Why are triangle mods so rare?

Am I just getting bad luck but after 200-250 mods i've only gotten 3 triangle mods. is this normal or am I super unlucky on these?

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    I think the drop rate from mod challenges is 3%

I think all mod shapes should be 1/6 drop rate
  • Options
    I agree, they all should have equal drop rates. My biggest guess about why triangles are so rare is because they’re the only mods that have the valuable crit damage/chance primaries.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »

Why?

Rarity advantages those who play the odds.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Why?

Rarity advantages those who play the odds.

It made a lot more sense back then when mods were first introduced, where we had about 100 characters and mods weren't very important in their primaries and secondaries, and there wasn't any slicing

Even with a 3% drop rate, we also had 3 dot and 4 dot drops

Now it feels like an unnecessary bottleneck, especially when you can get triangles consistently from the mod store, just like any other shapes

Also, back then the only game mode we had for mods was Squad Arena, so you needed 5 good triangle mods to be set

With ~200 characters, and multiple game modes where you can't move the same mods over everytime you use a toon -- you need a lot of triangles now

Also, it hurts newer players since they need a lot of triangles than veteran players and the drop rates are abysmal for them still
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    When mods were first introduced, speed arrows, and CD triangles were the best primaries in the game which is another reason why I think triangles were super rare to get
  • Options
    The mods with geometric shapes that have odd numbers of angles are the most rare. Circles are counted as even with 0.

It's related to the device used to find the Malachor, the Holocron. You know that little pyramidal thing and how rare it was. Only 2 of them I think.
  • Options