General Hux: Speed Glitch

cournojo
31 posts Member
edited January 2021
Hi All,

For a while now, when I am facing a SLKR team with Hux, even if my own Hux is faster, my opponent Hux always goes before mine.

How so?

Here is one example:

My Team
SLKR: 516 Speed
Hux: 327 Speed
KRU: 235 Speed
Malak: 292 Speed
Thrawn: 301 Speed

The other team
SLKR: 541 Speed
Sith Trooper: 260 speed
KRU: 226 Speed
FOST: 197 Speed
HUX: 271 speed

Why does his HUX goes before mine, I just dont see it.

The only potential explanation is the leadership ability of SLKR saying that

Whenever a dark side ally gains Advantage, if they didn't already have it, they gain a bonus based on the their role: Support and Healers +20% Turn Meter

Even if we apply this 20% (wont' see why since Hux is starting the battle with advantage anyway), it is giving him a starting speed of 325 which is still lower than my Hux at 327.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Do your and your opponent's Hux(es ?) have the Boundless Ambition Zeta ?
  • Hux on the enemy team has an effective starting speed of 338 (271 / 0.8) due to the 20% TM gain from getting Advantage at the start of battle.

Your Hux isn't getting this gain as the opposing team is full First Order, so the enemy Hux is blocking your team gaining bonus TM.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Hux on the enemy team has an effective starting speed of 338 (271 / 0.8) due to the 20% TM gain from getting Advantage at the start of battle.

Your Hux isn't getting this gain as the opposing team is full First Order, so the enemy Hux is blocking your team gaining bonus TM.

20% TM of 271 is giving 54.2. So 271+54=325 not 338.
  • ManInWhite wrote: »
    Do your and your opponent's Hux(es ?) have the Boundless Ambition Zeta ?

Yes both have the ZETA
  • cournojo wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Hux on the enemy team has an effective starting speed of 338 (271 / 0.8) due to the 20% TM gain from getting Advantage at the start of battle.

That's not how you calculate it. You are working out 20% of his speed, which is wrong.

Hux needs 80% TM to take a turn. So you take his speed and divide it by 0.8 to give you the effective starting speed for the initial turn.

That puts the enemy Hux at an effective speed of 338.75 speed for the first turn.

If your Hux was 340 speed he would go first out of the two. Failing that, run full FO and your Hux will go first after they block the TM gain of each other.

How do you open? If you do first special and remove advantage from their team then SLKR will reapply it which then gives opposing Hux another 20% Tm.
    ManInWhite wrote: »
    Do your and your opponent's Hux(es ?) have the Boundless Ambition Zeta ?

Yes both have the ZETA

I'm sorry, I've overlooked the fact that you were using Malak and Thrawn with SLKR and Hux and assumed you were having issues in mirror matches. Udal's absolutely right: even if Hux can theoretically gain TM from SLKR's lead, he isn't in the full FO squad, therefore his Boundless Ambition unique (the TM gain denial part, specifically) doesn't work, whereas your opponent runs Hux in a full FO squad, so he can prevent TM gain.

• chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    cournojo wrote: »

That's not how you calculate it. You are working out 20% of his speed, which is wrong.

Hux needs 80% TM to take a turn. So you take his speed and divide it by 0.8 to give you the effective starting speed for the initial turn.

That puts the enemy Hux at an effective speed of 338.75 speed for the first turn.

If your Hux was 340 speed he would go first out of the two
    . Failing that, run full FO and your Hux will go first after they block the TM gain of each other.

The bolded part actually isn't true either. You're forgetting that Kylo gives +30 speed with his lead. The actual numbers are 357 for OP's Hux and 301 for the opposing Hux. With the TM boost, the opposing Hux is at 376.
  • UdalCuain
    5008 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    cournojo wrote: »

If your Hux was 340 speed he would go first out of the two
    . Failing that, run full FO and your Hux will go first after they block the TM gain of each other.

The bolded part actually isn't true either. You're forgetting that Kylo gives +30 speed with his lead. The actual numbers are 357 for OP's Hux and 301 for the opposing Hux. With the TM boost, the opposing Hux is at 376.

The OP was unclear whether the lead was included in the stats they've presented or not. I'm assuming they have, as they've used the numbers posted in their own calculations.

Either way, the issue they posted about has the answer.