Help needed: Need to lay the smackdown on granpa

Hey gals and guys,

142 pages on "SEE is trash" discussion and I still can't beat him reliably, especially with Vader in the mix.

Could you please offer some pointers ? I have access to Rey and JML to provide some old dude butt kicking. 'Had a crazy hard time with JML, but I feel like I'm trying to beat rock with scissors. "Had some success with Rey, but not a lot.

Replies

• Get SLKR....

Sorry, I got nothing other than that.
  • The "buff SEE" thread had a post stating that Rey can beat him with just Wat. I think there's quite a few videos on YouTube of her beating SEE - seems doable.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    In fairness to the OP, I've got Rey and JML and have lost more to SEE than any other GL. I don't even bother running JML against certain comps anymore.

ETA - Rey lead, Hero bros, GAS and Hoda works.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I've also had success with full Res (Holdo/JTR for GAS/Hoda) and also with Wat replacing either Holdo or JTR. With that said it wasn't 100% and also was a pain, so I unlocked SLKR ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Get SLKR....

Sorry, I got nothing other than that.

I would, but as you pointed out before, GAC seemed to get really stale once you got 3 GLs, so I'm hoping for a change in GAC before jumping the gun. It hurts me in Sith Raid, but I really, really don't want to spoil a part of the game I enjoy.

Everyone: thanks for the tips, I'll give them a try !
  • Worked like a charm with Rey, the Bros, Holdo and Wat (Shield tech on Rey) on the first try. It's messy, but it gets the job done. I'll try the JTR instead of Wat next for GAC purposes ;)

Thx again boys and girls !
  • OK, I found a comp I failed to beat 4 times in a row using different propositions here. It was:

Granpa, Wat, ST, Malak, Sion

I can't reach Wat, at one point Granpa got a regeneration buff and I can't kill him when one on one with Rey, even with Grand Master training. I tried JKR to focus Wat, doesn't work, can't kill the guy fast enough.

Maybe modding Rey for offense would do the trick to one shot the old guy, didn't try tonight.

And pointers ? I don't know if SEE definitely needs a buff, but I definitely need to git gud ^^
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    OK, I found a comp I failed to beat 4 times in a row using different propositions here. It was:

I can't reach Wat, at one point Granpa got a regeneration buff and I can't kill him when one on one with Rey, even with Grand Master training. I tried JKR to focus Wat, doesn't work, can't kill the guy fast enough.

Maybe modding Rey for offense would do the trick to one shot the old guy, didn't try tonight.

And pointers ? I don't know if SEE definitely needs a buff, but I definitely need to git gud ^^

Out of interest, what relic levels other than on SEE?
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    OK, I found a comp I failed to beat 4 times in a row using different propositions here. It was:

Out of interest, what relic levels other than on SEE?

SEE R8 and R7 all around
  • I use Rey, JKL, GAS, JKR and Hoda. Usually, only Rey is left at the end. I mark Basty, hit her down until Reys whirlwind can kill Malak...kill Basty, whirlwind should be ready again to take out DR, then its all about making sure Rey stays alive to get to her second ult.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I use Rey, JKL, GAS, JKR and Hoda. Usually, only Rey is left at the end. I mark Basty, hit her down until Reys whirlwind can kill Malak...kill Basty, whirlwind should be ready again to take out DR, then its all about making sure Rey stays alive to get to her second ult.

Yep, that was my go-to team against the SEE+Sith Empire crew, however I get creamed version this 3 tanks version: SEE+Sion+Malak+ST+Wat. Can't kill a wat-buffed SEE with Rey's ultimate, even if she's trained by Hyoda, and I have only her (or her+1) at the end so I lack some juice to prevent SEE to heal back...
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I use Rey, JKL, GAS, JKR and Hoda. Usually, only Rey is left at the end. I mark Basty, hit her down until Reys whirlwind can kill Malak...kill Basty, whirlwind should be ready again to take out DR, then its all about making sure Rey stays alive to get to her second ult.

Yep, that was my go-to team against the SEE+Sith Empire crew, however I get creamed version this 3 tanks version: SEE+Sion+Malak+ST+Wat. Can't kill a wat-buffed SEE with Rey's ultimate, even if she's trained by Hyoda, and I have only her (or her+1) at the end so I lack some juice to prevent SEE to heal back...

Have you tried Rey with hero bros, han and chewie? That's what I do against all SEE comps, but I never faced one with wat. You could try shooting first on wat and focus on taking him out somehow
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Have you tried Rey with hero bros, han and chewie? That's what I do against all SEE comps, but I never faced one with wat. You could try shooting first on wat and focus on taking him out somehow

It worked, thanks !

It's messy, but Han and Chewie prevent Wat to spread the love too fast and inflict some solid pain.

A little extra offense on Rey should allow for one-shot goodness, which I still fail.