3v3 and the reasoning

xGriiMErZ
874 posts Member
edited January 2021
If I'm correct, the reason we have 3v3 (weather you hate it or love it) is to not become stale, fine, okay, I understand that. The thing that strikes me as odd is no other place in this game does it, by the reasoning of "To prevent staleness" shouldn't TW (territory war) follow the same idea?

If I remember we've only had TW, set to 3vv3 a handful of times, any real reason why both places don't follow the same rule?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Because any time they try to do anything to make Territory Wars interesting people complain.

It’s best to just sigh and accept that TW will suck forever and for always.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Because any time they try to do anything to make Territory Wars interesting people complain.

It’s best to just sigh and accept that TW will suck forever and for always.

3v3 gac sucks, yet we still have that, people complain about 3v3 gac yet we still have it, why does complaining about TW make any difference?
    People complain about absolutely everything.

I like 3v3 GAC. It rewards roster depth and knowledge of the kits
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    I’m a big fan of 3v3 as well, nice to have something different to do every now and then
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    I’m a big fan of 3v3 as well, nice to have something different to do every now and then

And thats awesome, good for you! Wouldn't you like another place to have 3v3 as well? Not just once in a while

For sure, not sure if it would work with TW but if they came out with a new game mode where it could be incorporated id be more than up for it
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member

And thats awesome, good for you! Wouldn't you like another place to have 3v3 as well? Not just once in a while

For sure, not sure if it would work with TW but if they came out with a new game mode where it could be incorporated id be more than up for it

Thats the thing, it has been used before, but never brought back, but gac, we (The people who dislike it) have to deal with it, while you (People that love it) have little chance to play it

If they never brought it back for TW then I’d imagine it caused unintended issues which is why I said I don’t know if it would work for TW. In my head it seems a lot easier to organise a 3v3 GAC as a one player against another than a guild wide 3v3 but I could be wrong. There’s got to be a reason they’ve not brought it back though
  • They have it because people asked for it. Not sure if those people are still playing but its a dumb game mode that’s obviously not going anywhere.
  • Sorry - am I missing something?

The 3v3 TW never actually took place, if I recall correctly?
  • Adamklark wrote: »
    for some reason I remember we had 3v3 tw once maybe then they said tbd, so like will be discussed
    It was scheduled for late May 2019, but they decided to alter the calendar and just go 5v5 no bonuses from then on instead.

I just checked out TW channel on Discord and can assure you there were no 3v3 TWs in May 2019
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    Update, 3v3 is so unfun. "Just don't play it" and deprive myself of the "rewards", great idea. I'll just play and put a single lvl 1 toon team on defence. This game mode makes me wanna hit that uninstall so badly

Or, better yet, just join and let the AI auto-post your defense. That way you don't inadvertently end up messing up your opponents (who also have no say in whether it's 3v3 or 5v5).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*