Rank the GL’s.

Replies

  • Miketo28 wrote: »
    I only have Rey. So jealous of SLKR owners. Working on him now.

    I would say SLKR, Rey, SEE, JML.

    Reason for SLKR first is his raid dominance. With Rey and Jedi in arena I can easily beat SLKR and JML. Cannot beat SEE, just cannot figure it out. Hence SEE ranked higher than JML.

    A final note, I think I will win the final round of this 3v3 GAC since my opponent couldn't get through Rey with Han and Chewie.

    You can 2-toon SEE (Rey+Wat is all you need to beat him)

    Having said that:

    1. SLKR
    2. JML/Rey
    4 to 7. Future GLs
    8. SEE
  • LeeB
    54 posts Member
    LeeB wrote: »
    Why do the youth of today obsess over ranking everything?

    From what I see, SEE is a great GL. He’s just not that great if you’ve only got one GL.

    Lol so he isn’t that great of a GL 😂😂
    Look, I am great at parties, I’ve got this guy laughing!

    Don’t really get your point? He’s great, but I wouldn’t make him first choice.

    Which would imply he isn’t great, great would be a first pick, SEE would be like taking your cousin to the party because he has no friends.
  • ShaggyB
    1917 posts Member
    Obviously they’re the 4 best characters on the game but how would you rank them?
    For me:
    1. SLKR
    2. JML
    3. Rey
    4. SEE
    And if you could choose 2 to have who would it be?

    Same rank.

    Id make sure to have JML and SLKR if i only had 2
  • Kyno
    28092 posts Moderator
    Antario wrote: »
    Vader >>> all the GLs

    That is a little off topic, but I'm always a little surprised that more people don't talk about the almost no investment tokens that are really "better" than a GL when looking at all the factors.

    I mean they are not better in a direct sense of what they do, but with the little to no investment and high utility, there is an argument there.
  • ShaggyB
    1917 posts Member
    edited January 18
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Why do the youth of today obsess over ranking everything?

    From what I see, SEE is a great GL. He’s just not that great if you’ve only got one GL.
    lol bet you’re fun at parties, and is 24 “youth”?

    Absolutely. One day you'll realize it.
    Happy to read that. I don’t wanna be old 😩🤣

    The only constants are death and taxes.

    You grow old. It happens.just make your youthful days count.

    And remember that 44 year old is being looked at by a 66 year old as the good old days when they were younger.
  • Konju
    565 posts Member
    SLKR >> Rey > JML > SEE

    PvP is close for all of them. They can all win on offense even when facing hard counter without destroying multiple teams (JML might now be worst in that regard). Defensive viability is low for all of them. I would put them all “on par” with each other in regard to PvP. Subjectively, this will vary from person to person or (maybe more importantly) shard to shard.

    So then my rankings move to PvE content. SLKR destroys raids, easily the best. Rey does better than JML in CT Rancor and SEE has little raid viability. All of them add TB viability with Rey/Kylo edging JML/SEE on leadership, but Rey/JML are potentially more help as the difficulty of LS is much higher than DS. (JKL is probably the best LS Geo lead.) There is not an assault battle for resistance, so that drops Rey slightly. So ranking this area has SLKR >> Rey > JML > SEE.

    If we add in the prerequisites: they all include characters that have little value in terms of usefulness in the game to varying degrees. FO perform relatively well and can easily be used with SLKR (swap in SE/Thrawn vs JML). These are fairly easy requirements, but requires Finalizer (ship development). Resistance can also be used quite efficiently with Rey (swap in powerful Jedi/Rebels for better arena viability). Rey also requires some fleet development for Raddus. JML has some good prerequisites but requires developing your roster for quite some time (GET crunch, legendary toons, relics for JKL reqs). While JML prerequisites include JKL, Hoda and OB; they are more for creating other teams (Mothma, CLS) than bolster his own viability (need JKR, GAS, Basti, Wat for common teams). I find these requirements quite expensive, but mostly useful. SEE’s prerequisite characters have very limited use/viability under SEE lead, but they do start the imperial troopers team. One will need to develop SE, Triumvirate, Wat and Armorer in order to achieve true offensive viability against all teams. SLKR/Rey > JML > SEE imo here.

    I think they are all good characters, but I think SEE and JML could use a tweak.
  • If I could only have 2, it would be SLK and Rey.
  • MetaThumper
    443 posts Member
    edited January 18
    1. SLKR - RAIDS
    2. Rey - DEFENSE
    3. SEE - HE'S SITH
    4. JML - GETS BEAT BY EVERYONE

    But with all that said, all 4 are useful in one firm or another. JML is solid for arena but that's it. GAC you went ever see the teams you see in arena so he's just meh. SEE isn't the greatest and on par with JML
  • I don't care who's best. I got kylo first because I was closer. Now I'll go after jkl and jml because I want all the Lukes in the game.
  • Blake085 wrote: »
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    I only have Rey. So jealous of SLKR owners. Working on him now.

    I would say SLKR, Rey, SEE, JML.

    Reason for SLKR first is his raid dominance. With Rey and Jedi in arena I can easily beat SLKR and JML. Cannot beat SEE, just cannot figure it out. Hence SEE ranked higher than JML.

    A final note, I think I will win the final round of this 3v3 GAC since my opponent couldn't get through Rey with Han and Chewie.

    You can 2-toon SEE (Rey+Wat is all you need to beat him)

    Having said that:

    1. SLKR
    2. JML/Rey
    4 to 7. Future GLs
    8. SEE

    Which tech do I put on Rey. Thanks in advance.
  • Blake085 wrote: »
    You can 2-toon SEE (Rey+Wat is all you need to beat him)

    It's funny, but as bad as bad a GL as SEE presumably is, it seems that most of the suggested counters for him would have you drop like a stone wihtin seconds in arena.

    I can beat SEE with the JML Jericho team somewhat reliably for most teams, but I can't figure out a reliable SEE counter with Rey, which could actually be used in arena without insta-refresh to change teams.

    I don't get the SEE hate.
    I would still rank him last, but that's not due to terrible performance in arena, TW or GAC, that's mainly because of requirements and limited use in raids/TB.
  • NasRegal
    134 posts Member
    edited January 19
    I own Kylo and Eternal, so my opinion may be skewed toward them, however...
    No1, Kylo, in every part of the game, hes so reliable, and hes the only solo Sith raid killer, easy choice.
    No2, Rey, this is based on her offensive abilities, I believe she's a fairly consistent Legend killer, shes the only one that can beat all 3 Legends, none of the others can do that.
    No3, Master and Eternal, I can't honestly separate these 2, neither has a better position in the game right now, Master autos Kylo, Eternal autos Master.
    Until one of them becomes relevant in a raid, they're the bottom 2 (Eternal is so much fun to use though)
    Post edited by NasRegal on
  • Konju
    565 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    People in here saying JML is terrible and I'm just wondering where the 142 page complaint thread is.

    LOL
  • Blake085 wrote: »
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    I only have Rey. So jealous of SLKR owners. Working on him now.

    I would say SLKR, Rey, SEE, JML.

    Reason for SLKR first is his raid dominance. With Rey and Jedi in arena I can easily beat SLKR and JML. Cannot beat SEE, just cannot figure it out. Hence SEE ranked higher than JML.

    A final note, I think I will win the final round of this 3v3 GAC since my opponent couldn't get through Rey with Han and Chewie.

    You can 2-toon SEE (Rey+Wat is all you need to beat him)

    He's an attacker - don't put him on defense. HTH. You can also use SEE+ Wat vs. any Rey or JML full team for a strong banner count in GAC, so SEE is twice as valuable as Rey?


    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Miketo28 wrote: »
    Blake085 wrote: »
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    I only have Rey. So jealous of SLKR owners. Working on him now.

    I would say SLKR, Rey, SEE, JML.

    Reason for SLKR first is his raid dominance. With Rey and Jedi in arena I can easily beat SLKR and JML. Cannot beat SEE, just cannot figure it out. Hence SEE ranked higher than JML.

    A final note, I think I will win the final round of this 3v3 GAC since my opponent couldn't get through Rey with Han and Chewie.

    You can 2-toon SEE (Rey+Wat is all you need to beat him)

    Having said that:

    1. SLKR
    2. JML/Rey
    4 to 7. Future GLs
    8. SEE

    Which tech do I put on Rey. Thanks in advance.

    Shield generator
  • Yes, SLKR is definitely the best...if you want to sit outside the top 20 in arena.
  • in my opinion slkr>jml>rey>see, but could put jml first if pvp is most important
  • vincentlondon
    4435 posts Member
    edited February 1
    People tend to say that SEE is bad and rank him last but they are wrong. He is more fun to play than the boring SLKR
    And i drop less over night with SEE in defense than SLKR
  • Which is the best when only considering arena ?
  • Which is the best when only considering arena ?
    For arena the best is to own more than one of them.
  • Jml>see>slkr=rey
  • nurm
    96 posts Member
    Rank for what. Rank for hsith: go for slkr
    In the arena Vs jml, forget slkr.
    If you decide which go first: see can be difficult in the arena if many slkr are there.

    All GL have their place with slkr has an advantage in hsith.
  • nurm wrote: »
    Rank for what. Rank for hsith: go for slkr
    In the arena Vs jml, forget slkr.
    If you decide which go first: see can be difficult in the arena if many slkr are there.

    All GL have their place with slkr has an advantage in hsith.

    Why should I forget about SLKR vs JML when all I need to do is to use DR, BSF, Wat and either Malak or Zolo with SLKR?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Sorry to be not clear enough: comparing only faction teams and no mixed teams, forget him.
  • nurm wrote: »
    Sorry to be not clear enough: comparing only faction teams and no mixed teams, forget him.

    Why should I go faction only in arena?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    nurm wrote: »
    Rank for what. Rank for hsith: go for slkr
    In the arena Vs jml, forget slkr.
    If you decide which go first: see can be difficult in the arena if many slkr are there.

    All GL have their place with slkr has an advantage in hsith.

    Why should I forget about SLKR vs JML when all I need to do is to use DR, BSF, Wat and either Malak or Zolo with SLKR?

    Who is the leader here? Also, what's the strategy?
  • Which is the best when only considering arena ?
    For arena the best is to own more than one of them.

    Best answer so far
Sign In or Register to comment.