Difficulty - Can't complete Galactic War

Skypher
3 posts Member
edited January 2021
Hello,

I am a new player and recently stumbled upon Galactic war. Not even halfway through I encounter lvl 50-54 enemies although my lvl is 44. How is it possible to make it to the end when I encounter enemies 10 levels above me at the halfpoint?

What determines Galactic War difficulty. My arena rank is 2900ish if that matters.

Greets
Skypher

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Difficulty is determined by the power level of your top characters. The later nodes, especially the purple ones, are designed to be harder and somewhat above your level. At lower levels you're not always expected to beat it everyday; However, it is definitely possible to beat it consistently at even midrange levels if you farm the right teams (and understand mods, though you are not to mods yet). And yes, sometimes it's not until you have multiple teams rounded out.

If you register your account at swgoh.gg, you can post a link to your roster and people can give you advice on where to go. It's definitely possible to ramp up too much power on characters that aren't very good. Phoenix is usually regarded as a good team at lower levels.

Another trick for GW is to preload turnmeter on some characters from a secondary team at the early nodes. That is, play through the early battles with characters from your second team sprinkled in. Play the rest with another team. When you get to a point where you need to switch teams, you should now have one that will go before the enemy as their turnmeter from the previous battles carries over.
  • GW is a big part of the early game, finishing GW as often as you can gives very nice rewards, as well as progressing toward the eventual sim option.

As stated above, your top characters GP is used to create teams for the nodes. There are some very unique aspects to GW.

1) Character status carries over from battle to battle. Turnmeter, health, protection, ability cooldowns. You can use this to your advantage. What I used to do was take my best team into node 1, which is very easy. Use nothing but basics to kill the enemies.

Then Node Two I use a different team, maybe second best team. Same, basic only. Then Node three I may use my GW team, something with heals and sustain to grind through nodes. Now, when I get to a hard purple node like node 6 or 9, if it is a tough team I can use my best team from Node 1, and It will have turnmeter loaded up from the end of node 1 and my team will go first. This can provide a big boost.

2) You can retreat and start over if you aren't doing well. Gear icon, retreat option. This starts the battle over, you can reuse your characters and enemy goes back to the start. What is very unique for GW is that there is a record of moves from the fight. If you go back in and do the exact same sequence of attacks, all the damage and evades and 50% chance to stun will be exactly the same. BUT, if you change one character on your team or attack different targets, you will get new RNG results

That said, you are relatively new to the game, the biggest thing for GW is team building. You want to use teams with good synergy like Phoenix or maybe Geos soonish. A mish mash team of like Vader, Luke, Luminara, Jawa, Sabine will not do well in GW, even if they are your strongest characters.

Good luck, welcome to the SWGOH Journey.
  • Thank you @Rokaryn_Mazel and @crzydroid for all the tips. It seems the Phoenix squad is definitely something I should focus on. Unfortunately, I farmed other characters.

I linked my Roster to swgoh.gg. Here is the link to my profile:
    https://swgoh.gg/p/747394719/

I would appreciate any tips, especially steps to the phoenix squad.

Thanks!

Kind regards
    Skypher
  • My alt must be lucky to have trashed my only 3 GWs
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/