Strength Through Passion (Health Recovery) Galactic Challenge Feat

lifeisagame007
99 posts Member
edited January 2021
I am looking for some clarification on the Strength Through Passion feat.

The description is 'Complete the battle after Sith allies recover 1500000 Health from Sith ally abilities'.

1. Tried Malak lead and Traya, Traya got killed quickly but then Malak was able to keep recovering health from his health steal. I was using his basic attacks only for about 13 minutes. Roughly 15 hits / minute and each recovered between 15-20k health. So in total he probably recovered 3mill health which is double required by the feat BUT I didn't get the feat completion.

2. Tried Traya lead next, with Nihilus and Malak. Nihilus is stacking max health and from Traya lead Sith allies recover 10% health when a debuffed enemy is hit. Again I was running basics only for about 12 minutes and by the end Nihilus was recovering 250k+ health for each hit. So definitely recovered more health than 1.5mill required by the feat. Again didn't get the feat completion.

3. Finally tried Malak lead + Wat, added Medpac tech on Malak and run basic attacks only for about 5 minutes and this finally completed the feat.

4. One person mentioned they used Hermit Yoda instead of Wat and was able to complete the feat as well.

Also wanted to note that neither Malak nor Nihilus were at full health when they were recovering health so the full health wasn't an issue here why it didn't count.

So something doesn't quite make sense here as health recovery from health steal didn't count, health recover from Traya lead didn't count...

Can someone please clarify what exactly counts as health recovery for this feat?

Also does it mean that all Sith allies have to recover 1.5mil health each or is that combined?

Anything else I am missing here?

Thanks!
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Can't answer your questions or help you with wat, but here's what i did...

Palp lead, DR, Bastila, Malak, Traya

Get rid of Carth, isolate him with Traya if you can. Then kill off T3 and Canderous, isolate Jolee. Use only basics and circle between jolee and juhani for 8 minutes and use malaks drain from time to time when juhani is at full prot/health. My malak was never below i guess 90% Health. It still worked for me.
  • Agreed.

A counter or progress bar toward feat completion is absolutely needed.

I remember the last time we had this feat we also ran into the completely ridiculous thing where health steal did not count even the health steal is augmented by a specific sith ability (like Nihilus lead or the use of Palp's special). And for some reason drain life seems not to work either. How that isn't healing through a sith ability I'll never know.

I honestly don't remember what counts or doesn't anymore, but whatever it is I'm sick of this stupid feat.

Write the description of the feat correctly and then give us a progress bar. I don't care very much how hard the feat is. I care that you're lying to us about what counts and what doesn't which, combined with the lack of a progress bar, just makes for headaches.

A game is supposed to be fun, remember?
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    It would be nice to know what actually counts, I wasted way too much time trying to do this before eventually landing on DR Malak and BSF. Had to get about 10 drain life’s off with malak which was a nightmare because I also couldn’t kill anyone while doing it. A progress bar and some clarification as to what abilities do or don’t count would go a long way
  • It's kind of a silly feat without the progress bar. I did it on T7 with just R7 malak and 4*wat. Throw on med pack from wat and just basic for a long time. Only used drain life once as you don't want to charge up malak too much otherwise he kills them off too fast. Try to leave Canderous alone so he can continue healing them up.
  • Health "recovered" doesn't count unless it was missing. The goal should be to lose some of your weaker Sith, which triggers the 50% max health increase on survivors. Then Traya's unique on dispelling debuffs cuts into those gains. Health steal doesn't seem to contribute, also. It has to come from abilities, so those basics from Malak don't help. The medpac from Wat seems to count as an ability.

Also, if you get the other feats, I think you only need tier 5 to max it.

Hope all this helps.
  • What event or character mechanic is reducing the PVE opponents to 1 health?
    u6ucjki3w1wa.jpg
    I simply can't figure it out. I'm very new to Darth Malak, but reading his kit hasn't helped me understand why.
    I'm running Traya lead, Malak, Wat, and two weak Sith (this run above was Savage and Assassin, but it's happened my last few runs even when I had my stronger Sith).
    I appreciate the advice above, and I'd also love to be the next person to recommend a counter for any feat that involves...counting in-game damage.
  • That's the global modifier ability. Carth is usuing it - if you kill him, they won't lose their max health.
    Check out my content on YouTube...search for Scrybe Gaming!
  • I am looking for some clarification on the Strength Through Passion feat.

Can someone please clarify what exactly counts as health recovery for this feat?

Health recovery happens when damage is healed, overheal doesn't count.

"Using sith abilities" means the healing must come directly from the ability. So health steal won't count because the ability says "Do damage, they get tenacity down." If it said "Do damage, and on a crit everyone heals 20%" or something, similar to Barris Offee's basic, then that would count if it were on a Sith character.

Wat Tambor works for this feat because the ability he uses to add the medpac onto a character is a Separatist ability, but once it's on a character the medpac "belongs" to that character. This is related to how DoT, Thermal Detonator, and Expose damage count for your damage total in raids, but don't count if you add up the damage totals of each individual character--in the eyes of the game's coding, DoTs, Detonators, and Exposes are the raid boss using an ability to damage itself. Which means that in the eyes of the game's coding, the medpac on Malak is Malak using an ability every turn to heal himself, Malak is a Sith, therefore Malak is using a Sith ability to heal himself and progress towards the feat is made.

I accidentally deleted the second part of your question when paring down the quote for size, but the 1500000 healing can be spread out between any number of characters. So it's 1.5m total, not each character needs to heal for 1.5m.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I didn't get it....
  • It helps to have a non relic malak. Low enough to take damage, but high enough to survive the first aoe or so
  • Don't do T7 either. T6 is 33% less work and still gets you the red crate.
  • Scrybe wrote: »
    That's the global modifier ability. Carth is usuing it - if you kill him, they won't lose their max health.

Thanks. Much appreciated. I don't know if ever would have figured this out in three days.
  • Eweff
    400 posts Member
    To be honest I have more trouble with getting three kills at once
  • Eweff wrote: »

JML/JKLS or GAS with Hoda and Bast make it fairly easy. GL Rey can, but it's a bit tougher to time it right.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Eweff wrote: »

Have a couple AoE characters and slow play it until Carth has used the event ability a bunch of times and all his allies have a max hp of 1, then AoE, then chip away at a Carth with GL-level health and protection.

It's basically the opposite of getting the sith healing feat since you want to kill Carth as fast as possible to prevent him from using the event ability.
  • FYI, Malak is not a Sith Ally, he’s Sith Empire so he doesn’t work in any of the “FULL SITH SQUAD” Challenges
  • Jaycd1 wrote: »
    FYI, Malak is not a Sith Ally, he’s Sith Empire so he doesn’t work in any of the “FULL SITH SQUAD” Challenges
    rjta5bazihiv.jpeg

Wrong.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I am looking for some clarification on the Strength Through Passion feat.

Health recovery happens when damage is healed, overheal doesn't count.

"Using sith abilities" means the healing must come directly from the ability. So health steal won't count because the ability says "Do damage, they get tenacity down." If it said "Do damage, and on a crit everyone heals 20%" or something, similar to Barris Offee's basic, then that would count if it were on a Sith character.

Wat Tambor works for this feat because the ability he uses to add the medpac onto a character is a Separatist ability, but once it's on a character the medpac "belongs" to that character. This is related to how DoT, Thermal Detonator, and Expose damage count for your damage total in raids, but don't count if you add up the damage totals of each individual character--in the eyes of the game's coding, DoTs, Detonators, and Exposes are the raid boss using an ability to damage itself. Which means that in the eyes of the game's coding, the medpac on Malak is Malak using an ability every turn to heal himself, Malak is a Sith, therefore Malak is using a Sith ability to heal himself and progress towards the feat is made.

I accidentally deleted the second part of your question when paring down the quote for size, but the 1500000 healing can be spread out between any number of characters. So it's 1.5m total, not each character needs to heal for 1.5m.

Awesome, thanks so much for the detailed explanation!
  • @NicWester

Your explanation sounds good, but doesn't pan out. Nihilus' lead guarantees that someone will heal more than they normally would from any ability that does damage. It specifically says this. Yet the fact that it specifically says this does not mean that healing that is solely due to Nihilus' lead is counted.

Likewise, Health Steal from a sith toon with Health Steal UP (courtesy of Palp, probably, but could be whomever) doesn't count, even though the little green box above the character's head grants healing just like Wat's medpack grants healing. In both cases someone is given a special ability through a buff, but in the case of the Separatist that special ability's healing counts, and in the case of the Sith Lord Palpatine, that special ability's healing does not count.

Your explanation might make sense if they **only** excluded default health steal, but included extra health steal from leadership abilities or buffs. But, sadly, that's not how it works.

CG still needs an explanation for what works, what doesn't, and why... then they need to include a progress bar. Nothing else is an adequate response to this problem.
  • @NicWester

Your explanation sounds good, but doesn't pan out. Nihilus' lead guarantees that someone will heal more than they normally would from any ability that does damage. It specifically says this. Yet the fact that it specifically says this does not mean that healing that is solely due to Nihilus' lead is counted.

Likewise, Health Steal from a sith toon with Health Steal UP (courtesy of Palp, probably, but could be whomever) doesn't count, even though the little green box above the character's head grants healing just like Wat's medpack grants healing. In both cases someone is given a special ability through a buff, but in the case of the Separatist that special ability's healing counts, and in the case of the Sith Lord Palpatine, that special ability's healing does not count.

Your explanation might make sense if they **only** excluded default health steal, but included extra health steal from leadership abilities or buffs. But, sadly, that's not how it works.

CG still needs an explanation for what works, what doesn't, and why... then they need to include a progress bar. Nothing else is an adequate response to this problem.

No, we're saying the same thing here. I'm saying no amount of health steal from any source will count. What WOULD count is a theoretical ability like Barriss Offee's basic--in that case, the health gained from the attack wouldn't count, but the 6% heal she delivers 45% of the time, that would count.

(My initial post said something about 20% on a crit, but that's because I haven't used her in so long that I forgot the exact stuff her ability does 🤣)
  • what's a zarris?
  • A Barriss (a jedi healer character) with her zeta.