I don’t understand how levels work.

Darksamus51
24 posts Member
edited January 2021
I know this sounds stupid but it’s not what you think. In normal games, if you upgrade a unit to level 39, then they should absolutely wreck a level 30 unit. Or at the very least have an incredible advantage. However, that’s not how this game works for some reason. Even if you have a unit miles ahead of another one in levels, the other unit still has the ability to destroy your character with ease, even if you’re employing the best strat you have at your disposal. This is not only a problem with the game at large but it has made some missions feel impossible to get 3 stars on. And these missions are nowhere near the level I’m at. I should have a huge advantage, I should be able to crush these missions, but I can’t so I don’t. I get that gear level effects things too, so that may play a bigger part in things. But it still doesn’t make sense in terms of balance. That’s not to mention some characters like Old Daka having abilities that are WAY too overpowered and need to be nerfed heavily.

Am I not getting something? Is there a super secret leveling system hidden within the games code that only geniuses can use to their advantage? Or is it literally just unbalanced?
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    It's character level, gear level and star count. You need everything. The difference between level 30 and 39 means almost nothing and events are rigged in terms of level as they get more and more advantages the higher you get. That's the reason your team gets shredded in certain events even if you achieved the highest hights your toons can get.
    Post edited by Kisakee on
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Character lvl doesn't improve your stats that much in this game, that's it. No secret.
    Gear lvl, mods, zeta ability are all far more important.
    And even then there simply are squad compositions that are designed to beat another. And those teams have Hard counters,too. Hopefully:)
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    In addition to level, stars, gear, and ability levels, there is also the fact that some characters are better than others. If you're still using Clone Wars Chewie and Ewok Scout, of course Nightsisters will wreck you. There are a lot of helpful getting started guides on here, other websites, and Youtube to help you get going with a farming focus.

But if you think it's bad now, wait until you unlock mods.
  • You should get a Phoenix team (Ezra, Hera, Kanan, Chopper, and Zeb). I recently wine a mod battle where the others were 15 levels higher than me with three stars. They won’t be as good further on, but at the beginning, they are just about the best you can get.
  • The other responses told it true: gear level is king. Let me just add this. Generally speaking:
    • Star level unlocks eligibility requirements. 7* characters are eligible for more events than lower stars.
    • Character level unlocks ability and gear upgrades.
    • Gear level increases a hero's effectiveness.

Would that it were so simple. Additionally:
    • Some ability levels are unlocked with gear level.
    • g12 is unlocked with 7*.
    • mk6 mods are unlocked with g12.
  • The other responses told it true: gear level is king. Let me just add this. Generally speaking:
    • Star level unlocks eligibility requirements. 7* characters are eligible for more events than lower stars.

Do we further confuse matters by bringing up Hux?

Do we further confuse matters by bringing up Hux?

No.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*