State of Galaxy - January 2021

2Next

Replies

• I'd like the new shiny distraction to be The Razor Crest
    then:
    Bo'Katan and Satine
    Veteran Boba Fett
    Darth Bane
    A new Raid that the Average Guild can complete - say escape from the sarlacc (Boba clearly managed)
    TW Matchmaking updated
    Dengar's Ship (looks cool in Lego Freemakers)
    Mod swaps to be introduced (like Gear)
    an Inter-Guild Battle option (fight to be an officer lol)

Not asking for much B)
    This is the Way
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I wonder if they will just skip SOTG and do a road ahead instead.... or do a SOTG for Feb

In CG's defense, they didn't do anything this month other than The Armorer so Jan's SOTG doesn't have anything going for it
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    On one hand, I want to know what's next, but on the other hand, having a while to catch my breath and maybe farm some teams that are not a "must have" is not a bad thing at all.

This.

Im nearing my 4th gl. Dont need more yet
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    The Dev’s are still on vacation. They get a whole month off for working so hard LOL!!!!!! So it’ll probably be March or April before they start teasing that the SOTG is soon to be released. Then another month of anticipation so my guess would be May.

Amazing, every word of what you just said was wrong

and how do you know? id expect the lazy to still be on vacation. by the amounts of content we see as a programmer it is evident to me that there is very little actual work going on.

I often wonder why you still play this game.

we gungans arent always known for our intelligence but we are known for our passion. I love star wars thats why I still play. until there is an alternative star wars game this is sadly the best thing we star wars fans have to play. ive been playing since 3rd day of game launch back in nov 15 and ive had some fun here and there. if there was a choice you would get your wish.

I didn’t wish for you to leave, I wished for you to stop complaining so much. I know this game has its issues, but dang.

There’s a reason that EA and Disney can produce minimal content and have poor customer service when it comes to Star Wars. The name markets itself.

But anyway your first line was sufficient logic, (ironic when you think about its meaning), so I’ll leave you alone now.

And there is a reason why EA lost its gold exclusivity, it is simply too much, he has the right to complain about scandalous marketing practices.

Good news is we might have some star wars game soon with less 100% wallet fishing focused game development. Or not but it will be difficult to be worst than EA and Capital Games

To be fair, EA knocked it out of the park with Fallen Order, so it's not all doom and gloom. But I agree that the loss of exclusivity is a good thing.

But yet they disnt plan for dlc.... and the one game that deserved to have full development on dlc was fallen order.

Ea proving why it doesnt need exclusive star wars rights. Spend years publishing blah titles with dlc.... then publish a good one with no dlc.

Go figure
  • State of the Galaxy for 2021: 1. Increase the amount of "surprise mechanics" in game. 2. Increase the spectrum of possibilities in RNG to increase "frustration purchasing". 3. Make R8 required for at least 5-6 characters for each new GL. 4. Capitalize on anything Star Wars that is popular. 5. Profit!
  • Natetiffer wrote: »
    I'd like the new shiny distraction to be The Razor Crest
    then:
    Bo'Katan and Satine
    Veteran Boba Fett
    Darth Bane
    A new Raid that the Average Guild can complete - say escape from the sarlacc (Boba clearly managed)
    TW Matchmaking updated
    Dengar's Ship (looks cool in Lego Freemakers)
    Mod swaps to be introduced (like Gear)
    an Inter-Guild Battle option (fight to be an officer lol)

Not asking for much B)

Honestly I thought they would make a raid out of the Krayt dragons from mandalorian
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    The Dev’s are still on vacation. They get a whole month off for working so hard LOL!!!!!! So it’ll probably be March or April before they start teasing that the SOTG is soon to be released. Then another month of anticipation so my guess would be May.

and how do you know? id expect the lazy to still be on vacation. by the amounts of content we see as a programmer it is evident to me that there is very little actual work going on.

we gungans arent always known for our intelligence but we are known for our passion. I love star wars thats why I still play. until there is an alternative star wars game this is sadly the best thing we star wars fans have to play. ive been playing since 3rd day of game launch back in nov 15 and ive had some fun here and there. if there was a choice you would get your wish.

I didn’t wish for you to leave, I wished for you to stop complaining so much. I know this game has its issues, but dang.

There’s a reason that EA and Disney can produce minimal content and have poor customer service when it comes to Star Wars. The name markets itself.

But anyway your first line was sufficient logic, (ironic when you think about its meaning), so I’ll leave you alone now.

And there is a reason why EA lost its gold exclusivity, it is simply too much, he has the right to complain about scandalous marketing practices.

Good news is we might have some star wars game soon with less 100% wallet fishing focused game development. Or not but it will be difficult to be worst than EA and Capital Games

To be fair, EA knocked it out of the park with Fallen Order, so it's not all doom and gloom. But I agree that the loss of exclusivity is a good thing.

But yet they disnt plan for dlc.... and the one game that deserved to have full development on dlc was fallen order.

Ea proving why it doesnt need exclusive star wars rights. Spend years publishing blah titles with dlc.... then publish a good one with no dlc.

Go figure

You didn't hear that Fallen Order 2 is in the works? Why settle for a DLC when you can charge full price for a sequel, but I do agree that EA shouldn't have exclusive rights and am glad they lost it.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    State of the Galaxy for 2021: 1. Increase the amount of "surprise mechanics" in game.
    ^ this and it =/= RNG
  • Is there any update on the next SOTG? Would have hoped for one today or this week sometime...
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Go figure

You didn't hear that Fallen Order 2 is in the works? Why settle for a DLC when you can charge full price for a sequel, but I do agree that EA shouldn't have exclusive rights and am glad they lost it.

Yes i have heard that.

But i still want dlc for a game i liked
  • We've only got 4 days left in the month and we've yet to get a state of the galaxy. Will there be one coming for this month at this point?

Or should we stop checking daily and just expect it to pick up again in Feb?

I'm sure there are tons of us waiting for some kind of answer too this.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Go figure

Yes i have heard that.

Not everything needs a DLC. Back in my day, a game was released and that was it. Besides, the story in Fallen Order is pretty well contained, not sure what a DLC could bring. A full sequel will imo be much better.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Go figure

Yes i have heard that.

Not everything needs a DLC. Back in my day, a game was released and that was it.

tenor.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    FYI, there’s an update in the iOS store. GK has an animation now. Perhaps SoTG today....hope so.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Nvm, Doja said in discord that a road ahead is coming “in a few days”. So most likely Friday. Road ahead instead of a SoTG....very interesting. Hoping for that conquest mode!!
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Nvm, Doja said in discord that a road ahead is coming “in a few days”. So most likely Friday. Road ahead instead of a SoTG....very interesting. Hoping for that conquest mode!!

I was wondering, which discord server is it that he's active in? Is there an "official" swgoh discord server? Or which one?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Go figure

Yes i have heard that.

Not everything needs a DLC. Back in my day, a game was released and that was it. Besides, the story in Fallen Order is pretty well contained, not sure what a DLC could bring. A full sequel will imo be much better.

Haha yeah i get what your saying. Pong was fun and didnt need dlc....

But again fallen order came out in a time of dlc being an expectation of the market place... especially with ea and battlefront.

So while i get what you mean, another planet would be nice.

This discussion has been closed.