3 weeks in, need some guidance

1235Next

Replies

• I am not making one for farming, as my farming is pretty simple atm: 2 normal energy, 2 fleet energy, 1 cantina
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • @Intimmydation I know you recommended using Excel to track gear.

I just created an excel doc. for it (doesn't have my current gear info as I will add it when I log on).

Could you pls give advice. I'm sharing a pic of the relic one as it's shorter.

jskxufvvqipr.png

The req. and needed 1, 2, and 3 are for separate projects, and 'needed' columns are filled by Excel formulae.

Let me take a look and get back to you. I also just created one to start sorting out farming needs for relics (see below). I only make it this morning but I like the idea of yours so let me see how to combine. The idea would be how many mats do you need to feed the scavenger, where you can farm for them, and then how much energy is needed.

b2nrdbl0qbkh.png
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited April 2021
    So here's what I have for gear farming that works for me:
    - Focuses only on the bottleneck gear for the toons I'm currently gearing. I can add as needed but these are the pieces required across most of my characters
    - Has those requirements to take the characters up to g12 (excluding gold pieces except eye balls)
    - I list the character name and the gear level in parenthesis that the piece is needed for. For example "Chewbacca (g9)" means to take Chewie from g9 > g10 requires this piece
    - I get that info from swgoh.gg on the gear levels for each character, and just list all those needed pieces into the table
    - Then I sort by moving characters / gear levels up & down the list on how I want to apply those pieces as I get them. It's not always just a straight order as I might find that one character needs 150 of some piece and only 50 of another, so if I already have that 50 I can use it for another toon while still trying to get 150 of the first...and that 2nd piece should be back to 50 by that time
    - Color coding: Green = gear has been applied to character (can delete this cell eventually), Yellow = I have the gear on hand and plan to use it for this character (but never applying it), Red = I don't plan on applying this gear for this character as I don't need them any higher at the moment, and No Color = still farming the gear
    - I need to add a row at the top to show where to farm / buy this gear. For now, a lot of it is just coming through what I am already farming character / ship wise, but some do not.
    - I normally just go in once a day or every other day, and add the color coding if I have now got the gear on hand or applied the gear to a character.
    - In the end it's pretty basic, requires some work up front to go find all the characters you want to gear and look through what is required, but then it's easy to maintain...and shifts a lot up & down as priorities could change.

5hl0r8x5o6x4.png

If you look at the Carbanti column, there are 7 cells highlighted in yellow. So this means I have 7x50 or at least 350 carbantis already on hand.
  • So here's what I have for gear farming that works for me:
    - Focuses only on the bottleneck gear for the toons I'm currently gearing. I can add as needed but these are the pieces required across most of my characters
    - Has those requirements to take the characters up to g12 (excluding gold pieces except eye balls)
    - I list the character name and the gear level in parenthesis that the piece is needed for. For example "Chewbacca (g9)" means to take Chewie from g9 > g10 requires this piece
    - I get that info from swgoh.gg on the gear levels for each character, and just list all those needed pieces into the table
    - Then I sort by moving characters / gear levels up & down the list on how I want to apply those pieces as I get them. It's not always just a straight order as I might find that one character needs 150 of some piece and only 50 of another, so if I already have that 50 I can use it for another toon while still trying to get 150 of the first...and that 2nd piece should be back to 50 by that time
    - Color coding: Green = gear has been applied to character (can delete this cell eventually), Yellow = I have the gear on hand and plan to use it for this character (but never applying it), Red = I don't plan on applying this gear for this character as I don't need them any higher at the moment, and No Color = still farming the gear
    - I need to add a row at the top to show where to farm / buy this gear. For now, a lot of it is just coming through what I am already farming character / ship wise, but some do not.
    - I normally just go in once a day or every other day, and add the color coding if I have now got the gear on hand or applied the gear to a character.
    - In the end it's pretty basic, requires some work up front to go find all the characters you want to gear and look through what is required, but then it's easy to maintain...and shifts a lot up & down as priorities could change.

5hl0r8x5o6x4.png

If you look at the Carbanti column, there are 7 cells highlighted in yellow. So this means I have 7x50 or at least 350 carbantis already on hand.

I like this idea, but my plan is hoarding for r4 Shaak/Rex and r7 Fives/Echo/ARC (for hSTR) so I put in number of salvage, as I don’t need to know who for. Make sense?
  • I like this idea, but my plan is hoarding for r4 Shaak/Rex and r7 Fives/Echo/ARC (for hSTR) so I put in number of salvage, as I don’t need to know who for. Make sense?

If you're just going to hoard until you can take both all the way to that intended relic level, makes sense. If you want to slowly bring them up (like take both Shaak and Fives to r3 first) then maybe you can prioritize. But, easier on relics than gear since they all just need the same mats for each level.

So on your file for Carbonite for example, you require 860 completed pieces which means 30,100 points to convert, or 5,016 gear pieces that give you +6 each. So maybe you want to add in your file how you will farm these. Like node LS 1-E gives a bunch of pieces, so putting in the drop rates and max conversion per energy use, then see how many times you need to sim that node to get the pieces needed? And from there you can build out your relic farm schedule.

From that you can kind of estimate a timetable to when you will have it completed.
  • Since I just relic'd my first character, I'm seeing how to incorporate the farming of relic mats into my plan while continuing other farms. I will start to built a bank up of the signal data since I don't have any pressing cantina farms right now, but then see where I can get good materials to feed the scavenger on nodes I can also farm for needed gear
  • Since I just relic'd my first character, I'm seeing how to incorporate the farming of relic mats into my plan while continuing other farms. I will start to built a bank up of the signal data since I don't have any pressing cantina farms right now, but then see where I can get good materials to feed the scavenger on nodes I can also farm for needed gear

Lol we're in the same place in terms of relics.

I've still got cantina characters tho (ARC, and after some relic mats, Chirpa).

It's amazing how you get nearly a year ahead from hdb
  • It's amazing how you get nearly a year ahead from hdb

Well I would say more so than HDB, it's the community and specifically you and Seedy, who have allowed me to get to where I am. HDB helped, allowing me to get to top of fleet fast, but with all the recommendation to focus on fleet, that is really why I have been able to advance to where I am. And even then I didn't take the best route post-HDB.

Without all the direction and understanding how to formulate a plan (not only here in this thread but in all the others I follow), I would still be lost.
  • It's amazing how you get nearly a year ahead from hdb

Well I would say more so than HDB, it's the community and specifically you and Seedy, who have allowed me to get to where I am. HDB helped, allowing me to get to top of fleet fast, but with all the recommendation to focus on fleet, that is really why I have been able to advance to where I am. And even then I didn't take the best route post-HDB.

Without all the direction and understanding how to formulate a plan (not only here in this thread but in all the others I follow), I would still be lost.

Well I totally agree as I was one that got lost originally (check out my Jedi Consular for example, so I get what you mean
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 So I found this site, haven't seen it posted around here but maybe you already know about it since your excel is very similar.

https://gear.swgohevents.com/

Seems to be good because it can read where your characters' current gear level is, then you specify to what level you want to take them and it shows you what you need. Plus you can put in how much energy you are spending per day, so it can calculate about how many crystals it will take, plus where to farm / estimated time to complete.

Only downside is you have to manually enter the quantity of gear owned.
  • @TheChild_eats_eggs1 So I found this site, haven't seen it posted around here but maybe you already know about it since your excel is very similar.

https://gear.swgohevents.com/

Seems to be good because it can read where your characters' current gear level is, then you specify to what level you want to take them and it shows you what you need. Plus you can put in how much energy you are spending per day, so it can calculate about how many crystals it will take, plus where to farm / estimated time to complete.

Only downside is you have to manually enter the quantity of gear owned.

Lol this is what I used to get the gear required for me Excel
  • Lol this is what I used to get the gear required for me Excel

That's what I figured after looking at it. I ran the same to see to take my fleet starting pilots all to g13 (plus BH needed to get Chewie there), what it would take and these are the top gears needed.

rvj2cygqnb00.png

I think the site is good for showing what is needed, but no tool there to really prioritize in which order you want to upgrade the characters. That's where you need something in Excel to try organize it.

For your relic tracking, I would just add what materials you are going to farm and from which nodes so it's very clear. And how much energy daily you are allocating to those vs any other farms you are working on.
  • Main account update screenshot.

mt00aka5jf65.png

(a bit cheating b/c I missed out on Chromium by 7 points so far, so in reality #4 overall in Div 9 atm).