to look into farming the others. Shore is. Ice with pre-taunt, but a slow farm (not even sure I can farm him yet). I guess I could gesr him up to make him work at 5*

Yh. Defo. Just try for Geos or GR under Tarkin. I’ve tried both and been successful.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Tie Silencer is a great ship on young fleet arena shards. Its basic attack can stun enemies that have more than 50% turnmeter and it gets a stacking bonus to offense when attacking target locked enemies (or gets damage itself). You should try using Silencer instead of either Slave I or Phantom II in your starting lineup. Phantom II's reinforcement ability is great to speed things up, and Slave I's is OK early on.

Remember to also build the crew members of your fleet. With every increase in crew power your ship's power also increases.

You should farm Hound's Tooth and Bossk as soon as you're able. HT is a great ship in many different fleets and it will enable you to unlock Han's Millennium Falcon (if you promote your Home One as well).

• Waqui wrote: »

Tie Silencer is a great ship on young fleet arena shards. Its basic attack can stun enemies that have more than 50% turnmeter and it gets a stacking bonus to offense when attacking target locked enemies (or gets damage itself). You should try using Silencer instead of either Slave I or Phantom II in your starting lineup. Phantom II's reinforcement ability is great to speed things up, and Slave I's is OK early on.

Remember to also build the crew members of your fleet. With every increase in crew power your ship's power also increases.

You should farm Hound's Tooth and Bossk as soon as you're able. HT is a great ship in many different fleets and it will enable you to unlock Han's Millennium Falcon (if you promote your Home One as well).

Thanks yeah Slave I I don’t really like starting out as it always gets attacked first snd 30-40% of the time can be taken out in one turn. I like it for the special to use after I’ve target locked an enemy or two with Phantom II though.

Maybe I’ll try Silencer to start with Slave RI to taunt. All crew members currency at least g8 with 5* mods, but will need to invest a few mil to level them to 15 soon.

HT already starting to farm but can’t get Bossk just yet
  • HT already starting to farm but can’t get Bossk just yet

Good. Bossk’s shard will be farmed twice as fast as the ship blueprints, so it’s a good idea to start early.
  • Fleet Energy Guide (2-3 at a time):
    • Anakin's Eta-2 Starfighter 7*
    • Umbaran Starfighter 7*
    • Bistan's U-wing 7*
    • Jolee Bindo 7*
    • Greef Karga 7* / Rebel Y-wing 7*
    • Jolee Bindo 7*
    • Mandalorian 7*
    • Enfys Nest 7*
    • Shaak Ti 7*
    • B1 7*
    • Carth Onasi 7*
    • Gauntlet Starfighter 7*
    • TIE Advnced x1 7*
    • Characters when needed 7*
    • Gold gear
  • Regular Energy Guide (3-5 at a time):
    • Bossk 7*
    • Hound's Tooth / Jango 7*
    • Vulture Droid 7*
    • Admiral Piett 7*
    • Royal Guard 7* (for ship but only if you aren't getting much from bronziums)
    • Shoretrooper 7* / TIE Reaper 7*
    • Clone Seargent - Phase I 7*
    • BTL-B Y-wing 7* / Ima-Gun Di 7*
    • Emperor's Shuttle 7*
    • Imperial TIE Bomber 7* / Kuill 7*
    • IG-11 7*
    • Cara Dune 7*
    • Hyena Bomber 7*
    • Wicket 7*
    • Ewok Elder 7*
    • Droideka 7* / Xanadu Blood 7*
    • Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle 7* / Darth Sion
    • FOST 7*
    • Hux 7*
    • SiT 7*
    • Bastila Fallen 7*
    • Juhani 7*
    • Mon Mothma 7*
    • Mother Talzin 2*
    • Nightsister Zombie 7*
    • Mother Talzin 7*

I'm sure something is missing. @Old_Ben12345 might be able to help.
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 thanks this will keep me busy for the next two years for sure haha!

I’m making profess, up to #6 in Fleet but likely stuck a bit until I get more stars or spend a few mil on level 15 mods outside of PS who are fully modded.
  • I'm sure something is missing. @Old_Ben12345 might be able to help.

Seems good. One thing for @Intimmydation : The big plan will likely change and fluctuate over time as you move through it. It's fine to move around the priorities as you go.

Also, this seems like a ton of ships:
    • Anakin's Eta-2 Starfighter
    • Umbaran Starfighter
    • Bistan's U-wing
    • Rebel Y-wing
    • TIE Advnced
    • Hound's Tooth
    • Vulture Droid
    • BTL-B Y-win
    • Emperor's Shuttle
    • Imperial TIE Bomber
    • Xanadu Blood
    • Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
    @Intimmydation , what fleet are you pursuing? I might hazard a guess at a Rebel fleet, in which case many of the ships listed aren't necessary. My advice: Pick a fleet to work on, and don't worry about future fleets until you are done with it. Same with characters, although you can probably farm shards for more than just one team.
  • I'm sure something is missing. @Old_Ben12345 might be able to help.

Seems good. One thing for @Intimmydation : The big plan will likely change and fluctuate over time as you move through it. It's fine to move around the priorities as you go.

Also, this seems like a ton of ships:
    • Anakin's Eta-2 Starfighter
    • Umbaran Starfighter
    • Bistan's U-wing
    • Rebel Y-wing
    • TIE Advnced
    • Hound's Tooth
    • Vulture Droid
    • BTL-B Y-win
    • Emperor's Shuttle
    • Imperial TIE Bomber
    • Xanadu Blood
    • Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
    @Intimmydation , what fleet are you pursuing? I might hazard a guess at a Rebel fleet, in which case many of the ships listed aren't necessary. My advice: Pick a fleet to work on, and don't worry about future fleets until you are done with it. Same with characters, although you can probably farm shards for more than just one team.

Geo ships too. I'm thinking GR / Rebel / Empire fleets (of course pick 2 and omit the other), Zeta challenge, and eventual SLKR (finalizer)
  • Well right now I'm focused on Arena until I can build up a full fleet of 1 faction or another. Is there is synergy to be had in F.Arena on fleets of the same faction, other that potential abilities benefiting other Rebels ships for example? I finished today #3, almost picked off #1 in my shard, but his Executrix was faster than mine so the TIEs got me.

Going forward I'll probably focus on Rebel first as I have the 2 powerful ships of Ghost/Phantom with a great crew. Then for 2nd fleet I'm thinking Empire as I should have fairly powerful 7* pilots for a few ships, and 3rd GR.